Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

How can I place my teenaged child up for adoption?
Find answers to your legal question.

How can I place my teenaged child up for adoption?

LaraSue
Maybe your child should put YOU up for adoption.

Kez
lol i bet every parent to a teenager has asked that at some stage

BUNinTHEoven
why would you want to do something so heinous?

TerraMere
If you are having trouble with your teenager try the Boys and Girls Town Hotline at 1-800-448-3000. See link below for more information.

http://www.boystown.org/AboutUs/hotline/Pages/CrisisHotline.aspx

Good luck.

Bodhi
Rating
Hmmm.

A friend of mine, single gal with a 14 year old, was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She didn't have any family that was able to take her daughter and decided to make an adoption plan for her instead of having her go into foster care after she died.

I'm not saying that's the case with the person asking this question - it's quite possible this is a troll - just saying that there is more than one reason that someone may need to do such a thing than just wanting to dump their kid. That may be worth considering before you rip the s*** out of people.

Headmistress McGonagall
Call your local children and family department. They will place then in foster care right away.

Or you can just wait till the teen is 18 and tell them to get out.

Tammy K
Rating
Do you mind if I ask why you would want to give your child up? Do you have family or friends who can help you with this child? Parenting has it's ups and downs. Feel free to email me privately if you need someone to talk to. I am a good listener and won't judge you.

banananut94
How could you not love your own child

b7
Rating
Why wold you like to do something like that???

Scootup
Rating
Why put them up for adoption, place them on Ebay and make a profit.
Make sure you put down "NO RETURNS"

Crucio
All you can do is give up your rights to the state. Your child might not even get adopted and just linger in the system until he or she turns 18.

AdoreHim
First of all, I am for adoption. I am adopted and have 2 adopted children. However, I am against a parent raising a child until they are a teenager and then just decide not to parent anymore. That is disgusting. Maybe you should have thought about placing for adoption when he/she was first born. It may have been better for them, then to realize that a parent does not want them now.

dontknow86
Rating
This is mean, Even if your joking you can really hurt your child for life.

Dont Touch xXx
Rating
Are you serious? I have no idea how you can do that... isn't it like against the law to put a child over than like 12 up for adoption?....sorry for not helping...but seriously are you serious?

Carnie C
Check and see when the circus is coming to town and leave him there....

shipyard60
I tried to adopt a 16 year old once but the paperwork would have lasted until she was over 18 so I gave up. Usually the courts will sever parental rights not have the parents give them up.

My brother tells me you should put your child in a barrel with a hole then poke food in until they are a teen then plug the hole. I think many parent regret the poor job of parenting they did when the kids are teens. Many more just have a teen rebel but they will be fine once they leave home.

Hang in there they will grow up soon and you may have hair left but probably all gray.

Carol c
Linda, whether you're a troll or this is a genuine question, you should be ashamed of yourself. I feel sorry for your child.

wifeandmom
Rating
Give them to DFS. Sign over your rights. Then go jump off a bridge. Really what do you think you are doing coming on here and asking a question like that? Go put yourself in a hospital and when you get out look at your child again.

Nora
you need to contact a caseworker at family and child services..possibly foster care or emancipation of the child will be considered

MamaKate
Rating
Yikes! I hope that you are seeking help for your family.

Terra gave you are great resource with Boys Town.

There are other organizations that can help as well:
http://www.safe-families.org/
http://www.helpmyteen.com/
http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Family_Issues.shtml

Good luck to your family!

Bryan
Previously Nebraska accepted teenagers under the safe haven law, now its limited to infants.

I'm afraid you're stuck with the little bugger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_haven_law

John A
Rating
There are people in this world who know more than we do. At least they know more than I do. Maybe you could get a big brother or sister for your child. Maybe you could join a church and let some of the folks who have had to deal with
all kinds of out-of-control kids could help you out. Check your own family. Maybe you have an uncle or aunt who would really know how to handle a problem kid. Sit down and ask the kid why he or she is being so difficult. Keep quiet and just listen. Perhaps you will find out about a problem that you were completely unaware of. Remember that if a kid thinks that you are using him to feel good about yourself, he or she may grow resentful. No one wants a guilt trip laid every time they are not perfect. Make firm rules and firm punishment-each rule implicitly stating that you are the boss-a fair one, but the boss nonetheless.

irishchickkk
why the hell would you put them up for adoption?! are you too self-fish to realize its not whats best for your child? you raised them this far, this is the final stretch and you gotta run it out. they aren't very young, the very young children will hardly remember you at all, but your teenager will remember you clear as day. AND its way harder for a teenager to get adopted than it is for a young child to get adopted.

please, balance the pros and cons. you might realise that there are more cons. i'm sorry this doesn't answer your question.

gk
Rating
I sold mine to Gypsies. Now they have to work hard but are happy.

Have you thought about giving them back to the hospital that you got them from? It may be worth a try.
good luck.

crzymmof8
Wow ummm why would you want to? You can turn them over to foster care but unfortunately most teens never get adopted and that is a sad place to put your child but if you don't want/love them maybe it would be better for them. I really just hope this is a troll question as this is too sad if it isn't.

Ace
Rating
thats a teenagetr not a little kig they'll rmember thats ****** up to do
i wouldnt if i were you

chrissy
drop off at cys or dyfs

Lucky☺
Rating
umm..........

Sugarplum
Rating
Just a little. I agree with ebay. though.

nissy_magenta
Yeah, I totally agree with the eBay idea.
But how can you give your own child up for adoption? That's the most ****** up idea I've ever heard a parent would do.
I feel sorry for your kid.
I hope he/she knows you're thinking about such a thing.

nisha
Rating
y woud u want to do such a hatred thing unless their bad i suggest u to take he/she to a foster home

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

When is it too late to give my 2yo up for adoption ?
after my wife had this child we never had a good nights sleep. its been stress for 2 years straight. the baby barely even smiles, only cries and throw stuff. if it was not for this child we could be ...

Can anyone force me to get an abortion?
I am 18 years old and 8 weeks pregnant. I know I am not capeable of caring for a child. I want to put the baby up for adoption, however my bf and his parents are telling me that an abortion is my ...

Do you think i should go and adopt or not?
Hi I am a 21 year old female. seeking answer for a problem I have. I have been taking care of a child since she was born march 8,2007 her mother signed her over to me while she was in jail now that ...

How much money do birth parents get when they give their baby up for adoption?
how much money is a normal price to ask for?
i have heard anywhere from 10k to 40k... and i dont know what is normal.
i am young and pregnant and i will be giving my baby up for adoption.<...

I found out a month ago that i was pregnat at 14?
well a month ago me and my friends got drunk on a friday night it was a one off,anyway some boys from school joined us and started get to close and one of the boys i know really well said his house ...

Should singles be able to adopt children ?

Adoptive parents: Just how wealthy are you?
One of the prevailing stereotypes surrounding potential/adoptive parents: money... and lots of it. Particularly if you adopt an infant and especially if you adopt internationally.

I do ...

Why is searching for birthparents considered courageous?
Really now! I just read this. If one wants to search and disrupt lives that is perfectly fine for them. Courageous??????...

If you think adoption is a wonderful thing?
Would you give one of YOUR children to other people who can't have one of their own?
Additional Details
I'm talking about your your situation, right now, not if you were young ...

Do you think adoptive parents are the controlling type?
seems like most i know in my life , and some here to, are very controlling. i wondering if its because they cant control having there own kids?...

My parents adopted my son?
and he is 4 they had his sence he was 3 months old, he is a great kid very smart and nothing wrong with him. the reason i desided to ask them to adopt my son was because i felt i wasnt ready to care ...

What is wrong with ponies and pools and rainbows?
Doesn't everyone want the good life? Is this not the American dream? Why are women mocked for wanting this for their child? Oh, you who glamorize poverty, you have not lived in it. Many in ...

My friend wants to get an abortion. i want to direct her toward giving the child up for adoption.?
I don,t know how the process works. I feel that if i could present the idea in a way that is easy to understand she would more readily consider it....

If Adopters really cared about other people's kids, why wouldn't they be honest and I say that they are NOT?
the parents. They are only caregivers. Perhaps a step above a babysitter. Humans can only ever have one mother and one father. You are NOT parents.

Kids don't want a make-believe ...

Ok adoption what if the baby cames to look for me what do i do?

What one meaningful word would you use to describe YOUR adoption?
ONE only please.

for me DESTINY...

Is adoption that bad?
We plan on adopting. I have severe endometriosis and can't have a biological baby. We won't be starting the process for another year but I read this board frequently and often see people ...

Isn't it a bad idea for white people to adopt a black baby?
Isn't it a bad idea for white people to adopt a black baby? I am adopted from the Dominican Republic and in my town luckily i could cross sides because my nieghborhood is all white so i knew ...

I gave up my daughter for adoption, my friend adopted a child and returned her after 3 years. are we the same?
What I mean is, she thinks that what we did was the same, what are your thoughts? The little girl was from Viet Nam and she had many issues.
Additional Details
I gave my child up in 1972...

Do you think adoption is right?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links