Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

How can we find a pregnant woman who wants to give her baby up for adoption?
Find answers to your legal question.

How can we find a pregnant woman who wants to give her baby up for adoption?

We are a married couple who cannot have children by our own. Instead of going through any kind of fertility treatment in order to bring a new baby to this world, we would rather find a pregnant woman who wishes to give her child up for adoption directly, without any agency involved, so we can give our love to this baby. Of course, we are not looking for something ilegal or "buying" a baby, we just want to find someone for private adoption, something that is legal in many countries (many states in USA, Mexico, Bolivia...). The problem is that we do not know where to find those women looking for help. How should we search for them? And where?

tish
ebay... craigslist... overstocked.com...uteri r us!

come on now... why do people keep posting this question?

ETA: shanice, i'll give you a pass because you seem very young, but please know how stank it is to expect that a young woman would stay pregnant just to give someone a kid! if someone wants an abortion...they usually don't want to stay pregnant! this ain't juno, dear.

ETA: jennifer... like i mentioned previously, i'm sorry that your husband was in charge of your reproductive choices... but...your poor reproductive choices do not mean that you are entitled to a baby just because you are christian and your sister has more kids then you. if you truly want more kids, try foster care... there TONS of kids who desperately need a home...that way you can help a kid who really needs help (as you implied i do not support when you emailed me).

but somehow, i think you are itching for a baby fresh out of the oven and not one of 'those' foster kids...

Heather
Well this is definitely not the place.

Please do not contact any 'teens" considering abortion on this forum as one of the other posters stated. That is rude. Mind your own business.

aloha.girl59
Rating
You are trolling. That is against Y!A's code of conduct and it's also disgusting. If you truly want to give a home to a child who needs one (rather than separate a newborn from its mother), adopt a child through foster care.

If you insist on trolling for babies, go somewhere else. This isn't the place for it. In fact, NOWHERE is the proper place for it.

MamaKate
Dear Susana,

Have you considered adopting an older child? How about foster care adoption? Infant adoption is a tricky thing when it comes to ethics. I sincerly hope that you and you husband will educate yourselves about adoption and look at all your possible options within adoption before you rush in to it.

Please hang around here for a while, read some blogs and books, join some adoption chat boards, talk to people who are living adoption, etc. Educating yourselves will help you navigate the complicated, LIFELONG process of adoption and help you to be a better (adoptive) parent in the long run. You can also find support and ideas through many of these sources.

Here are some great web sites:
http://www.ethicanet.org/itemlist.php?pagestyle=itemlist
http://www.karensadoptionlinks.com/pear/
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=ethical+adoption&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
http://www.exiledmothers.com/adoption_facts/ethical_agencies.htm

Here are some blogs you may be interested in:
First Mothers:
http://musingsofthelame.blogspot.com/
http://exiledmom.blogspot.com/
http://birthmom1986-confessionsof.blogsp...

Adoptees:
http://chezblot.blogspot.com/
http://adoptedjane.blogspot.com/
http://amyadoptee.blogspot.com/

Best wishes for a positive adoption experience for you and your family!

PS: Please do not "troll" for pregnant teen or expectant mothers in crisis on the internet! This is predatory and extremely UNethical behavior!

ETA: Jennifer B. Are you kidding?! OMG! Not funny.

babyhooker
You could go and become a foster parent with the intent to adopt. My cousin and his wife couldn't have children but really couldn't afford the cost of adoption so they went through their own county. They took mapp classes, and did their home study. The entire process takes about 6 months. Once your licensed you may be as choosy as you like. EX: girl, under 3 months, white, brown eyes. An adoption costs less then 500.00, in most states. And your childs education will be paid for, college. Also they will send you a monthly check until the age of 18, not much, a couple hundred dollars. I highly suggest you checking it out. We recently finished classes, and have our homestudy tonight. Hopefully by sept we'll have a baby girl Hope this helps, and good luck =)

Gaia Raain
I've heard of quite a few predatory techniques since I've been on Y!A. I'm SURE you wouldn't want to do any of THOSE things, though, because they're unethical, sometimes illegal (and if not, they should be), and as I already mentioned, predatory. As others have mentioned, you could try foster care, or foster adoption, if you have any interest in ethical adoption practices. Before doing that, though, please spend a LOT of time reading up on the adoptee's point of view. Your child will have to give up everything they know and love to become YOUR child, and that's really sad. Here are some good books to start off with:

Twenty things adopted kids wish their adoptive parents knew
The primal wound
Helping children cope with separation and loss
Journey of the adopted self
Toddler adoption: the weaver's craft

6ºizq
Rating
esto es trafico de menores, esta penalizada por ley.

Independ"ant"
Unbelievable.

Now that Guatemala is cracking down the "baby selling racket", they are moving into Bolivia taking advantage of the indigenous people there. Although, its "legal" that doesn't mean its ethical nor righteous.

Have you tried buying a doll. There are good ones that you can bottle feed and pull a string or squeeze and they'll make plenty of noises and sounds. Some can even say words and poop. Just a suggestion.

sunny
Well, VERY few women WANT to give their babies up. They do so because they are in a desperate situation, and have few resources.

And if you really wanted to "help" these women you would try to assist them in keeping their own children, instead of helping yourself to them. Children are (except in the cases of abuse, addiction or profound neglect) much better off with their families, instead of being raised by strangers. Just because you are infertile doesn't mean you deserve someone else's child.

And chances are, IF you ever find a baby to adopt, you will be spending A LOT of money ($20-40K) on attorneys. No money goes to the women who made the child, so technically you would not be "buying" the baby, you'll be paying off the wealthy middle man.

Hope that helped.

ETA: Kristy/Googly/Whatever:

Direct quote from the questioner:

"The problem is that we do not know where to find those women looking for help."

She's looking to HELP herself to someone else's baby, just like you did.

meganjo63
Rating
Advertise, create a website? Dunno. Good luck.

Sophie
Rating
This is really not the forum you should be using. Try calling an adoption agency or social worker to obtain the information you desire.

Sunny: The questions wasn't how can she help the mother, it was how can she finds a woman who wants to "give her baby up for adoption". She's looking to become a parent- not a caretaker/nanny to an adult.

Marsha
You will require a homestudy which is usually done by an agency or independent social worker. You do not have to place through an agency, but you do require a homestudy for any legal adoption in the US.

Some states only allow adoptions through agencies, so check your state laws. Other states allow lawyers to match adoptive families to potential birth mothers. In either case, if you find a birth mother on your own your fees will be lower since the agency/lawyer did not perform the match. You can do this through networking and advertising.

*i <3 twilight*
There are tons of teens up here who wanna get an abortion cuz they are pregnant contact one of those girls by typing in pregnant teens and see who is pregnant.

Evil J
Rating
Try craigslist

jessica
im 5 weeks pregnant..i have no money to feed my child...im here at the philippines...takenote im a prostitute..i worked in a private company with a very small salary..i have already two sons..here's my email pooh18_23@yahoo.com

white-holliday
I am willing to adopt a baby as well. My husband and I have been trying for awhile now with no success. We have a large family and lots of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Plus two parents with SO much unconditional love. Contact me holliday. stacy @yahoo.con

Lanise&Blair
hi all we are looking to give a baby lots of love and a wonderful life we have a nursery all fixed up and have everything you need already even diapers lol we are ready if there is anyone that was not ready to have a baby and wants to give it a happy home let me know email us at lnb4ever06@aol.com

velezs45
Hello , my husband and I are looking for a home for our son. we were wondering if there is someone out there looking to adopt. you can contact us directly using velezs45@yahoo.com

gracii192
I am 20 year old female who is currently pregnant for 6 months already. I am searching for a couple or family who wants to adopt a baby. I will be glad to give him/her to them in exchange of a good future. My boyfriend left me upon knowing my condition. He won't take any responsibility on the baby because according to him he is not prepared yet. I am struggling now about my condition. Can someone help me? I am scared right now. Please help me. I hope this site would help me. Please contact me if you and your spouse are interested.

plubahn
breanna, my husband and I are dying for a baby and I have endometriosis and cant have any children and would love to talk to you. I am a psychologists and my husband is a music teacher please contact me asap. pam plubahn99@aol.com

jenn
i am 23 i cant have kids i know there there is teen out there that are pregnat wanting to give it up i want to start a family so if anyone can help hit me up plz

Brenna G
I am 32 year old female currently pregnant only at 6 weeks. I am happy to carry it to term and will gladly give my baby to a family who can afford to give it proper care as long as I am cared for in the interrim. My boyfriend left me and I am struggling for money....very scared as to what to do next. Dont know if this is the forum....please contact me if you and your spouse would want my baby.

cdog
brenna g my husband and i are childless and have a love for children. we are finacally stable and would like to talk to you in person about your situation.we would like to help.

amybanks35
brenna g willing help contact me amybanks35@yahoo.com

RMckay
My husband and I are willing to help any mother that can't care For her child.

lisa miller
gracii192 there is no contact info for you a number or email I am very interested in adopting me and my husband have unconditional love we want to share with a baby I have 2 children 6 and 8 and would like another to give my love to but do not want to become pregnant when there are so many children in this world that are out there for adoption that need love because the birth parents are unable to do it at this time in their lives due to many different circumstances please contact me so we can discuss the matter either through email and I will email back with a phone number so we can talk this through and see what you think an what options you have. Thank you very much Lisa miller, and again please email me to exchange contact info/ phone numbers and talk. email address is lisa03060@yahoo.com.

godcanhelpme
I'm looking for a young lady who needs help and wants to give here baby or babies to a good home as for myself I lost my babies about 3months ago so I have so much love to give me and my husband and we are looking for a baby asap I have all the things a little baby boy would need so if there's any one out there who needs the help please let me know asap leave a message in my email so I can call you and God bless you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why would it be in the child's best interests to remain in foster care?
I'm asking this because I was watching an episode of adoption stories today where a family was interested in adopting an 8 year old girl, but before they could meet, the caseworkers decided that ...

Do you think some women place as a way to punish themselves?
Do you think some women place their child(ren) for adoption as a way to punish themselves for behaviors looked down at by society?...

Need help to find my son that I put up for adoption.?
I put up my son for adoption when I was 14 and now he would be 20 now. I am not sure of the lawyer that my parents used. What do I do....

Question.. I was thinking about something. ?
I was just thinking.. is asking a woman in a crisis pregnancy "have you thought about abortion" just as distasteful as asking "have you thought about giving it up."

W...

What do you think is more important to a relinquished child in a third world country?
having a family (biological or adoptive) or having their culture?...

Is this a load of?
Ok. Someone please tell me what they mean by saying that the adopted child was stolen from their family?

Even though 9/10, the bio mother has given her consent to adoption anyway.

Young married couple looking to adopt baby?
so. Me and My husband have been married for a while now. He is 19 and im 18. we are looking into adoption becuae we figure that an adoptive child needs love too. WE were wanting to know if we have a ...

What are some options for a teenage girl who wants to parent, but will not be allowed to come home if she...?
chooses this option?

I posted earlier about her aunt and uncle taking care of the baby and got some good responces. She also is considering parenting but her mom and dad will not let her ...

Adoption Question?
I am 15 and pregnant, that was a dumb choice i know already so please dont remind me. Anyways I dont want to keep the baby because i would be a horriable mother at this point in my life also i am not ...

I have three adopted babies should i get a dog.?
I have a 2 year old girl 8mo old girl 6mo old boy who i just got 5 days ...

Is There a Conflict of Interest When Agencies Counsel Expectant Mothers?
Can Someone please explain to me how an adoption agency with a waiting list of say 35 people who have each paid to the agency a $10,000 deposit possibly provide unbiased counselling to an expectant ...

Have you ever had a reply or question get violated?
There are some trolls in this section who report answers that shouldn't be reported, answers that are NOT in violation with the community guidelines.

So I want to encourage everyone ...

Have you ever blamed your bio parents?
Have you ever found out that you a condition (cancer, polio, diabetes etc) and know that it runs in your bio family and blame them for it. I know I shouldn't as no one asks to be ill but ...

Question about adopting a babby boy?
My partner and I want to adopt a babby boy and raise him as a Transvestite (give him a girl's name, dress him in girly clothes etc.) Do I need to inform the government of this beforehand? Is ...

In an open adoption what can the birth mother tell her previous child when the belly starts to grow?
my previous child is 2, going on 3 years; i am 4 months preg.

funny story: my 2-year-old has a favorite doll we named bobby (about 7inches in heigth)... the other day she points to my ...

Is poverty really a "temporary" situation?
How much MORE money should California give to help young mother's so they do not have to place their children for adoption? They are already facing a $15.2 BILLION dollar deficit.

W...

I need some thoughts on what was just told to me from adoptee/ AP from foster care?
Foster son going for PC next week hopefully it goes through. Adoption worker called she said we should let him know he is adopted ( no problem there) Keep the info about his family so he can look ...

Adopting...?
Would it be a good idea to adopt? It's always been something that I've wanted to do because there are so many children that are just thrown away because their parents are too inconvenced by ...

Is it Adoption or do some people just Feel Loss?
As an adoptive parent I do want to be sensitive and respect my children's feelings including their feelings about Loss.
I have to admit however, that I am not 100% convinced these feelings ...

Mixed race adoptions?
Are people in America open to adopting babies of mixed race? If so, how do you find them?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, August 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links