Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

How did YOU feel after giving your baby up for adoption? (if you did so)?
Find answers to your legal question.

How did YOU feel after giving your baby up for adoption? (if you did so)?

just live your life.
i gave birth to my son & kept him.
he is the light of my life.
he is 2yrs old & couldn't imagine a day with out him.

if i would have given him up i think i would be devestated every day wondering what he was doing, if he was treated well, what he was wearing, if he was talking, walking, etc.
every time you would see a child the age of the one you gave up you would always wonder... ya know!

i can't imagine.

Cleopatra
Most natural mothers don't "give away their baby," most are coerced. However, in light of answering your question about how it "feels" - numb, powerless, confusing and WRONG. These "feelings" don't cease, even after blissful reunions.

grapesgum
I was fortunate that I did not get pregnant during the times of forced surrenders, so I never had to experience that living hell. Unfortunately, some of my family members did. They describe it as:

1) being buried alive
2) living life without a single completely happy moment
3) incapable of ever taking a single deep cleansing breath

snowwillow20
Rating
I felt like crap. I cried for almost 30 years and then I went looking and found her. That was in 2001. I still feel the guilt of giving her away. She has forgiven me but I find it hard to forgive myself.

Aislin
Rating
I felt like I should have had the good sense to bleed out on the delivery table. It is a pain deeper than I ever imagined.
If you want to explore parenting stop by http://connections-usa.org/

Andraya - Snark's Sister
I felt like my life was over and in many ways it was. My faith died that day, faith in a higher power, humanity, family etc.

Pip
Rating
I didn't give my son up, I was bullied and lied into it so no I will never get over it. Reunion has made it worse so it's just another thing I have learnt to deal with.

7rin
Having been abandoned to adoption myself, I would never do that to my child (nor to anyone else's). I kept my daughter.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should teen mothers be URGED to give up their babies for adoption?
Is that the best thing for all involved? Why or why not?...

She wants to consider adoption?
My girlfriend Danielle is pregnant with our second child. We have a year old daughter who we but love and adore. We are only 21 and she told me she is not as excited for this baby as our daughter. T...

if you are an orphan do you choose your name?
like your first and last name cause that would be pretty ...

Why does a garage door opener with or without the door hooked open only a foot or two and then stop?
and does the same if the door is open and you try to close it?...

US Permanent residents seek advice for international adoption.?
We have green card in USA. That is we are permanent residents but not US citizens yet. How can we do interntional adoption and get baby home immediately? We are told that thers is no way this can be ...

Giving you baby up for adoption?? Im 16 and 35 weeks pregnant.?
I want my baby to have a lot more than what i am able to give her at this point in my life. I'm giving my baby up to my Aunt and Uncle who have no been able to conceive, they have tried for 10 ...

Can/should my other children contact my son that I relinquished over 17 years ago?
I have recently told my other children that they have an older brother. I know that I can't legally contact him until he reaches 18, but can my children? I found him on MySpace and Facebook, but ...

i need help with trying to adopt?
my brother in law lost his daughter to the state and me and my husband want to adopt her to keep her in the family but there telling us we need a relainship with her to adopt her help anyone please ...

Adoptees with infertile amoms: Did she have her infertility issues worked out before she adopted you?
As I've been told many times on this site, not every adoptive mother is infertile.

But for the ones who had infertile amothers (and I know some became *fertile*, like mine) do you ...

Do you think adoption is "beautiful"?
I read comments on here often that proclaim, "I think adoption is beautiful!"

What is "beautiful" about adoption?...

My sister was adopted and now her social worker is tryin to help me contact her?
My sister was given up for adoption when she was 8 or 9.
Now she's 16 and I'm 17.
I have been searching for her everywhere. No luck.
So I found out who her social worker was ...

When adopting a child is it necessary to disclose your HIV status?
The condition is under control. This relates to a lady in South Africa who desperately wants to adopt.
Additional Details
Those who say she will die are not educated about HIV. The ...

do somebody wanna adopt me?
i just turned 16...and i got a girl friend on my 16th b'day.....and just seeking for good parents..we will live like a most happiest family.....do somebody wanna adopt me?....im so sweet cute.......

do you want to adopt me?
im a 16 y.o boy...sweet and cute!...

How much do we have to earn per annum to adopt?
My family (me husband son) are now starting to get serious about adoption...but we are lower-middle class financially. I can't find anything about a rough estimate in ANY of the research I'...

Im afraid to buy condoms from a gas station!?
Like, im afraid if i buy them from a bathroom at a gasstation, that an alarm would go off or ...

Can we legally adopt my boyfriends nephew?
Me and my boyfriend want to get custody of his nephew, me, him, his parents all live together, with the little boy. His mother (my boyfriends sister) moved out and doesn't pay for anything for ...

im pregnant and putting the baby up for adoption...?
Its a girl and I'm due on halloween. Its a semi-open adoption and the adoptive parents are allowing me to make her some keepsakes so she'll always have something from me. I'm making ...

Does this story make you want to consider adopting or fostering an older child?
His name was Christian. He was 9, and in a special education school. He had major anger problems, and was living in a horrible foster home. He had been in foster care ever since he was 18 months old. ...

Step parent adoption question I can't answer?
I have a good friend who asked me a step parent adoption question that I cannot answer, so I will ask here and see if anyone has an answer.

My friend has a 13 yr old daughter who was ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links