Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

How do you go about adopting from someone you know?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do you go about adopting from someone you know?

My best friend is pregnant and doesn't want to keep the baby. We have talked about my husband and I adopting it. What are the steps we need to take? She is due in two months.

Mom to Foster Children
You will need to hire an adoption attorney - to get the paperwork done. Also the father of this child will need to be in agreement with the decision that has been made and if he is on board with it, he needs to sign over his parental rights...if he is not on board with the decision - he can fight for custody of the child once it's born.

Pregnant w/ our first ARMY BRAT
you need to call a law office and hire a lawyer

LindseyTaylor
Rating
you need to call a lawyer and do it all legally...

there are fees and paperwork cost still but it can be done..

XRAY
Rating
You first step is to obtain an attorney. Both you and your husband along with the mother- to-be must meet with the attorney. She has to legally give up her parental rights to you. You have to undergo a home study, which really is not that bad. Your attorney will help you with all forms that must be signed and filed in your local court house. Once everything has been done a court date will be set for the judge to render his/her decision.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What do you think about?
this web-site and these stories? I think they are really sad and should be made into a movie so the truth can come out about times back then.

http://exiledmothers.com...

Who are they trying to get a hold of and how much longer?
Ok our foster son (we have had him since two days old he is two months now) had first PC hearing yesterday it was continued because not everyone was served. Meaning not everyone was made aware of ...

Why don't safe haven laws work? ?
Every year you see mothers usually teen moms throwing their children in dumpsters leaving them at door steps etc. The media does a big thing about safe haven laws. you can drop your new born child ...

Can anyone help me bout apotion plz read ?
my son is nearly 4 and his real dad as seen him once since he as been born an doesnt bother with him anymore my chap who i have been with 4 3 and a half years has brought him up and been there for ...

Age gap requirement in adopting from Foster care?
I was just curious if anyone knows the "general" age gap requirement for adopting from foster care. Meaning, how much older than the child do you have to be.

I'm asking for ...

Trying to help a friend who has custody of a newborn, mother incarcerated,she wants to adopt funds low ?
my friend has custody of a newborn baby. the mother is incarcerated and asked that my friend take care of him. the father is my friends brother he also incarcerated. she wants to adopt him but she ...

What is your opinion on my personal foster/adoption situation?
Ok heres the deal... In Febuary of 08 my husband and I found out about my 2 siblings, we didnt know they existed before because my bio-Dad (fresh outa prison) never told us, I am 29, 2 siblings and ...

Sealed records - where to get them BEFORE the adoption is final?
Gershom has explained to me that records are sealed (forever) in the state that I live in. We are adopting in November - who do I need to contact to get these records - medical history - original ...

How many mothers of the EMS are here who have their records from their time "away"?
I refer to medical records, social worker notes, signed copies of their surrenders, and/or any other records of that time period?
Additional Details
FYI, the term EMS stands for the Era ...

Are Adoptee's who had a positive adoption experience?
more likely to be expected to relinquish when facing an unplanned pregnancy than those who had a negative adoption experience or were not adopted?
Additional Details
Evan H- thank you ...

Is it easier to adopt a biracial child?
My husband and I have been together for 12 years. We have a 10 year old daughter and 7 year old son who are biracial. They are fine with themselves luckly no identity issues. We are open with them. I ...

Questions for Mothers from the Baby Scoop Era, and others who were coerced into relinquishment?
If you are in reunion or even if you are not, would you tell (or plan to tell) your child the about the horrific way you were treated until you signed the TPR?

Also, Lets be nice to each ...

As an AP (in the future) how can I make sure my child is a 1st class citizen?
Pardon my french, but screw the laws... Not that I won't work to have them changed, but if they're NOT....

As an AP (in the future, that is) how can I ensure my child is treated ...

Adopting a child from overseas?
Hi

Does anyone know how difficult it would be do adopt a child from overseas (Asia) while living as a permenant resident ( not citizen) in Australia ? and how do we go about doing ...

I want to adopt gay children...?
Do you think that there are gay foster children up for adoption? My wife and I would love to help them.
Additional Details
Okay, I am gay...I was thinking of gay teens...I don't ...

How can i go about adopting my best friend as a sister? I heard it's been done before.?

Additional Details
and i don't mean my mother adopting her... we're both 18 and want to be official sisters we known each other since we were 3....

Need help finding someone?
I was wondering what is the best way to go about finding someone my grandmother gave up for adoption? I have very little information on them I have that is was a girl and that it was in Columbus, O...

What happens during an for adoption homestudy?
What exactly does a homestudy for adoption involve?

Do they ask you questions, inspect your home or both?

Also, does it not defeat the purpose oof them being there as if they ...

Adoption and citizenship?
This question is about whether or not adoption can affect citizenship.

Basically my friend was born (and lives) in America. His mother is American but his father is English (moved to A...

What do you think of this situation?
I answered this question on the Parenting forum. So far I'm the only one to answer. Just got me thinking and I have been wondering what some of your opinions on this are. Here's the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, November 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links