Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

How much money do you have to make to adopt a child?
Find answers to your legal question.

How much money do you have to make to adopt a child?

Is the amount any different for adopting a disabled child versus one that doesn't have a disability? All of the sites I go to about adoption say you need to have enough money to support the child but never really say what that could mean as a number.
Additional Details
Do you know how it would differ to become a foster parent and then, possibly, adopt one of the children that you had been a foster parent to? Are the monetary and other requirements still the same?

reneaumommy
to foster you just need to be able to support yourself the state will give you a board payment to cover the expenses of the child. Don't expect to come out ahead. We spend quite a bit more than the board payment however we do a lot of activities and dining out and such not to mention we like to shop for new clothing and shoes! As for when you adopt a foster child it depends on the state. some states continue to give you the board payment until the child turns 18 some stop the payment. check with your local socail servives.

If a child has a disability the board payment is significantly higher because they have more needs and appointments and such you will need to attend to.

Kelly
To foster a child you only need to make enough money to support yourself. You will get monetary compensation for fostering the child or children but you are not to feel that money is to help you pay your bills. If you adopt a child through the foster care system it can be as cheap as about two thousand dollars, my friend just completed her adoption. Also, visit several state adoption websites. States like Texas and Maryland have an adoption exchange program where most of their children are available to be adopted outside their home state and the state compensates the parents monetarily until the child turns 18 and the child may go back to their home state for college for free. Good luck!

ELLE T
Rating
If you are in the UK it doesn't cost a penny. Our local authority even paid for our medicals. Parents who are unemployed are able to adopt so the onus isn't on financial ability it is on the love, care and support you can give the child/children.

If you foster children here you get a fostering allowance so are in effect paid to care for the children. Again there are no financial criteria to foster either.

Landon's Mommy
Rating
I know that you have to make lots to adopt, but you don't need to make hardly anything to keep foster kids. An adoption agency would be able to tell you this stuff. =]

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Adopting my step daughter
Raised her since she was 5, she is now 10. Her biol. mom lost custody - drug use and being psychologically unstable, has not spoken to my step daughter or given financial support x 5 years. She ...

Is there a website with adoption records?
I was adopted and I just want to know what my birthmom is up to. Or at least anything about her.....

What has your experience with adoption been like?
My friend and I have been having a debate about adoption. She says that adoption is a terrible practice that no woman or child should be forced to endure, and feels that it is not an option women ...

Can anyone tell me how to do this?
My current situation is my parents are divorced I live with my mom full time, I'm 13, and I don't have any contact with my father by my choice. Both of my parents are abusive and I'm ...

In the state of Arizona when adopting a baby, I know you have 7days to wait until you can become the legal...
parents of the little one. What if the birthmother doesn't sign off on her parental rights but you still have the baby at our home. Once the 7 days are up, is that it for the birthmother? Does ...

Doing Foster To Adopt
I was wanting to know if anyone on here has ever Foster To Adopt a child, and if so during your intensive interview, at your home, what kind of questions do they ask you?? Any help is appreciated....

We wanted to adopt a small chold between the ages of 2 and 4
since 3 of our children have grown and moved on . we have 2 children left a 13 yr old and a 5 yr old when we checked into adopting it was going to take about 2 yrs in classes and fostering the child ....

As a Foster Parent would you consider?
requesting an original birth certificate for each child you foster so he or she can have it when they get older?

This may be the only way some adoptees will have access to their truth ...

What is the point then of reuniting if it causes so much pain?
Wouldn't it be better to leave well enough alone if knowing your mother causes you so much pain? You said yourself that you cannot regain your lost years so why do you try? Why not focus on ...

Sis who was given up for adoption...need help dealing with this.
About 8 or 9 yrs ago my brother came to me with info that we had an older sis who was given up for adoption. My families not close and I can't really talk to my mom about a lot and had been ...

Silly question, can one participate in advocating for OBC's in states that you do not reside in?
For instance, can i sign petitions for open records in Illinois if i live in Wisconsin? Or would my signature not count?

Can i mail or/and email state legislators in other states? Does ...

What states have open records for adoptees?
I am just curious which states have open records. And what can be done to advocate for open records in all states?...

How can I find my biological mom? NY laws?
I know NY laws are strict on adoptions, but I have also heard of New Yorkers finding their biological parents. What's the first step? All I know is the day, the hospital and the agency. I don...

Do you know anyone who put their child up for adoption?
How did it affect them? Were they depressed and how did they get over it?...

Children in foster care groups homes do they attend public schools?
Are volunteers allowed in group homes to tutor the children?

Thank you for your help....

When is a family too big? Is it fair to adopt this many children?
http://www.allourboys.co
Thanks for your opinions....

Why is a white baby considered "the perfect baby" by some...?
...and any other mix or race baby is "the only kind some adoptive parents could get"?

I've seen so many people in here say things to that effect and it sickens me. Do they ...

Important to see a therapist who has an understanding of adoption/foster issues?
For people who are adopted or for AP or foster kids, do you think it is important that a therapist you plan to work with have an understanding of issues relating to adoption or foster care?

Question on Adopting an older child thats in bad care?
Is there any possible way of adopting a child thats already in care but they're in abusive care? My son's friend is under care of her grandmother, and she is physically and mentally abused ...

What's a group home?
what's a group home??...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, April 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links