Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

I want to adopt an infant but don't have a lot of money. Can some one help?
Find answers to your legal question.

I want to adopt an infant but don't have a lot of money. Can some one help?

Proud AP!
Rating
foster care that is going to be your best bet.

maybe
If you don't have money you will be unable to adopt an infant.

monkeykitty83
"Don't have lots of money" as in "Am not wealthy," or as in "Will have trouble supporting myself and this child"? That makes a HUGE difference.

If you're just not wealthy but are financially stable, you should consider adoption from foster care. It's low-cost or free, depending on your area, and there are thousands of wonderful and loving kids waiting for permanent homes. If you insist on an infant you'll be waiting a long time, but if you're willing to consider adopting an older child, things will go faster. Older children are just as deserving of caring and love, even if it means adjusting your expectations a little.

There is no way you will be able to privately adopt a newborn cheaply-- if you want to do that, expect to pay $15,000-$30,000+.

If you are not financially stable and would have trouble providing for yourself and a child, please do not adopt (including from foster care) at this time. Kids don't require rich parents, but they DO require parents who can meet their needs. If you honestly can't do that, you need to wait till you're in a better place with your money before you consider any type of adoption.

Proud
Rating
If you don't have enough money to adopt, you most likely won't be able to afford everything the child will need for the rest of its life either, so perhaps you should reconsider. Children cost a lot of money, no matter how they arrive in your care. Sit down with a professional and take a look at your finances before considering anything else.

grapesgum
No. You do not sound like a good candidate for adoption.

Have you looked into foster care?

Randy B
Rating
Assuming you mean that you don't have thousands of spare dollars to spend on an adoption and not that you are barely able to meet your current financial obligations, you best bet would be to look into adoption through domestic foster care. There are thousands of children who are freely available for adoption and who are living in temp foster homes while they await adoption. Adoption of these children, in most areas of North America (assuming that is where you are from) is either free or at most around $1000. Check into it with your local Dept of Social Services. They can provide the details relevant to your jurisdiction.

cantstopLinnyG
Rating
no money=no baby.
Check into becoming a foster parent, the kids who really need a home.

shmurfkins
Rating
Well, children really are expensive, and if you adopt you're looking at buying formula, clothes, a crib, all the baby stuff that you need. I don't know if you've looked lately, but formula is expensive, as are the bottles you'd need. The crib and baby furniture is expensive as well. With needing to buy all of that, if you haven't much money, adoption isn't the way for you yet. But you could wait a little longer and save. Buy what you need a little at a time and save up all the money that you can. Look back into adoption later.

Or, as many others have said, foster care could be good for you.

Tamra
Not trying to be mean at all, but honestly if you can't come up with the money to adopt then how do you plan on taking care of the baby? the government?

Ouida B
Thats really nice of you but babies do require a certain amount of money. I suggest you get licensed to become a foster parent. Foster a newborn that's parent have given up their parental rights. Then adopt the baby. There are funds available to foster parent to help with the costs of raising children which you will qualify for. There are also funds for adoptive parents, which you will also qualify for. The attorney fees are waived and paid for by the state. Good Luck

kateiskate
Have one...That's free/cheap since health ins will pay for most of your hospital care...

Independ"ant"
Sure I can help....I suggest getting a baby doll.

Its amusing seeing women walking around with them.

Is she crazy or is she infertile or both.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

My friend gave up two twin girls for adoption 14 yrs ago they found her and have been begging since?
they talk about her choice to give them up, as she was young and going through a divorce from the father who was also young, but now they have found her and have continued to beg and borrow money one ...

Can My partner Adopt my 2 year old Son?
Is it legal for my de facto partner to adopt my son? Would we have to marry. Technically there isnt a biological father yet, as dna testing needs to be done. Im just scared that when the testing ...

Can someone tell me...?
What are U.S. adoption processes like compared to transracial ones?...

Muslim family adopting an Chinese orphan?
Inspired by the good natured acts of others, I would like a little sister from China.
However, all the sites I have checked out say that only Christian families may participate. :(
My dad ...

How do i become anorexic?
how do i get the will power not to eat?...

My foster parents....?
treat me like dirt.when i need something like female items they get upset with me like if my fault what my body goes through.and they tell me they wish they had never adopted me and calls me a ...

Adoption, temporary custody, please help.?
Okay. My situation at home has only gotten worse. My family and I are completely living off welfare and the kindness of my grandparents and my mother's boyfriend. My mother cannot work because ...

How many other adoptees are in rocky reunions?
And how long do you hang in there for? I've tried, but there is nothing there. We have nothing in common and because of that I think I'm just hurting her. N (my bio mom) really wants to be ...

I want my husband to adopt my children. Their father will not relinquish his rights.?
My ex does not pay child support, and now that he doesn't have a car, i have to take the kids and pick them up to see him. I dont know how or what I ca do to take legal action. Is there any way ...

Can anyone help with adoption research for a novel?
Hi, I'm currently trying to write a novel, (written about 30,000 words so far) and much of it is based on fostering/adoption. Whilst this is not the main story, it is integral to it, and I am ...

How to adopt from the Foster Care System?
I am looking for resources such as websites, phone numbers, etc as to how my husband and I can pursue adopting from the Foster Care System.

We live in WI but does anybody know if ...

Foster to adopt AP's?
Hi. Our foster child is coming up for his TPR hearing this month. Our family wants to be there, but we are NOT allowing that because of the history and background of our child, his half-sibling, and ...

He went back out with me what should i do?
I broke up with my boyfriend because he said in the future when we got married and it turned out i could not have kids that he would not adopt. I asked him time after time if he would ever consider ...

Have you read the book Ithaka: A Daughter's Memoir of Being Found by Sarah Saffian?
I have to write a book review over Ithaka: A Daughter's Memoir of Being Found by Sarah Saffian. I don't have time to finish it. So can anyone tell me the details of what happens in the end. ...

Is there any international adoption agencies that work with older parents?
On every site I look the age limits are different for Kazakhstan! And I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on agencies....

Do you believe that adoptees are idealized and glamorized?
just sayin'...

Do you agree with adoption agencies that say single parents can't adopt?
I was planning to adopt a child from China and was told no because I am not married. In my opinion, this is just wrong. I mean%2
Additional Details
@~Andraya~I will not be silenced: S...

My parents are adopting and...?
There's a person coming Monday for a homestudy to survey everyone . What kind of questions should I be expecting ?...

FIANCE WANTS TO ADOPT MY DAUGHTER?
My fiance has been in my daughters life since she was 8 months old & she is now 7. She doesn't know her biological father or that he even exists. He chose to move to the other side of the ...

Has anybody adopted through social services in the US?
My Husband and I are really interested in adopting through social services. I have been looking into the process for about 6 months, and we would be interested in starting the application about 6 ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, August 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links