Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

I want to start my career in helping children find homes like adoption(only people who have adopted /fostered)?
Find answers to your legal question.

I want to start my career in helping children find homes like adoption(only people who have adopted /fostered)?

hi everyone! i really need help ! i want to work in helping orhpans find homes. like adoption or fostering. how would i go about that . I really would like to do this. im 18 and graduate this coming year help. asked teachers and they dont know!i live in the houston and galveston area

Looney Tunes
Rating
Hi Amanda,

I was a foster kid, so let me give you some ideas.

1) Social worker. These are usually the people that place the children into families, move children around from different homes, and generally keep tract of kids in the system. Most of them have a Bachelor's degree and work on their Masters Degree while working for Social Services or the Department of Family Services.

2) Child psychologist. These are people that help the children deal with the moving and the loss and all the feelings the children have about being in foster care or being adopted. They usually do various forms of play therapy when working with children. Most have a PhD but there are also Social Worker who do therapy with foster children.

3) GAL or Children's Attorney. These people are lawyers and work in Family Court. They represent the child and are responsible for seeing that all the legal issues regarding foster care or adoption are done through the courts. They are generally VERY nice people, but very busy.

That is all I can think of right now. It sounds like you really want to help children. Good luck with everything!

Kate
Rating
social work for sure!

Dream_Weaver
Rating
You may want to look into going to school for social work. You can work with children's services or other agencies like that.

kidmindi
Rating
Get a degree in Social work. The you can work with the foster care system and help kids who need homes.

collegegradsingle
Hello Amanda,

You are definetly going to want to do the Social Work track. Once you have a Bachelors in Social Work you should be able to work at your CPS in your area. I would definitely consider going on for your Masters which you would then be Advanced Standing as you will have a BA in SW. This would be great b/c with a Masters you will be able to do private adoptions and home studies as a part time job. You really need your masters to work in the Social Work field!

AdoptiveMama
Rating
I would start talking to your local DSS or CPS office or even talk with an adoption agency. Family to Family Adoptions Inc have great ladies that would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Their number is 1-800-385-6301 or you can find them at
fam2fam.org!

Good luck!

Lillie
Rating
Move to an impoverished country, open an orphanage and work towards helping children stay in their own countries.

Educate people, teach them parenting skills, help keep families intact and within their own cultures.

You'd be doing the greatest service.

mony sue
Start by contacting your social services. They will be able to help you get started and tell you all the steps. I think you are a wonderful blessing waiting to happen to a lot of lucky little kids. Thank You

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Adoption-i changed my mind,?
ok when my son was 5 monthes old i found myself homeless due to a handicap i had with my eye. i then decided to place him with a christian family in colorado that was 4 weeks ago. the adoption is far ...

Are those who are anti-adoption, pro-choice as well?
I'm just curious. I haven't been coming to this board often but it seems that a lot of people do not think adoption is so great. The anti-abortion crowd seem to chant 'adoption over ...

Question to people who have been adopted?
I have read a lot of "rants" in the adoption section about how adoption is wrong and stealing children from there family etc. etc. Obviously you were adopted because A. you were put up for ...

I am adoped how can i find my parents.?
Im 15 and i want to find my birth parents i looked at a bunch of different websites but they are for 18 years and older people. And i want to do this on my own i dont want my adoped parents help... I ...

What happened to the question asking what we think about adoption?
There was the poem in it about the adoptive mother telling her child he grew not under her heart but in it, I answered it and now it is gone. Since I am not all that familiar with this venue, can ...

Have any African Americans Had success adopting from China?
My husband and I were interested in adopting from China. Is there any information on African Americans adopting from China? I have heard that they do not like anyone of African descent, therefore ...

Which scenerio is in the best interest of a child who is:?
a) initially raised by natural parent/s, ill prepared to parent, and subsequently falls victim in and out of the Foster Care system due to abuse and/or neglect and eventually adopted.

or<...

Should i adopt or not?
i feel like adopting is the right thing to do because they are many children who need a good home and the world is already way overpopulated as is. but the man i am with hates that idea cause he ...

Okay, out of curiousity...?
Even after hearing or reading the book "The Girls Who Went Away", how many users honestly, truly believe that the Baby Scoop Era never happened?

I know there are many users here ...

How do you deal with the waiting part?
I was wondering how you deal with the waiting for the right birth mom to pick you.. What are the things that you can do to get your profile out there? What can help you to deal? I'm new at this ...

At 16 yrs old can a adopted child see his real mother against the adopted families wishes?
The adopted family keeps saying it is against the law in Va. Is this true?...

What is the best thing to say in a letter to a birth parent?
I was adopted when I was 2 months old. I have never met my birth family. However, a few years ago, I made a post online looking for my mom, and my cousin found me. He was looking for his aunt and ...

Are parents who choose private adoption for their child more likely to get their child back in a case of a ?
change of heart, versus an agency or foster adoption.
Additional Details
if done before finalization....

First Parents, How do you know you made the right decision?
. Do you know you made the right decision? How do you know?

Could you imagine this? please?
Imagine you have children, you get meningitis and are put on hefty medication, while in the hospital you acquire MRSA and become EVEN MORE sick, you lose 50 lbs. over a few months. You finally get ...

Can my husband adopt my child?
The biological father of my 4 month old daughter made it very clear before she was born he wanted nothing to do with her. since then i've gotten married and my husband is as much a part of my ...

Birth Father's rights in adoption?
We live in Texas. We are sending papers asking for our baby's birth father to terminate his rights. From what we know, he is jobless, pretty much homeless (lives with a bunch of family members), ...

For teenagers in foster care or have been in foster care..?
In a few years i really want to foster young people between the age of 13 -18, i was just wondering what would make it better for you to settle in to a new foster home and how you would like your new ...

First Moms: I have a question for you.?
I think I've found my first mom, but if it's her then that means I have a little brother around 7 months old. The thing is, I want to be in connection with her before her child is 4 and ...

How a fast adoption happens?
we want to adopt but there are long waiting times. what are the for and disadvantages of a fast adoption i have read about it but never heard of it,is this possible or not..we cant have one off our ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links