Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Im looking for my twin sister.................?
Find answers to your legal question.

Im looking for my twin sister.................?

I just found out i have a twin sister! Im excited and upset that my parents are just now telling me. She was adopted at birth because my family could only care for one child. I know her first name, and the hospital she was born at but thats about it. How could i go about looking for her? I cant hire a private detective or anything expensive like that but i really want to find her? any good websights i coudl go to?
Additional Details
Im pretty sure she will not be looking for me because she does not know she has a twin. So i dont think i will find her on any reunion sights.

jnkewa777
That's pretty weak for your family to give up a child because they say they couldn't afford her.

I grew up with a mom only, nine of us and poor. We all turned out OK. Some with college degrees, some retired from the military, all work and married law abiding citizens.

That's sad!!! Damn Damn Damn.

Your parents are weak as hell!!!!

Gigi
http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/default.htm

http://www.the-seeker.com/relative.htm

DevonChaos
Rating
There are many forums online where people who are searching post information. I would just put the little information that you know on one of those forums (but don't give out YOUR personal information) and see if anything happens. If you Google search for finding adoptees, or adoption reunions you might find a lot more of these forums.

I'm sorry that people here are being callous and joking around with you. I have twin children, and I know that they would be devistated if their twin wasn't in their life. Good luck to you!!

B'L'P
Rating
She might be on Family Reunited if she know's she's adopted!

peter g
go to the hospital that she was at and find out her last name and if possible any other info and then search her name on like yellowpages.com or some finder like that, yellowpages may only have her home phone number but then u could call her and figure out her adress.

Sweet&Sour
Rating
Facebook,Myspace,bebo.. good luck with finding her! x

Jen
Rating
Another thing to consider is the fact that her adoptive parents may have changed her name; just because the birth parents give a child a name doesn't mean the adoptive family has to keep it.

Halo Mom
You can try an add in the paper where the hospital was

Something like
Looking for twin sister
Birth date
Believe first name is
She may not know she is adopted or has a twin sister

You may get someone who knows her name and birth date to contact you

FlutterMeBy
If your underage it will be difficult to find her. Believe me, I've searched for my older sister since the age of 16 and the only thing I've found out was her name after she was adopted and even the phone numbers.

If your a minor I suggest looking in myspace, facebook and other social websites.

I like this website:
http://www.adoptionregistry.us/mojoClassified.cgi
its mainly for texas but i've seen others post from other states

I suggest google your state's and then put adoption after it

for example:

texas adoption records or texas adoption forums

the one i use they have "search angels" and they will usualy find out an address and a number if you can give info like name(first and last) birthdate and birthplace and state.

its free too.

famouswiththedead@rocketmail.com
I'd say -

Go to:

infoslash.net/findyourtwin

There's a face distinction feature, where you can send in a picture of yourself and it will associate your face with every picture recorded. Including yearbook pictures, etc.

♥bowchickawowow♥
Rating
yeah you could go looking for her:)
go to the authorities that would have found a new home with her. it might not work if your not an adult yet.
xx

rychusami
Rating
google, the more details you put in the better chance. There is always something on someone out there

John
Rating
http://www.peoplefinders.com/

Bob H
go to social security

Tyler T
Rating
google

Camilla B
Rating
look
think
kiss

purcellzx9r
i am your father

mibrahim03
Rating
she is dead.., ya i killed her a few weeks ago

brandy
whats her name i too am looking for my sister and the family that gave me up

Trish
I have the same issue. I too have a twin sister whom was put up for adoption at birth and have had no luck finding her. I hope you have more luck than I have.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Adoptive parents and birth mothers?
Could someone please explain to me how on gods earth, adoptees reunite with the birth mothers and just have a mother/child relationship with them? I am quite freaked out by that. I couldnt imagine it....

Telling your adoptive parents you have met bio family members?
I am almost 29 and adopted. Last year I met my father & my sister. I still have not told any of my adoptive family. My adoptive parents have always expressed a disinterest in me meeting them. I...

Information on birth parents wanting adopted child back?
Consider that a women decides to give her child up for adoption, goes through the adoption process with an adopted family, only wanting to keep her child after the child is born. The adopted family ...

Is there anyway to bypass all the red tape when it comes to adoption?
If a pregnant women asked a family to take her baby, would it be easier than going through the whole process, or would you still have to do all the steps?
Additional Details
I guess I ...

Do adopted children get free health care?

Why do Americans adopt children from foreign countries?
I am just curious. A friend and I were discussing this- he claimed there were plenty of children here that needed homes....

Is adoption the best way?
I'm just wondering. I'm not having a kid or anything. I'm just wanting to know is adopotion the best way if your having a child and your not totaly sure. etc.
I know there are ...

Can anyone tell me if 14 is too old to be adopted?
I am fourteen, is this too old to be adopted? Everyone says that it is too old. I want honest answers, please....

Do you ever wonder if the girls you are coercing to parent instead of adopt could end up doing this?
http://www.foxnews.com/s
Some women don't want to be parents. Why convince them to parent if they know themselves well enough to know they do not want to ...

Are you a better parent because of Y/A?
AP's and PAP's do you think the advice and stories you have read here have made you a better parent (or will make you a better parent)?

I leaned alot here. Much more than I have ...

Does anyone else take issue with idea of adoption as charity?
I hear this IRL as well, so it's not just in response to questions here. (Comments about how great we are for "taking in a child"). I do believe that some (unfortunately not all) PAPs/A...

Adoptive parents what are your views regarding you adopted child and their children?
I understand that you are the parents but would most adoptive parents want to force their 13 to 17 year old adoptive daughter to place her baby for adoption so it can have a 2 parent home?

Im a teen who might be pregnant looking for options if i am! Adoption?
Im really young and might be pregnant i am trying to figure out what im going to do if i am pregnant! Abortion is not a option for me. so im looking at keeping it and adoption. I dont know if i would ...

Can a state adoption be revoked or the children returned to birth mother after several yrs have gone by??
My children were taken from me in 2001,due to violence against me by their dad,but I am no longer with him and gotten back on my feet now,i miss them horribly after being promised an open adoption by ...

Why does it cost so much to adopt?
My husband and I have a 2.5 yr old and he's very well off. We live in a nice home and my husband has a nice job and I stay at home. Our home would be perfect for another child but after trying ...

Take a look... I dont understand how it is always better?
for the child to stay with the mother. I mean obviously she is unfit we know that now. but what about all those years she was doing this and it went unnoticed? I hear people on here say all the time &...

Question about adoption?
This is kind of a specific situation but ... if an unmarried couple gets pregnant and the mother wants to give the child up for adoption but the father is dead set against it - but the mother gives ...

Which one are you the adopted or the birth giver?
I am an adopted. Which one are you an adopted adult or teenager, or the birth giver? And have you reunited?
Additional Details
In my eyes it takes a lot more than having a baby to be ...

How weird was this comment??
I was talking to a colleague of mine from work about teenage pregnancy. I was sharing an incident regarding one of my best friends in highschool. It was like this.

My friend Lisa was 15 ...

Should we abolish foster care and instead do family care?
Where foster families take in a family and help them stay together by mentoring the parents instead of taking their children away from them?
Additional Details
http://familyrights.us/...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, August 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links