Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Looking to adopt, private open adoption?
Find answers to your legal question.

Looking to adopt, private open adoption?

i am a 24 year old and my girlfriend is 27, we are stable i have a 3br home am a teacher in a middle school and have a great and supportive family structure. i have had 2 rounds of ai where i did concieve but lost the baby both times. i have started to look into adoption and after much reaserch have come to the conclusion that i am willing to do a completley open private adoption. for those who dont know what this means it is a adoption without an agency where the birth mom/parents can visit and have a relationship with the baby. in a perfect situation id like to have a mom that would become an extended family type. but also am willing to do closed adoption or an adoption with once a year visits and pictures ect.. really im very open and willing to discuss different options. has anyone taken this route? how has it worked out? and if anyone is reading this and is pregnant and considering adoption email me. id love to answer questions and talk further.
Additional Details
i am NOT advertising. i am asking for more information about this kind of adoption, if anyone has done it and yes if any mothers happen to see this and are interested in me sure they can contact me and i see nothing wrong with that. i HAVE taken other contact routes but every bit helps and this being a private adoption its hard to find so whats wrong with letting people know im here? im not advertising and i DID ask a question.. but im also letting people know if they are pregant and interested in hearing more about me im here..

Rabbit
Rating
I am a pregnant woman who is actually working with an adoption agency. I couldn't be happier knowing that I get to give the gift of life to someone. The agency that I am working with is amazing, the do both open and open /private adoptions. They let the birth mother and the adoptive parents discuss the options and decide on which works for them.
I'm not sure where you are but the agency that I'm with in Tampa FL
is Adoption Miracles.
If you have any questions about my side of the process I'd be more than happy to answer them.

cantstopLinnyG
"....but im also letting people know if they are pregnant and interested in hearing more about me im here.."

Yes, you ARE advertising. You might have better luck coercing one of the vulnerable and pregnant middle school girls where you teach.

Oh, and you're not fooling anyone with the "Open adoption" scam. It's not legally enforceable in the US.

***ETA******
open adoption scam?
We all know open adoption is NOT legally enforceable, and it is a tool pap's and baby brokers use to coerce young women into surrendering their babies

and wow what kind of person says things like that about middle school kids?
Umm, people who know how adoption works...

i came on here looking for advice and information.. #1 it IS legal and im NOT looking for anything illegal.
It is not legal according to Y!A's tos. Read it.

im looking for a open adoption without the middle man which from my LAWYERS information is COMMON and not at all illegal.
Of course you are.

this place is VERY rude and judgemental.
One person's rude and judgemental is another person's truth and experience. If you cant take the heat, stay out of the nursery.

i came here looking for information, advice and maybee to meet some people and you people with nothing better to do LOVE to judge and assume.. you know what assume starts with right? take a hint.
Aaaaaand, that's EXACTLY what you are getting.Yes. Yes I do know what assume starts with. And I am ASSured in the knowledge my truth can give.

Not Adopted
Rating
There are thousands of children in foster care who need a permanent home.

tish_part deux
i'm happy you have a nice crib.
and i'm sorry you were unable to carry to term.

but this doesn't ordain you to ask for another's flesh and blood as a concession for your failed ART.

try foster care. their's LOTS of kids who need parents. but do it for the child, not to gain what you can't have.

Heather B
Rating
There are plenty of children already born who need homes, just contact social services. There are over 100,000 needing loving homes.

Adoption is about finding homes for needy children, not finding a child for needy adults.

The type of adoption you suggest is indeed illegal in most civilized nations. Free enterprise in the USA, however, allows babies to be a commodity - your 'lawyer's bread and butter. Being 'legal' doesn't make it morally or ethically correct.

DevonChaos
Rating
No one here owes you a baby. In fact, no one ANYWHERE owes you a baby. If you want one, go through conventional ways, otherwise you are going to put yourself at risk for being scammed.

If you try to go conventional routes, but you are turned down, perhaps it is better that you don't parent right now. You are still young enough to wait.

Open adoption? That isn't legally enforceable. I hope every first mother out there knows this.

Judgment? YOU are the one here laying it all out for us to see. We ARE going to judge you. YOU are asking for a child. We, as adoptees, first parents, and aparents have every right to let you know how we feel about your behavior. If you don't want to be judged, go somewhere else.

If you were truly serious about this, you wouldn't be asking here. You would go to a lawyer or someone else who had the exact knowledge that you seek. If you cannot figure that out, you are not mature enough to be ready to parent right now.

ETA: I looked in your history, AND YOU ARE trying to get girls to email you about their babies that might be put up for adoption. You are, in fact, trolling for babies here. This is a TOS violation. Your morals are askew!

Mom to Foster Children
Rating
Advertising for pregnant women to contact you on YA! NICE!

Edit - You're not advertising - what does this mean to you....

"and if anyone is reading this and is pregnant and considering adoption email me. id love to answer questions and talk further."

= advertising...um.........yep!

myst1998
Say what? Get lost! Soliciting for a baby online is sick and not the kind of people who would make good parents.

Anha S
Its wrong because this is not a forum to advertise your desire for a baby. This doesn't read like a question, it reads like a dear birthmother letter, which in and of itself is pretty indecent.

ETA open adoption isn't legally enforceable. It is often used as a carrot to dangle in front of a vulnerable pregnant woman, only, before the ink is even dry, she can end up with the door slammed in her face with no legal recourse.

debra p
Rating
look on Craig's list

Velez
Hello , lovely adoptive parents , this has come to the stage where my husband and I can't hold it anymore. We think this is the best decision we are taking . We have a son and a daughter , for the past time now, we have been trying to see if we can get along with both children but it is getting harder and harder everyday. Are we doing the right decision , we taught! yes we are because we can't continue to let the suffer in our hands . We are looking to give only the boy who is younger than the girl. We have come to know the girl more. Are you you looking to adopt? Please email us using velezs45@yahoo.com Thanks

adeline
i am a mother who will like to give my baby for adoption o.k so if you are till looking to have a child them i can help o.k thanks Adeline

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What the age to adopt a baby and how much does it cost and do you have to be married?

We have two birth children that was placed for adoption and our family knows about one but not the other child
How do we tell our families about the second child that we had that we have placed for adoption. We don't want it to be a secret, but the first adoption hurt them emotionally very badly. The ...

When people consistently report your ?'s, do you think they're trying to get your account suspended?
thereby silencing your viewpoint?...

How would you feel if you found out that you had a biological sister?
that your adoptive parents never told you about?...

What film did you treasure as an adopted child?
Growing up I had certain films that I LOVED as a child and still feel like a complete child when I watch them today. Films I loved which covered the topic of adoption were (of course) Annie:

Adoptees who have children?
How do your kids feel about adoption? How much do they know about your adoption?...

What is the best breed of cat to adopt?
-must be shorthaired
Additional Details
yes i want to adopt from a shelter i just want to maybe know what im looking for one that won't be hard to take care ...

Legally can cps adopt kids out?
can a mothers parental rights be terminated if she doesnt sign the papers for the ...

Why do people assume that middle class parents don't place children for adoption?

How can I get Angelina Jolie to adopt me?
Well I'm 45 years old and make $7.50 an hour. I'm tired of working. I would like Angelina Jolie to adopt me. I am poor too. Advice? Thanks....

Is open adoption a good thing?
do you think that birth parent in a open adoption is self fish. they want the fun of parenting but not the ...

How long is reasonable amount of time for reunification of foster children?
Older children in the foster care system have reported to have spent large portions of their childhood in care with multiple placements.

I ask then what reasonable time limits should be ...

Why all of the hate for adoptive parents?
I have noticed alot of hate on this forum for A parents.

I myself am adopted child and yes I went thru alot wondering about my birth family. I did search. I was reunited and it turned ...

Regarding biological fathers and adoption?
I just read a scathing question condemning women who do not get permission from the birth father when putting a baby up for adoption. I understand this to a point, but let's look at my ...

Each state is responsible for their foster children, am I understanding this right?
If this is correct, then do you think foster care is also responsible for providing college education for foster children that aged out of foster care?

Wouldn't there be a way at ...

Just curious??
Why aren't adoptive parents the ones searching for the first mothers to say thank you?

if someone gave me the one thing that i could never have more than anything else, wouldn't ...

Should the adoption process be made easier and quicker?
Should the state abolish regulations that make it less likely for children IN THIS COUNTRY who are in need of a stable home life from being adopted by married couples IN THIS COUNTRY at the earliest ...

Does a mother have all rights to the unborn baby in regards to adoption?
What I mean is, if the mother does not want the baby and wants to give the child up for adoption immediately after its born, does the father get any say so? Can the mother just give the baby up for ...

When you adopted, was it love at first sight?
I may have even asked this before, but curious. I think I have shared that for two of my children it was for sure, but for one it took loads of time and work on both our parts. It was not the ...

Ashamed of not "running in the family"?
has any adoptee had the experience of your parents biological child (your siblilng) becoming ill with a disease that runs in their family and your feel ashamed or guilty because it wasnt you?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links