Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

My child is being adopted out against my will. What can I do?
Find answers to your legal question.

My child is being adopted out against my will. What can I do?

melissa
Rating
get an attorney quick

Jerry M
Rating
See a lawyer, stay off drugs, get a job.

goo
Sober up and stay off chat boards.

amosunknown
Rating
If its being adopted out you've already been stripped of rights as a parent.

If its illegally by another person, then you need to get a lawyer.

tish
Rating
it all depends on the reason for the adoption. is it due to a court order for neglect or abuse? are you being told to give up your baby by your partner or parents? without knowing the details it's very difficult to give you advice on how best to proceed.

♥♥The Queen Has Spoken♥♥
Rating
If the court determines you are an unfit parent the court can terminate your parental rights and without your consent adopt your child out.

If you feel this was wrongly done then you need to get a lawyer and try to get an injunction to delay the adoption so that the court can re-evaluate the situation.

Good Luck

[§¶¢ΦMrs._JacobΦ¢¶§]
Rating
if this is the case, your doing something WRONG

john h
Rating
you did not say WHY. if your a bad mother (drugs, alcoholism, abuse, etc) , let the child go for his/her best interest, health, etc. adoption or state, welfare can't just go around taking childrens. there has to be some form of justifications. your not tell us why and we can't help you.

Mom to Foster Children
Rating
What do you mean - against your will? Was the child in foster care? Did you lose your parental rights? How can someone put your child up for adoption without these things happening...please elaborate more so that people can answer this question.

dizzy
Rating
get an attorney!!!!!!!!! AND FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris K
Get a lawyer and seek legal advice for further action you can take to prevent the adoption from taking place immediately!

?
Get legal advice imediately.

LuvBug
Rating
You need to get an attorney. But what are you doing that your child is getting adopted out against your will? What has happened that this should even come up? Maybe you don't deserve this child. You need to think long and hard about your possible actions and how you ended up in this situation in the first place. I hope everything works out for the poor child.

matty_mo1
Rating
Eat Funyuns.

Sharon F
Rating
seek an attorney who specialize in this matter and find out what your legal rights are

STEELERSFAN
Rating
What do you mean against your will? Did you sign away parental rights? or did youth services take the child away? Either way you probably need a lawyer.

Johnny Cool
Rating
get Chuck Norris quick

giggly nurse
Rating
I think you should seek legal advice as soon as possible, as far as I can tell what is happening to you is illegal.

Idontcit
Rating
not come on yahoo and waste time...get a lawyer if your serious

Glennda R
Rating
how? like why are they taking ur child? if it's for drugs or something try to stay clean. and get a lawer. now!

disturbed
comeon, you troll, no one can adopt your child without your consent!

eriverpipe
Rating
If this is being done through official channels, [probably very little you can do, I'm afraid. Adopting out children from their natural parent is only done as a very last resort, so with the best will in the world, you probably already had a number of chances to 'do' something about it and failed to.

Marie G
Rating
Petition. The lawyer for the agency or adoptive parents files a petition with the court,

Consent hearing

Best interest hearing. States vary as to what constitutes child's best interests. Generally, courts assess who can provide a more stable and permanent family relationship for the child.

This is the process - Prepare to fight with all your might

kris k
I agree get a lawyer..a good one

The Wife
get a lawyer as soon as possible

mommaknowsbest
If you have not consented to the adoption and as long as you have not signed any relinquishment papers for your parental rights you have a right to tell the agency or court that you have changed your mind and have decided to parent. There is no law or agency out there that can stop you from doing so. No child can be placed into an adoption without consent of the biological parents.

chieko
Rating
this obviously didn't happen overnight. if you haven't done anything by now, you may want to become resigned to your child being raised by someone else. and that may a good thing, depending on why your child was taken away in the first place.

Crucio
You didn’t provide any information on why your child is being placed for adoption Did the Courts terminated your rights? If they did then you probably wouldn’t have much luck. It would take a lot for courts to terminate a parents right even more the mother. They even will typical give the parent a chance to get their life on track and do things the courts request , that’s going into rehab etc.

todaysvicechocolate
Just wondering how old is the child? GL

Meg P
Rating
Get a lawyer and pray!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Changing a baby's name once adopted. Your opinions?
This question is purely to find out what people think about a baby's name being changed by the adoptive parents once the adoption is complete....

28 weeks pregnant and considering adoption...advice please!!?
im am 19 years old and 28 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child.i already have 2 other children which i cope with very well.
i have been with my partner for 3 and half years.we both have talke and ...

Ok I'm pregnant-- what next?
First off-- I don't need any answers like "you should have use protection" or "what about stds"--- already thought about that a thousand times. And I can't change the ...

Are you for or against adoption?
Are you for or against adoption? And why?...

Adoption? Or Abortion?
I'm super stuck, I know its morally wrong to kill an unborn child. BUT on the other hand I have NO TIME to deal with being pregnant!! I know this is super selfish, I need some honest and NICE ...

I placed my son for adoption 10 weeks ago, I've changed my mind, is there any way I can get him back?

Additional Details
a little more detail... I have other children from my previous marriage, my son was fathered by a man that is not a good person. I placed him so that he would have ...

My son's original mother contacted me this weekend...?
She wanted to know if I would be willing to bail her older son out of jail or at least give her something towards his bailI told her that I did not have any money to spare. I have a son in college ...

Why wont people adopt teens..................?{...
there are plenty that need homes and aren't badly behaved (at least not more than an average teen) and some dont even have a handicap

im one example but i just got adopted January 22...

Is this wrong of me?
I'm 19 years old. When I discovered I was pregnant I knew I wanted to give my baby up for adoption because I knew that I needed to get an education before I could raise a baby.

My ...

Should 13 and 14 year old kids have babies?
Is this really what we have come to? Give me a break....

Americans: Are you for or against people living in other countries adopting children from the USA? ?

Additional Details
I am all for it....

Can your mom at 17. make you get a abortion. Im scared?

I recently found out i was 30weeks pregnant and am concidering adoption any advice?
one of the main reason i am concidering this is that i was raped but i havent told any one about this and i dont wish to tell any one. my only concern is that i dont know what to tell the social ...

Why does everyone think this is so wierd?
okay well i am adopted..i was at about a month old. my birth mom was going to keep me..she did for 2 weeks..but then put me up for adoption because it was too hard.

anyway..people always ...

Is it better to have an abused child, or to abort the unwanted child?

Additional Details
Hey hey hey I'm not even a mother and I would never do either of these things! I'm doing a project to make a bill to make abortion illegal and this is one ...

I am 18 and pregnant .. considering adoption...please read details?
Im engaged to be married to someone I have been absolutely head over heals for and been with since we were frechman.. the problem is, we broke up at the beginning of the year last year and i got a ...

How can I return a child I adopted?
I recently adopted a child hoping for a great start. However, it turns out that the kid is not all he was meant to be by agency.

First of they told us he is fun and nice to be around, I ...

What would you say to a girl that is considering putting her child up for adoption?
She knows the pros and cons, and she realizes that she really doesn't want to take care of her child. What would you say to help her make the decision?
Additional Details
The baby ...

Would you adopt a child of another race?
would you do it as a last resort or are you willing to take the child right ...

Should I place my unborn baby up for adoption?
I am 5 months pregnant and don't know if I can afford to keep this baby boy. I have 4 other kids and 2 of them are 14 months old twins. One of the twins is disable and needs a lot of attention. ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links