Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

My husband and i have low income and are on food stamps, can we still adopt a child in tennessee?
Find answers to your legal question.

My husband and i have low income and are on food stamps, can we still adopt a child in tennessee?

i'm getting ready to go to school online and my husband has a job, we have a 4 year old, my son; his step son, we want another child and it seems that we are having trouble concieving now. I know we can support another baby( i know it'll be hard for now) but we are also on food stamps.. can we still adopt a baby in the state of tennessee?

Shannon
You might be able to do foster care instead if your home is big enough. The person who adopted my husband had food stamps for him and for the other children that were living there. I am unsure if they were adopted or fostered children, because she was 70+ when I met him. (The children were less than a year, 5, and 6. Two kids over 18 that were adopted and she had biological children older than that.) Anyway, some people seem to have forgotten that working people receive food stamps. Your best bet would be to check it out with an agency or through the local foster child system. (Oftentimes if the home proves to be stable enough and the foster child is not in temporary care through the foster system, they will allow adoption.)

megan c
Rating
How can you even think about bringing another child into your family with an income so low you need food stamps.Be realistic!

Heaven L
Rating
IF youre on food stamps you CANT afford another child. Work on becoming more financially stable instead of looking for a child to bring into your home to be miserably poor.

Riley
Rating
It doesn't sound like now is the right time for you to be thinking about adopting. If you have a low income and are on food stamps how can you afford to have another mouth to feed? Work on bettering your financial situation and then you can think about it down the road. Maybe you should also get a job in addition to going to school online. Good luck to you.

King Vista
Do you really think that another child, at this point, would be the smartest thing for you to do? You should wait for a while at least until you & your husband are financially stable, and can afford the cost of another child?
Also, I don't think that you are able to adopt if you cannot prove that you are financially able. Foods stamps don't count.

ede49
Rating
whether or not you should would be a better question. going to school, one child already, food stamps? sounds pretty selfish to me. i'd say at least wait until you are in a better position financially.

K
No, do not adopt. You do not have the money.

*loosie*
i dont think the goverment will let you adopt. you have to have a certain annual income. and when your on food stamps i dont think thats it.wait until your out of school and get a better job and a better income.

Sir Richard
Rating
Hear hear!

themomok
Sadly, I believe there are ways to achieve your goal of adopting another child. However, the concern that I think you should have is for your existing child. Raising a child below the poverty line increases their risk for substance abuse, not to mention their overuse of public assistance later in life.

Good luck in your on-line school endeavor!

ineedacookienow
Rating
Good for you guys working on things. The fact that you are having trouble conceiving may be a sign you are not meant to have other children right now and to focus on other aspects of your lives. Right now its just not in the cards. Maybe once you work on everything else it will just happen when it was meant to happen.

Hitman
Rating
You can't afford to food your family now, and you wanna bring another child into your family. Umm.. how on earth do you think your gonna be able to feed another person? No offence, but that seems like a really stupid idea. Why don't you focus on getting food for yourselves first?

momma20102011
I think you and your husband she do what your hearts tell you to do.good luck i wish you the best go for it thats what we are here for is to produce and bare children if you want another child do it and yes you can get food stamps for any child under 18 even if they are adopted i will pray for your famliy the best i knoe god will be there forvyou and your famliy

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

In the state of massachusetts what are the steps you have to take to work in an adoption agency?

More Questions....How do I tell him?
Hi. My foster/adoptive child's TPR case was up for review today. I went and met some members of his bio family and his half-brother's family....all caucasian. My adoptive child is bi-racial....

Need advice, im adopted,met my dad ten yrs ago, have 5 half siblings living 5miles from me who now nothing of?
my existing, he wants no contact with me or them, shd i tell them who i am? Living with this secret ten yrs.......

Adopted in Dallas,Tx in 1989 .. how can i find my birth parents ?
im 19 and looking for my birth parents .. it was a closed adoption but my papers said that i could request to contact them when i was of age but the adoption agency has sice closed or moved .. what ...

Adoption! please help!?
Ok so what happens if your 15 years old and your from Uk and you go on a holiday to canada and the family that your staying with really likes you and treads you like their own and plus they know your ...

How do i adopt my 8 yr old son?
I met my wife when my son was 2 his dad has never been in the picture and has never paid any child support. We have recently got married and i want to adopt my son , can some one help please. i live ...

What forms are needed for an adult adoption in Shepherdsville,KY?

Why is adopting expensive?
i always here how its so hard to adopt and how its so expensive if so many kids need homes why is it so hard for couples to adopt i just dont get ...

How much does it cost to adopt?
overseas and here in america? i just found out my husband and i cant have children i was wondering how much adoption costs....

Foster Care Adoption in Michigan?
I have a 6 month old, parental rights were terminated. How long does it take to adopt once this has taken place. She has been referred to the adoption worker, I haven't heard from them yet. Also,...

Hidden camera?
has anyone seen a hidden video of what goes on in an adoption agency from the perspective of the expectant mother?

A link would be great. I've tried to earch, but just find "dear ...

First/"birth"parent suicide statistics?
Does anyone know where I can find statistics on how many First Parents have commited suicide as a result of having placed their child?

I had a friend who committed suicide a few years ago ...

Infant adoption?
Has anyone adopted a newborn with Down Syndrome? Our caseworker has asked what we are open too.

My hubbysaid yes right away. He has an uncle who has Down Syndrome so he understands what ...

So was i adopted?
"""Where a widow or an unmarried woman adopts a child, any husband whom she marries subsequently shall be deemed to be the step father of the adoptive child.""".............

Help! How would I locate scottish orphanages?!?
I am unable to concieve and due to genetics will miscarry any child I may miraculously concieve. My husband and I are very interested in adoption, have the financial means to do so, and have thought ...

Adoption: want to find parents?
hey guys
im from the west of ireland and my mother was adopted when she was a baby in cork back in 1959. For many years now she always had wondered who her biological parents were and i want to ...

Child living in filth...how do I approach the dad b4 contacting child services?
I am babysitting this summer a special needs boy. After 4 years of foster care w/his dad, he was adopted by this guy (a bachelor). I like the kid for the most part, though he has extreme behavioral ...

Question on husband adopting my daughter?
ok here is the deal. I am married to my husband. Yay we are so happy, however when I was 16 i got pregnant by my ex boyfriend who I was with for 5 yrs before we had a child. Either way I got pregnant ...

Is it possible to be adopted as a minor if...?
you still have parents? I live in NC, if that helps. I live with my birth parents and would like to be legally adopted by someone else, but they will not agree? Is this at all possible, or am I ...

Are there any adoption agencies that will cater to a single successful man who wants to adopt a child?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links