Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Tring to search for my birth parents?
Find answers to your legal question.

Tring to search for my birth parents?

so i was born in north carolina and i'm tring to find out a good web site or how i would go about tring to find my birth parents. tried a few different web sites and they want alot of money. i'm looking for any ideas of where to look that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. and some where i can find answers. any ideas would be great
Additional Details
i got taken away by social services due to abuse from my father. my mother tried to fight for me and my brother but had no luck. she divorced my father after all this happened. i no there r no excuses but would still like to no where i came from.

Theresa
Please don't listen to people trying to talk you out of searching. It's your history and you are entitled to know it.

Best of luck to you in your search.

First off, if you haven't done so already, you should register at ISSR in the chance anyone is searching for you. You can find the ISRR website FAQs at

http://www.isrr.net/faq.shtml

Also, you can register here as it is a pretty popular site.

http://registry.adoption.com/

You'll also want to petition the court where your adoption took place. The main page of Adoption Reform NC has info on petitioning the court and filing waivers:

http://adoptionreform-nc.org/

Good luck!

kateiskate
Rating
If you know their names, I'd try myspace and facebook. And also classmates.com.

Doesn't hurt to look there too.

April 29, 2009 ( twins)grl&boy
Rating
Hun I know this is going to sound harsh but this happened to me. I was left on someones doorstep when I wasn't even a month old, they left a note and said they didn't want me anymore and I was to much trouble. I tried to look for them and in the end its not worth it if they didn't want you from birth there not going to want you now! Im sorry but that's how it is in most places.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What are the main conditions for adoption?
i am adoption in new york but i am a single parent does this matter ?...

About a child that was put up for adoption?
Most of you know my son's story. If not his child was put up for adoption with out his consent. In court they could not find him unfit. He is still fighting for his son. The couple couldn't ...

What was your adoption reunion like?
adopties please share what your adoption reunion was like?
happy? sad? etc.

I am really sad. help me!?
so i am a teenager and right now i cannot stop thinking about my bmom. i dont know what to do. i think of asking my amom to meet her, but i get scared. i get more and more sad everyday. i feel like ...

How do you feel about open adoptions within extended families?
for example, what are some opinions about a cousin or aunt adopting the child or children from a teenage relative? it would definitely be an open adoption, but unlike other open adoptions the birth ...

I gave my baby up for adoption 6 1/2 months ago..?
and I feel more depressed every day. I love him so much. I feel he will have a better life with his adoptive family than I could provide for him. I want him to have a father. I am 24, have a job and ...

Considering infant adoption, but would like to talk with birth mother!?
Been ttc sing Aug 2005, finally starting to pursue adoption. First, I need advice on which agency is best to go with, and second, I would much prefer to get to know the birth mother before the ...

I have a question about a foreign exchange student and adoption?
ok so this year our school had an exchange student from south korea...its now getting near the end of the school year and he is going back to korea for the summer but wants to come back next year and ...

Will this fire up the surrogacy trend?
What do you think about this?
Additional Details
http://omg.yahoo.com/new...

Adopting whilst training to be a Nurse in the UK?
would it be okay to start adoption proceedings whilst studying? I plan to take a break when the adoption is finalised....

Adoption: Does it matter if the child is a different race from the adoptive parents?

Adoption: Should adoption be allowed by women who have given a child away for adoption?

What is the best age to become an adoptive parent?
Apparently the average age is 37-40, but is this because of infertility and years of IVF failing or because they just want to adopt at this age? What is wrong with a fertile person adopting at age 25?...

Please help me find an adoption agency for my ants kids who died of aids specify for me how reach them?

Shouldn't someone tell her we want to adopt her? Isn't it her right to know we are here?
We have decided that we would like to adopt an older teen who is "aging" out of foster care. In the area we live in, there is not really an option to go to the classes. I have come across ...

Natural Mothers in reunion...?
How did the APs of your adult adoptee react toward your reunion?...

What steps does a single woman have to go through in adopting a baby?
Is it a difficult process and would a single woman be eligible?...

Paternity testing in the 70's?
I recently recieved a call from someone who believes he is my sibling.
I saw photos of him and he looks identical to my father.

now the story goes he( my father ) took the woman to ...

Did "nature" create infertile women to care for the children that are abandoned by their natural mothers?

Additional Details
Afterall, all children deserve a mother....

What do you (as people who can't have children) think of this question that an expectant mother asked?
http://answers.yahoo.com
I am just beyond disgusted at this person, am I overreacting?
Additional D...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links