Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

Trying to find a relative given up for adoption?
Find answers to your legal question.

Trying to find a relative given up for adoption?

I just recently found out that my grandma had given up a son around 1941. I found a website that my sister had posted info to in hopes of finding him but had no luck. Does anyone know of any websites that would do better at finding him or more info about him so we can locate him.
Additional Details
My grandma is still alive but has little info to offer. She spent her pregnant months in the Florence Crittenton Home in Sioux City Iowa. As for the year it could have been 1940, 1941, or 1942. This son was in between 2 kids so we have the years narrowed down to that. We don't have the fathers name or a birth name for her son. That is why it is so difficult in finding him or info on hin for that matter.

PhilM
Rating
http://www.isrr.net

That's your first stop. The more information you can find out about birthdate, birthplace, etc. the better your chances. There are many other resources (depending on your state and the state where the adoption took place). Find out everything you can about this child. That will help your search immensely.

Good luck.

anastasia beaverhausen-the real1
Rating
what phil said (issr). also, depending on the state, you can hook up with those searches, and in 6 states there are open records. is your grandmother still alive?

La Vie Boheme
There are many websites. Some reunion registries are mail in only and the one that she must register with is ISRR.

Google "reunion registries" and register with all national ones as well as state specific registries (state where he was born)

Jay L
Rating
don't do it. He is over 65 and he may not want any contact. If you do contact him, he may feel like his privasy has been invaded. He has his own family and he is not looking for you or he would have found you by now.

Why in the world do you want to do this? You don't have the right to do it.

Schitzo
Would your family surname happen to be Carpenter.?. My grandfather was born July 1, 1941 or 1942 in Iowa, I do so believe, I could be mistaken. But he was also given up for adoption. It seemed to fit, so I thought I should mention something. Write me at potpal.annaerb@gmail.com if you'd like to compare notes. & it matters to me, personally, Jay. To figure out where my grandfather came from. Being he was adopted, my surname isn't mine by blood or any other means. I would like to find out where I really came from, as I'm sure the poster would like to know where his family went.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If a first mom wants child back after the revocation period is up and papers have been signed...?
would you consider returning the child. Just to clarify, I am not referring to an illegal or unethical adoption, but rather a mom who regrets her decision.

And if you do return the child, ...

Are there any AA/ Interracial couples adopting asian children?
I'm interested in adoption, and I was wondering if there were any AA or Interracial couples out there adopting Asian children. we are looking into domestic and international, but I want to know ...

Mom Wants to Adopt?
My mom's boyfriend has a daughter in El Salvador. Recently, he found out that his parents (the girl's grandparents) have been physically abusing her, like beating her and stuff. Anyway, the ...

As a PAP adopting through foster care, what are my rights...?
...as far as having contact with biological family of our children? If the caseworker decides that the bio family would not be safe for our kids, would I still have the choice to make contact with ...

Adoption....?
How old to you legally have to be to adopt? My fiance just turned 20 two days ago and I will be 20 next month. We have a little girl that is 1 yrs. old. We would like to have more kids of our own, ...

What are the steps that needs to be taken when adopting a child?
Is the process very rigorous? What are the disqualifying factors? Are the rules different in various States? Anyone from ND care to share? Thanks.
Additional Details
I am not trying ...

What are current practices in USA and Canada (or wherever else) on notifying first/bio families?
Ran out of room. What I am asking is if there are standard agency/government agency practices around notification if an adopted child dies. Does someone tell the first family? I am not just ...

How can I find my mom?
I was adopted as a baby my parents will give me any information about my mother I am now an adult if I go to the court house would they give me a copy of the adoption papers?
Additional Details<...

Adoption cost private vs foster?? opinions?
if the price for adopting a child from foster care vs a private agency was the same..would most foster parents still do foster care?...

What was the name of the child involved in the adoption case in the early 2000's?
I know her first name was Suzie. She was put up for adoption at birth by her mother who was an alcoholic. When she was four, her mom wanted her back because she was sober for a year and had a ...

Where would I start in order to find a child that was given up for adoption in Texas?
My Mother gave a child up for adoption in Dallas, Texas many years ago..the child would be around 10-15 years of age now. I would like to find my brother. Can someone help me as to what a good ...

Can you adopt If you are claiming benefits?
Please don't flame me as I'm asking this for a friend.

Ok, my partners friend is currently claiming incapacity benefit and income support for his wife. (He's just had a ...

Ok sooooo the mother asked us to adopt. They cannot see their kids until the kids are 18...?
Look at my last few questions to know what Im talking about. Its a lot to re type.

Now we contact their caseworker? Its hard working with these parents because they are little slow ...

Guatemalan adoption- what do you think of this?
The government of Guatemala recently enacted a series of new laws intended to curb corruption within the country's $100 million adoption industry. Guatemala is one of the world's top "...

I want to get my family an adoption keepsake...?
any ideas? I am the new mama and I would like to get my family something for supporting me throughout this whole time.
Additional Details
more info...My daughter is actually now 5...she ...

Vyshny Volochek Russia Baby House?
does anyone have any pictures?!
please i need them!
its an ...

Why do you suppose we get thumbed down when all we do is answer with our person truths as adoptees?

Additional Details
lady, why did you float over the actual question? i didn't ask you about being an orphan or being abused....

Regarding pre-birth matching for adoption?
I was under the impression that pre-birth matching put the power in the hands of the pregnant woman, allowing her to choose the adoptive family based upon whatever criteria she decides is best to ...

I want to adopt a child from the philippines, i am an italian, what is the best way?
is there anything to be process here in italy for the adoption papers? i am single but i lived with my ...

Stepparent adoption?
My 13 year old son and his mother want me to allow her new husband to adopt him. Initially, I was oppossed to the idea, but after continued badgering on this issue, I think it maybe best. I live ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links