Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

What is the "easiest" country to adopt from?
Find answers to your legal question.

What is the "easiest" country to adopt from?

As far as the shortest wait, least red tape, and least expensive?

M L
Rating
I am afraid there is no easy answer. China takes anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 years now since they just changed the rules in May. USA can be a long wait especially if you do not use an agency. Human resources can take a very long time to finalize and until an adoption is finalized, anything can happen. It is kinda depressing. We were fortunate adopting our daughter from the USA, but we have been wanting another child, and it has been hard to happen internationally or domestically. We are looking into Taiwan right now. Seems shorter, but we still have not heard the potential final costs.

Look for adoption support groups where you are located. We are in one, and it helps a lot to be around others who are going through the same thing, and you can ask questions like this one in the group and get an answer since others have been through it. Good luck! We are still hoping, but it is a confusing time right now.

Angela R
There's not really one country that's the "easiest". Each country has their own requirements which you may or may not meet, and wait times can vary by agency too. We've adopted from Korea twice. The process was very smooth, the fees are on the lower end, and for us the wait was only a few months, but for others who adopted from there it's taken up to 2 years, so it can vary.

I have heard though from several families that Russia and the Ukraine are more expensive, and there can be a lot of red tape involved. I would suggest joining an adoption forum such as the one at adoption.com, and asking other adoptive families about there experience with specific countries and agencies.

greensock
Adopting a waiting child out of foster care is fast and free!

Kayla
I would adopt a child in foster care they need a loving family and too many new families want babies....the wait would not be that long either..

Penny P
Rating
I just went to a meeting about this very topic. You can adopt older children in the US that are already in the foster system for free, relatively quickly (like a year). Domestic adoptions depending on the agency can be anywhere from 1-3 years wait and anywhere from $12,000 to $22,000 or more! International is more expensive because you are responsible for travel expenses, but can be quicker. To adopt a child from Phillipines 18 mo wait and about $22,000. I'm afraid none of the options seem easy. You should check out Lutheran Social Services.

AdoptiveMama
Rating
Honestly, adoption is never easy, inexpensive, or short!

But, if I were to pick a country...the good 'ol USA would be the one that I would say is for you!

Osmei
If you want any child...Foster Care in the US...the kids are older (than 10yrs) and have no hope 'cause they've seen their younger cuter counterparts find families. If you just want to help a child...this is the way to go.

Especially since some (not all) foster families are DISGUSTING PERVERTS who are just USING THE CHILDREN FOR THE GOVERNMENT check every month...and other things that land on 20/20 or Dateline. You could save a child here...honestly.

If you're looking for the newest popular accessory...being the child from random impoverished country...do the world a favor and grow up a bit.

*cheers*

Brittybabe :]
you will have to do some research of your own,
but i believe china takes only 6/7 months if you fill out your paperwork FAST,
and i believe that the USA can get you a child in 4/5 months.

it's all about the proccess. Doesn't the child deserve to know that someone cared long enough to wait for them?! They've never had that. That... feeling of love!

Don't take the easy path out of this, find a child that really wants & needs you! good luck!

Tsunami
i am no expert but i would think the U.S.

midnitrondavu
USA

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How can I adopt a child in a wheelchiar?
I was really would like to adopt a little boy or girl in a wheelchair or who has a physical disability. how would I do this?? Where??...

I've been asking my mum to adopt a child but...?
She said that now her kids have grown up (I'm 24, the oldest) she just wants to take it easy. But she said I should consider adoption after 25. Only problem here is... I don't intend to get ...

I am 17 and i am trying to find my birth mother i need help ;)?
i know her real first and last name and a married name i know she was living in colorado in several different places..i pretty much know the age range i am looking up more information about her in my ...

Adoption ?
Has anyone here ever adopted a child?
If so, I have a few questions, if that OK

Did you adopt because you were unable to have children or just because you wanted to help disadvantaged ...

Family Adopting Family?
I'm a teen pregnant for the second time. i choose to keep my first baby with no hesitations. this time around i considered many options. i was adopted myself and it was not a happy life for me. ...

Relative adoption?
My sister in law is pregnant, but she is only 16 years old and knows that she more than likely can not raise the baby. Me and my husband have offered to adopt the baby so that it can stay in the ...

For adoptive parents, are you comfortable talking to your child?
about any and all aspects of their adoption? If you are, what factors in to that? If you aren't, what do you think the reasons are? If you are somewhere in between, what do you think would ...

Question to the adoptive parents:?
Do you worry about adopting a child with fetal alcohol syndrome, or other drug and alcohol related problems?
If it was possible, would you be more willing to adopt a newborn infant, than an ...

Can you adopt a child that is already adopted?
My husband's cousins are being raised by his parents, and things are not working out. Between both of their health and the little girls behavior it is not a good situation. My husband and I have ...

Fear of adopting a foster child?
i do not have any kids. i am single and i wish to remain that way (lifestyle choice, i just don't fancy a mate) i have always wanted to be a mom.i thought that foster care would be a great idea, ...

Do you think there's an age where a parent is too OLD to place their baby for adoption?
I know some people think that young teens are too young to raise their children, and suggest adoption, but when you hear about a woman in her 30's or 40's planning on placing her child, ...

10 POINTS FOR BEST ANSWER! Questions I can ask for an interview related to Adoption?
I need some questions I can ask an expert on the topic of adoption. I would really appreciate some good ones! An example would be: How does the child feel when they are being adopted into a new ...

What do you think about Slumdog Millionaire child star Rubina Ali being attempted to put up for adoption?
by her father?

Here's the summary of the news:
Rafiq Qureshi,the father of Rubina Ali,who played the young Latika in Slumdog Millionaire,told reporters posing as a wealthy Dubai ...

Setting up a charity / trust fund for women who choose to parent?
After answering another question an idea blossomed in my mind.

How could I go about setting up a charity devoted to assisting women in parenting should they feel forced towards adoption ...

I gave my child up for adoption 20 years ago in Alabama, what can I do to try and find her?
When I was 17 my daughter was placed for adoption through an adoption agency, and they do not assist the birth mother with locating the child. I signed an agreement at the time of the adoption that ...

Can you gain money from adopting a child?
I want to know if you are trying to adopt a child in Colorado, can you, or do you benefit financially?

(A child over the age of 12)...

Child adoption - help?
I would like to adopt a new born child since I am not married/in a relation.
But I want to have a child.
Do you have some advice / tips for me regarding my wish?
Thank you!
A...

What are some ways to make international adoption affordable?
A good friend of mine really wants to adopt a baby girl from China. Both her and her husband are teachers. They own a nice home, have been married for ten years, and would make wonderful parents. A...

Some help on adoption?
does anyone know the qualification for ...

How old do you have to be to adopt or foster?
iam looking to foster and adopt kids....iam 19yrs old and my future husband is 27yrs old....i stay at home and my husband has a good job he makes around 60ks a year we live in a nice apartment and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links