Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Child Adoption

When someone puts a baby up for adoption, are they monetarily compensated?
Find answers to your legal question.

When someone puts a baby up for adoption, are they monetarily compensated?

Does the person have to pay the agentcy? Both?

Heather B
Rating
To monetarily compensate someone who puts a baby up for adoption would be considered baby selling (although it happens all the time on the hush hush in an attempt to secure relinquishment and ensure the mother doesn't change her mind).

Only the various adoption 'facilitators' get monetarily compensated. This is still baby selling but somehow it's legal. Go figure.

snowwillow20
You don't get any money, welfare will pay your medical expences. You don't pay the agency. They take your baby.

m'smama
Rating
Sometimes they are assisted with housing, clothing, food, etc. while they are pregnant, and for a period of time afterward while they recover. Medicaid sometimes covers the medical expenses.

grimm
why do people keep asking this? u cant sell ur baby. some couples will pay medical expenses, but no one will (legally) buy ur baby. and anyone that would has no business with a baby. dont get pregnant and think its time for the money to start flowing in. thats not how it works.

Renee
If there are any expences that deal with the pregnancy that came out of your or your caregiver's pocket up to 10 weeks before and 6 weeks after birth you should be compensated by the family who you chose to adopt your newborn. The money goes through attorneys or through the adoption agency the couple paid for. In tennessee it also covers maternity clothes

louis
Rating
The people who are adopting pay threw the nose. I know!
We paid medical bills and lawyer fees and she didn't get anything, but they can. some people will pay them up to 10K for a baby they call it something else or buy them a new car.
Saying it was just a birthday present.
This young girl we knew got pregnant and was really to young to raise the baby, she went to several couples looking for the best deal. With her parents help, because she was only 16.
she ended up with 10,000 set aside for her college fund.
The next time she timed it to get pregnant at Christmas time, so it would be born in the summer, not missing any school.
This time the adopting couple bought her a new car.
which is actually illegal but it happens.

chelsea s
I don't know what the actual statistics are, but I do not think that women are payed to place their children for adoption all the time. That is completely illegal and prospective adoptive parents, birth parents, lawyers, and agencies all know it. It is also illegal to call a gift or money a "birthday present." Any gift or money given to the birth mother is required to be reported in court at the adoption hearing. No profit is allowed whatsoever for the birth mother. I think there are just way too many people trying to vilify adoption on this website. Also, a lot of people get adoption and surrogacy mixed up.

Once again, maybe that happened 10, 20, 50 years ago, but not these days.

The specific breakdown of costs depends on the state you live in and how the adoption is facilitated.

Standardly, adoptive parents pay for
Counseling costs
Any necessary living expenses that birth mom was unable to afford because of the pregnancy such as rent, food, and phone and utility bills.
Any costs associated with the pregnancy, such as maternity clothing.
Any medical expenses for the adopted child
Any medical expenses for the birth mother not covered by some type of insurance. But if the birth mother does not have insurance, they are only required to "help" with the expenses. Whatever that means.

MACprincess♥
Why would u get money for giving your baby away..what would u need money for after that?The person who takes care of your child will get money.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How to adopt from another country?
My husband and I had been talking about adopting a child from an Asian country one day (probably in 4 or 5 years). We were wondering though, what's involved in it? Is it harder to adopt overseas ...

If the FLDS children were put up for adoption, what are the consequences that might happen?
and if they were brought back to their parents, what are the consequences that might happen?...

Are people allowed to adopt children with Aids?
I was just reading this story:

http://www.firstcoastnew
and in it a couple is quoted for saying:

Jennifer ...

Do you believe that we are the adopted sons and daughters of God the Father?
I'm Catholic and I was at mass today. The pastor was giving a homily and for some reason this statement struck me big time. Regardless of your religion or non-religion he stated that Jesus C...

We are indians working in abu dhabi, UAE would like to adopt a child from foreign national. How to contact???
We are dying for adopting a child...pls help us......

Can I charge someone money to adopt my baby?
if not, then why is it ok for an adoption agency to charge people to adopt a kid? Shouldn't I be making the profit on it, since it's my child I'm giving up??

this is a ...

Anyone know how to get a foster child in NC? Or adopt? also, how old do you have to be to foster??

Mothers who PUT their child up for ADOPTION! would you be curious to where that child is today!?
my birth mother was 17 when she had me and gave me up for adoption.....i was just curious if she would be curious to find me at all?? or what i was up to!?

cuz i want to find her......jus ...

Partner want to adopt my child?
I'm in Australia. I have a 4 yr old son whom I have full custody of. I left his father when I was 4 months pregnant due to family violence. I wanted to give my baby the best I could provide. I ...

Adults with RAD?
Do you think that adult adoptees who have RAD are likely to be "reactive" to adoptive parents in general because they feel they represent their own adoptive parents? Maybe even without ...

Adoption question?
my best friend gave a child up for adoption in NC in 1981, she was only 14 and her parents made her give him up for adoption, she has a terminal heart condition and would like to try to find him, ...

How do i go about finding my daughters real father so that my fiance can adopt her later on? What if i can't?

Additional Details
also i have not heard from him in about 4 years get no child support or anything..i have no idea where to begin on looking for him..ive never met his family and i ...

International Adoption- Do you have to have an agency, or can you do everything yourself?
Can you file all paperwork, etc. yourself or do you HAVE to go with an agency to adopt internationally. Specifically Kazakhstan....

Where can I find information about adopting an infant or toddler through the foster care system in texas?
Where can I find information about adopting an infant or toddler through the foster care system in texas? I would appreciate any help I can get....

Adding adopted child to family health insurance?
We are very close to finalizing adoption for a special needs child. He is currently on medicaid and will continue to receive that coverage. It is expected we will use that as a back-up to our own ...

Foster care adoption basics?
My husband and I are planning to adopt through the foster care system. We are a military family currently in Washington state, but he is a texan and I am a north dakotan. Do we have to adopt from W...

How much does Russian adoption cost?
I have 1 biological child but am thinking about adopting my next child. Anyone adopted baby from Russia? How much does it cost?
Additional Details
We're too broke right now to adopt ...

St. Louis, MO Adoption/Foster Care System?
Could anyone enlighten me on the adoption or foster care system there? What was your experience if U have fostered or adopted a child from the state of St. Louis, MO?

Thanks!!! :---)...

Family = blood?
My family does not support my choice to give my daughter up for adoption, they have told me many times that they think it was a very selfish choice and that the family will cut me out of their lives ...

Required for adoption?
My fiance and I would like to have a destination wedding. However, the country is requiring that my passport and birth certificate match EXACTLY or, that I provide proof of last name change (it was ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links