Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

Do i have to notify passport office if i change my address?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do i have to notify passport office if i change my address?

* * Princess * *
No! Can you imagine if everybody had to inform the passport office of a change of address in every 10 year period? They'd never have time to make new passports. Just make sure the emergency contact details on the inside cover are up to date in case it gets lost. Your travel company will always be aware of your current address so the passport office have no need for it, other than when you need a new passport (which you would, of course, fill in a form for)

CLIVE H
Rating
If your address is printed inside your UK passport, then yes. Same rule applies to drivers license.

Spotter 888
Rating
No. You do not need to inform them of a change of address as passports are valid for 10 years. It is natural for a citizen to change addresses during that period of time.

Just make sure that people to contact in emergencies are updated. There is also a portion to put your current address in pencil.**

jackson
You sure don't.

roundater
Rating
not for us passports - address data is not in them.

DollyLama
No, that is why inside your passport, they ask you to fill out in pencil, your address, and persons to notify, since its good for 10 years, and most likely will change a few times.

top cat
Rating
no sure you dont. If you do I am in big trouble as I have moved about 15 times since I got my passport :-)

rey m
yes, you are supposed to. if you don't just remember what state you lived in when you got it. they customs officers will ask you little trick questions like "and where are you going today" if you say "home" they will say "and where is that?" LOL....i got caught on this one.

Coasty
Rating
No you only need to update your address in your passport in pencil. The address is supposed to be in pencil so it can be changed.

nicemanvery
No !!

dazza
not sure if u do or wat happens if some1 steals ur passport and u apply for a replacement they will have old address and u will need to suppy and have proof of new one

christine t
yes

taylor_241
Rating
I would think you would have to. YOu always have to let everyone know your new address.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Does Santa have diplomatic immunity?

Would broccoli make a good wepon?
well would it........i need a wepon to defend the vegie ...

Why is it you wait for ages for a hostage & then half a dozen turn up at the same time?

Is Alexander the Great an appropriate name for the airport in Skopje, Macedonia?

Is it dangerous to travel to thailand or vietnam my friend is visiting now and she told me as a girl her?
brother was murdered by the police over their for being a refugee?is it really that dangerous over seas exspeacially for americans? are they like walking targets ?or its ok to travel like that in ...

Would Paris Hilton make a good USA Ambassador? Why or Why not?

Additional Details
Shirley Temple - Black was a very famous movie star and eventually became a U. S. Ambassador. Correct me if I'm wrong. So maybe Paris would like to do the same ...

How much compensation will Serbia have to pay for burning down the US embassy?
The burning down of the embassy was unanaminously condemned by the UN security council
http://www.reuters.com/a
Serbs have also caused damage to The B...

Someone traveled to africa and lost money and cant fly back.I dont have enought money to sent to her.what can?
My friend flew to (Nigeria) africa to do some business,she lost money and i dont have enought money to buy her ticket home.she is still there and im senting some money to stay at a hotel.if i dont,...

Why Whitemen makes it so hard for African men to travel to Abroad when it so easy for them to come to Africa?

I have recieved job contract from TOTAL NIGERIA located in Lagos Nigeria, is this company existing.?

Y do we have 2 keep buying new passports?y not just renew them ,without havin 2 pay?

Will Iraq be riped apart to suet the USA?

Who is the frist prieme minister of india?

WTF?! Why Is the Pope Apologizing?
Why is the pope apologizing for what he said? Everything he said is true. The Islam religion is NOT a peaceful religion, it is based on violence in the name of Allah. Anyone who says the true muslims ...

Has anyone got the telephone number of the American Embassy in London please?
got through on mobile but cannot seem to on landline!
Same thing happened when going through Directory Enquiries!
Number not recognised!
This enquiry is for overseas study in US and ...

If you had a choice between living in USA or West Europe(Germany,France, and etc)?
where would you live and why?...

Which passport is value in this World, British Passport or US Passport ??
please tell me which nationality value and demanded BRITISH PASSPORT OR U.S. PASSPORT ???...

What would you do if you were in the Presidents place?
If you were in our presidents place? I'm sure we all have ouir disagreements so what would you do?...

How can a US citizen (while in another country) enter a US Embassy or Consulate?

Why dont we make Afganistan and Iraq the next U.S. states we conqured them we own them?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, December 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links