Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

How do I obtain my passport number if I cannot find my passport?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do I obtain my passport number if I cannot find my passport?


no passport no travel,no number! you will have to get a new one !!

I doubt the clerk of the court will have your passport number since they DO NOT process passport applications...the US State Department process ALL US passport application.

According to the the US State Department website you can request a search for your passport record which is free...but there is a $60 search fee. I fail to see how this is free.

If you can't locate your passport they will not issue another one just by providing a request with your number listed. You will need to notify the State Department that it is lost or stolen and they will cancel that one. You will need to complete Form DS-64 to report the loss.
Then complete Form DS-11 to request a replacement. On question 18 it asks you to fill in your Passport number IF KNOWN. Perhaps you can save the $60 search fee and let the State Department pull your records and fill in your number.

I have no idea which way would be quicker.

You can review all this information and download the forms at www.travel.state.gov and select passport at the top of the page.

Oh...the replacement form isn't an accurate indication of what will happen. They won't issue you a new one with the same number you will receive a new passport with a new number. So in effect you requesting a new passport.
Good luck

Big Jimi
See if your travel agent has it on file! BUT you cannot travel with just the number and having the number will not make a difference if you need to re-apply.You'll get a new passport with a new number,unlike drivers license numbers which stay the same,passport numbers change!

You could call 1-877-487-2778, but if you have no passport, you will need a new one.

The Privacy Act allows you to obtain copies of records in your own name and the records of your minor children. To request these records, please submit a typed or clearly printed NOTARIZED request that provides:

1. your full name at birth and any subsequent name changes and/or the full name of your minor child or children, if you are requesting their records;
2. your date and place of birth and/or those of your minor child or children;
3. your current mailing address;
4. your current daytime telephone number;
5. your current e-mail address, if available;
6. your reason for the request;
7. the dates or estimated dates your passports were issued; and
8. your passport numbers or any other information that will help us locate your records.

A search for your passport record is free with your notarized request. However, there is a $45.00 search fee for each individual, other than yourself and your minor children, for whom a record search is requested. A check or money order made payable to "Department of State" must be included with your request. The search fee is waived for passport records to be submitted in connection with a request for Federal, State, or municipal benefits or when a court of competent jurisdiction orders production of the record. A copy of the court order signed by a judge should be submitted with your request.

b) Authenticated Passport Records

Authenticated copies of passport records may be requested. If you would like an authenticated copy of a passport record, the authentication fee is $30.00 for the first authenticated copy of an individual's record and $20.00 for each additional authenticated copy of that record. Checks or money orders should be made payable to "Department of State". There is no charge for authenticated copies of records to be submitted in connection with a request for Federal, State, or municipal benefits or when a court of competent jurisdiction orders production of the record.

if you have misplaced or lost your passport ? please report it to the authorites as soon as possible to prevent frauds or missuse i

Onkar S
well if you are living in the Uk with a british passport you can tak it to the Home ofice in Cental London with proof of your self if not you might have to get a new one made

Call 411 and get the Immigration number or get the nearest Immigration office around you on the computer, they will tell you what to do.

Contact immigration

Contact your local clerk of the courts office, they have the passport numbers on record since they process them.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 When extremist Muslims kill people,why do moderate Muslims not stand up and loudly condemn their actions?

 Anybody knows the presidents address?

 Would the Serbian attack on he U.S. Embassy be considered a terrorist attack since an U.S. Embassy is?
considered U.S. soil? Maybe not that these Serbians are terrorists as we classify the Al-Qeida but they did attach U.S. soil. What type of action do you think the U.S. should take?...

 USA Recession? Just built a $592 million U.S. Embassy in Baghdad?

 Is there any way to remove the stamp of husbands name in passport?

 Do you think the United Nations would allow me to speak at their headquarters in NYC?

 How many born british still in the united kingdom , AND?
Additional Details
Bruse M,
If they have not a right in there own country , why do so many fly home ...

 I am Marilyn Mejia from the Philippines the daughjter of Mr. Gerardo Mejia who is an OFW in Saudi Arabia.?
He is now confined at Al Muzahamiyah General Hospital, in the ICU. We would like to transfer him to a hospital with more facilities in Riyadh. We have asked assistance from the Philippine Embassy ...

 UK CRB Check?
I got in to trouble when I was younger, it all happen when I was under 18 and Im 22 now. Ive never been to prison.

Would my record show up on a CRB check?...

 Are you a Citizen or subject?
As government grows and expands do you become less of a citizen and more of a subject? Your opinions please.
Additional Details
My apologies to thouse who are citizens of a monarchy, I ...

 What happened to the guy who threw the shoes at bush?
Is he in jail now or is he being flown to America to appear on the Today Show? Did he ever get his shoes back?...

 Please help us... we are very much inlove couples who only wants to be together forever.....?
My husband has been trying to get me to the USA, i am from the Philippines and he is a citizen of USA.We have tried ones but I was denied of a visa, accdg to the consular officer i have no ...

 What does we have to do?

 If you lose your passport and you need another one, do you go to a town hall or an embassy to get one??
It has to be either town hall or embassy and I don't know which one!
Additional Details
or just tell me anywhere you go!!...

 Does it relly offend someone to say merry christmas???
i know this isint relly a big problem right now but relly! dose it hurt you inside to hear someone say merry christmas because thats what being offended is right to have your feelings hurt!!...

 If you decided you have to test your friends before you can trust them, are you being a friend to them?

 I'm starting a patriotic bumper sticker company- what do you think of the ones i've come up with so far?
America: Because God hates poor people.

New York City: Where high rise, steel framed buildings are vaporized instantly by burning kerosene.

These colors don't run fast ...

 How do we get the United Nations out of the United States?

 Tel me 3 french important city ?

 Is saying white power the same as saying black power?
if so why and if not why?
Additional Details
why can one race say one but the other it is taken the wrong way?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links