Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

How do i find out if someone has a travel visa to come to the us?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do i find out if someone has a travel visa to come to the us?

i have been communicating with someone in accra ghana.she says she wants to come to the us to meet me and possably stay.i sent her $150 to get her visa and want to find out if she has it before i send money for a passport

Curious1usa
Rating
In addition to the rest of the excellent advice you are getting, bear in mind that she needed a passport FIRST, in order to GET the visa. This is obvious fraud.

If you want to donate money to Africa, sent it to a children's relief agency, instead.

Yak Rider
Call the embassy in Ghana. They'll tell you you are getting ripped off.

US CITIZEN SERVICES
6th and 10th Lanes, Osu
Telephone: (233) 21-776-601/602
Fax: (233) 21-701-1813
After Hours Emergency: (233) 21-775-297
Email: acsaccra@state.gov

PS. Photo copies of a visa are worthless. There's a big scam from Russia and the Ukrain where they send the "mark" a photo copy to keep the money coming. Send me your picture and I'll send it back with you standing next to Elvis if you don't believe me.

Hugo P
Well it is a bit more complicated than that.
There's a number of countries which its citizens don't need a visa to enter the U.S. (providing they are not planning to stay longer than 3 months), but I dont believe ghana is actually one of those countries. If she does need a visa anyway it will be at some cost, and as soon as she has the stamp on her passport she can probably just scan it or take a photocopy and have it sent to you.
Just be aware that she cannot get a visa if she doesnt even have a passport. First passport, than visa.

Spotter 888
Rating
You are lucky having everyone give good advice. Just say that she is on the up and up. Ask her to photocopy her passport before sending anymore funds. I am sure the $150 you sent is more than enough for that. BTW, if she can't pay for her passport and visa does it mean you will be sending funds for her plane ticket as well? To answer your question, short of asking the person, the embassy will not tell you.**

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Are US embassy employees get paid from our tax money?

Do a filipino citizen can travel to iceland without a visa just a passport?
i am a filipino citizen wants to travel to iceland. do i need a visa going there?...

Blair retires, could he give advices to Sarkozy who want to change France fast?

Additional Details
we have no experience of real ...

How can i get visa for my parents in nigeria to attend my wedding in the us?

How long is the wait (on average) for receiving a passport?

Why isn't the USA part of Hague's convention?
I just looked it up and we aren't on the list. What the h!...

Where can i get a letter to show that i am not married. i am polish and getting married in south africa.?
i live in london . we going to south africa to get married and need this letter. partner from south africa. we are coming back to the uk....

How do I get a copy of a brith certificate from a US embassy in another country?
I was born to American parents in Australia. I have a birth certificate from the US embassy in Sydney. Since I only have one copy I'd like to get a second copy to lock up in a safe-deposit box....

My mom and dad are citizen of uk my age is above 50 can i get british passport?

Help Out This!!!!!!?
My course is going to begin on 25th September and i have'nt got my visa for Australia! Can any one tell me why is it getting delayed???...

How can i find a person on Iceland?
Id like to find a persona, he lives in Iceland, is there any way to find him? Do you know where can i find a telephone book of Reijkavik (capital city)?

lot of ...

Where to issue a new passport?
I have a german girl working with me in Abu Dhabi. She cancelled her Dubai visa and I started working on her visa here. In the mean time she went on vacation and came back on a visit visa. Here comes ...

Can an Australian obtain a Polish passport if his grandfather was born in Poland?

Do I get quick US visit visa. I am not rich?
and I don't have back balance and just have small house
but I am interested to visit US on visit visa
Do consulate offer visas for non-rich people

I am not married and I don&...

I am filipina and i have valid passport but i dont have valid I.D. Then i will go to mexico, do i need visa?

Can one apply for two visas to the U.S. at the same time?
My spouse wants to apply for a B-1/2 tourist visa to the U.S. from the embassy in Seoul. She's a PRC national who's also just applied for an IV (immigrant visa) in Seoul, also to the U.S. C...

How Long Does it take for the US embassy to mail back your passport?
I went to the US embassy 3 weeks ago to get a visa to travel to US. After the interview, the interviewer said that I should be able to get my passport back in around a week, but it's been three ...

If i go to college abroad will it require me to get a dual passport?

Adding a Title to your passport.?
I am a UK citizen and have recently bought a 1 metre x 1 metre plot of land in Scotland. I have received a certificate to say that I am Laird N... J….. T……. of cross Cairn. The land was bought to ...

Hows nigerian ploitics work?
thank ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links