Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

How do non-diplomats get special diplomatic license plates?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do non-diplomats get special diplomatic license plates?

I know several people who are U.S. citizens and are not diplomats (nor are their spouses/others in their direct household) who drive around with diplomatic plates. How is this possible?
Additional Details
No, I'm not lying. I know of 3 different cases of this in the metro New York area.

Jimmy
They can't legally get them. In some cases honorary consuls can have special license plates, but not diplomatic ones. The only people in New York City with diplomatic plates are assigned to foreign UN missions. Are you sure that the three cases you know of have diplomatic and not consular plates? Both are issued by the US State Department. The consular ones have a number beginning with C followed by a two letter country code and three or four digit number. Diplomatic ones have D then the same two letter country code.

David
You can check the country they are issued too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._license_plates#Diplomatic_license_plates

moron6
it's not, you're lying.

yes you are lying

Teekno
It's not.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Schengen Visa Application?
I want to know How I can get an application from my uncle in italy (he's italian)? what are requirements?? I'm 20 studying Medicine? is it problem?!...

Acceptance of visa cards?
If a establishment, ie hotel, restaurant, shop ect accepts a visa credit card and displays the visa logo, does this automatically mean that the establishment will accept visa debit cards and/or other ...

USA passport and get a German passport?
Hey I was wondering since I have an american passport, can i go to Germany and obtain a german passport?

Thanks
Additional Details
No I am saying is it possible for me to ...

can consulate offer a student visa?

I want to work in an Embassy, whats the best way of going about this?
My dream job is to one day be a diplomate, i live in australia and would love to work in an embassy and slowly work my way up. I don't think i have the qualifications to work in one what do i ...

birth certificate problem?
good morning!
Sir i'm born in 30/10/1989. the passport officer's must want the birth certificate. but my 10th and degree certificates & TC having the birth date of 31/10/1989. S...

Do you know if the "Birth" Certificate in Italian would be the "Estratto di nascita"?
or is it a "Certificato di Nascita" enough?
Additional Details
No, it is ESTRATTO

I am Italian, I think I should know!...

Citizenship Results? (20 chars)?
I have a Citizenship Interview with UCSIC tomorrow.
I'd like to find out when they give you the results whether you passed or not.

Thanks In Advance....

How can I obtain an American Social Security card, when living in the UK?
I am a dual national (British and American) living in the UK. I need to re-new my American passport ASAP, but need my Social Security number to do this.

Unfortunately I lost my Social S...

Does anyone know of a diplomat called Peter Joy(e)?
He was a diplomat fo the UK in the 1900's, this is all I really know about him. PLease help because he maybe related to me....

MY MOTHER IS SAUDI CITIZEN AND I AM SUDANESE NATIONAL CAN I GET AMERICAN STUDENT VISA?
I WAS BORN RAISED IN SAUDI ARABIA AND MY MOTHER FROM SAUDI ARABIA BUT AM HOLDING SUDANESE PASSPORT AND I AM WORKING AT MY MOTHER ESTABLISHMENT AS A GENERAL MANAGER AND UNDER HER SPONSORSHIP IN SAUDI...

US born child of German national
I'm a German national living in the US. I was married to a US citizen who was in the army. One of our children was born here in the states. After our divorce in 2007 my ex husband disappeared and I ...

Do I need a certificate of citizenship?
I was born in the US to a German national, so I have nationality for both countries. That much I know for sure. I just recently got my German passport in addition to my American passport because I'...

need help
where can we ask help for those american family who is here in our place and they have no money ..he got 3 kids in our place and all them are looking for job his kids ages were 19,17 and 10 yrs old ...

need estranged husband details
I am a wife of estranged husband.he sent to india in 2002 from USA.he has been living in USa since1999. he has been doing job in USA.But to the court he sayin that he has no job in USa.I have his S...

Bolivian Visa
Hi there, I would like to know if anyone can tell me Bolivian Embassy email or telephone number which is situated at Kolkatta in India because I have address and phone number too but that phone ...

Applied for U.S. Passport but?
I am a born American Puerto Rican citizen I recently received my new puerto rico birth certificate that was was ordered through vital chek I sent out my passport application DS-11 through the ...

procedure to get visa for america after marring an american guy in india
i {indian} married an american guy before 4 days....he is an american citizen....now what procedure shold i follow to get visa for america...and how much time will it take for me to get the visa?.....

Visa for Bangladesh
I am an Indian passport holder presently in the UK. I need to travel to Bangadesh urgently for personal reasons. I am married to a Bangladeshi. Will I be able to obtain a visa for Bangladesh in the UK...

Copywriter
Hi. My name is Markus. About five years ago I was deported from the U.S. This is what happened: I was to go over there for a month on a tourist visa. I had a criminal record so I wanted to make ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links