Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

How long will it take for my husband to get a visa to come to USA if we get married in India? ?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long will it take for my husband to get a visa to come to USA if we get married in India? ?

I am planning to go to India to marry my husband there. I am a US citizen. We cannot apply for his visa til after we are married, "there". How long does it take for him to get it? I am even considering living in India til he gets it. I am planning to get my visa soon to go to India. Where to get forms for me to apply for visa and how much does it costs? HOw long does it take to get?

GARY
If you are a US Citizen then you should apply for a Fiance visa.That is the fastest way to bring your Future Husband.It should not take more than a 4-6 months Max.If you go to India and get married and then file the petition here it may take up to a year for him to get the immigrant Visa.You have to file I-129 with I-864 Affidavit of Support.All info is available on American Embassy in India web site or www.Travel.state.gov.

RayHere
Rating
Well if you live in India you can apply there but you must have lived there for one day over a year but if you apply in your home country it; is matter of weeks Depends on were you live in America but it well take over a year if you apply in America Sorry
You can leave India for a short time but it must be you home country

cherrie
hello my husband is from india,and I am a US citizen,he had a c1d visa,I filed for him,then he went home to do his interveiw with the US embassy,now they want waiver hardship letter,he tried once,they said the letter was weak,and that he should try again,the next lawyers want 7,000.00 for the case,I need help with money,all our money went to the first lawyer and rent at home,please help me.

lisa
im a usa citizen and married,and pregnet how can i get my husband to the usa befor i have are baby he is from india

k patel
hello,i m corrently living in london as a student.i m going to marry wth usa citizen girl in india so do they mind abt tht i m a student in london or does it mak any prob in my visa process?and whch is the best way i can get usa visa quick?

k patel
hello,i m corrently living in london as a student.i m going to marry wth usa citizen girl in india so do they mind abt tht i m a student in london or does it mak any prob in my visa process?and whch is the best way i can get usa visa quick?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Hi, I need help in getting my US business visa renewed. Is there any agency, who can help me in getting this?
My US business Visa is getting expired in March. I need help in getting it renewed. Please advise me of some agency who can help me with the process....

I am Peruvian but have a permanent residency (green card), do I still need a visa to visit New Caledonia?
I am planning to travel to New Caledonia and I was wondering if I still need to get a tourist visa. I heard once you have a green card there is no need for it. Please I need some answers ASAP....

I applyed for an Indian visa, online and sent them, the VFS, the passport and pictures and next they they ?
return it, saying that I had made 13 mistakes!!! <believe me, for the exception of one, all of they said is not right> and now they don't reply to my email or answer my call, how can I get ...

What are the total costs/fees of a K1 visa..?
what are the total costs/fees of a K1 visa and all associated immigration expenses for my fiancee to come from Canada to USA.
We fear we wont be able to marry and be together simply due to not ...

Report of marriage and passport renewal/amendment in Philippine Embassy?
Should I file for a report of marriage first and wait till I can get it in security paper then apply for a passport renewal or I can file a report of marriage together with my application for ...

I would like to ask if i go exit after six months can i come on new visa after six months without noc?
i am indian presently working in saudi arabia just want to ask if i go exit from here after six moths can i come back to new company without no objection certificate....

Is gaza a stateless nation?
I know Gaza has no official state but are they considered a nation?...

Visa Canada and US Visa?
Can Canada be entered with U.S Student Visa?...

Please i need help asap... do i need a visa?
i'm an american girl who plans to visit England, Italy and France next month... i dont think i need a visa for any of these countries, but i just want to make sure. thank you very much for your ...

592 million dollars for an embassy in Iraq, why?
Talk about gouging us no wonder we are in such bad shape. This was just for one building can you imagine the billions this idiot Bush wasted over there. I can't believe Obama does not want to go ...

Reissue of Indian Passport? Will the passport number be the same?
Hi,

My passport will be expiring soon. I wanted to know:

1. Will the new issued passport will be carrying the same Passport number as old one?

2. Can I keep my old ...

Is A2 visa (children of diplomat) eligible for FAFSA?
Is A2 visa (children of diplomat) eligible for FAFSA?
Is a dependent of an A2 visa holder eligible for FAFSA. A2 visa is considered a permanent resident status from what i know.

Will this stop me getting a work visa for the usa?
wondered if you can help.

i worked as a camp councilor on an american summer camp 4 years ago and i have been invited back this summer from June to August.

The thing is, an end ...

Im moving to Cyprus soon, any advice and what documents do I need to be able to work and live on the island?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, also what seems to be the best area? Im looking at the Famagusta area at the moment, but that could change. Thanks!
Additional Details
Im moving ...

Reapplication working visa canada how long will it take, it possible to re apply?

Naturalization oath ceremony schedule 2009 anywhere in Texas? Thanks a lot! roy_aleonar@yahoo.com?

Are there embassy of the republic of Venezuela in Thai land? please help me i would make report?

How to obtain Germany transit visa ?
can anyone tell me please how can i obtain Germany transit visa, as i m international student in united states , and citizen of india. im goin back on 8th of feb, before that i need to obtain transit ...

I want to be an ambassador, but how can i reach my dream?

Latest update about foreign workers?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, April 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links