Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

How to get an Apostille of Marriage/Birth/Death Certificates in India (Mumbai)?
Find answers to your legal question.

How to get an Apostille of Marriage/Birth/Death Certificates in India (Mumbai)?

I need my marriage certificate, issued May 1994 in Mumbai, to get apostilled.

The School Education and Sports Deparment,4th Floor Mantralaya Annexe will not authenticate anything other than school/college certificates. So where do we need to go in Maharashtra to get the Birth/Death/Marriage certificates authenticated?

The local Mumbai Marriage Registrar provided a photo copy of the original certificate and said he could not provide another original. He then stamped and sealed it. Will this be acceptable at the Home Ministry in New Delhi to get apostilled? Or does it need additional authentication from another Maharashtra Home Department/General Administration department before being presented to the MEA in New Delhi for apostille?

Do you first need to get it authenticated in the state department(i.e Mumbai, Maharashtra) and then apostilled in Home Ministry in New Delhi. If so, what/where is the department in Mumbai that does that authentication.

vijay m Indian Lawyer
Rating
For the purpose of Apostillisation there are two processes, firstly all documents should be first authenticated by the designated agencies in the State from where the document has been issued. In case of personal documents such as like birth, death, affidavits, power of attorneys, marriage etc, the State Home Department/General Administration Department are the designated authorities. You need don't require authentication from Ministry of Home Affairs in New Delhi. Second process is Documents attested by this authority then need to be presented to MEA for issue of Apostilles. A fee of Rs. 50/- in form of Postal/Pay Order drawn in favour of PAO, MEA, New Delhi is payable for each Apostille sticker.
The Registrar of Marriages only issues Original Marriage Certificate once & after that only a certified copy of the Original is issue so marked & stamped. You have to contact the State Home Department/General Administration Department, Mumbai & get this Certified Marriage Certificate Authenticated before presenting it for affixation of Apostille Stamp by the MEA in New Delhi. Visit the State Secretariat & contact the State Home Department there for the authentication.

Pallavi Patel
I want to get my Marriage certificate Apostille at Ministry of Home Affairs in New Delhi. Please provide me the Address for the same. How can I do it? What is the exact procedure after marriage certificate get Apostilled at he State Home Department/General Administration Department.

Rishikumar
I need my birth certificate having an appostille. Can Home Department/GAM complete the Appostille procedure? or will it be required to present the document to MEA, Delhi after state completes the initial procedure?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If i re-issue my indian passport 3 months before it expires (i.e 10 yrs) does my passport no. change?

Foreign employment?

What exactly is a Matricula Consular Identification Card?
What is it used for? Who qualifies to obtain one? How do they obtain it?

(Seeking information only - no degrading remarks regarding other races, their governments or cultures. Thank you.)...

Does anyone know an ambassador who works in Mexico's embassy?
i am mexican and i want to knwo if you know an ambassador who can help me to get a work visa,i dont want to go to the embassy here in mexico city they are rude :-(,
Additional Details

Liechteinsten visa?Shengen?
you can enter into liechtenstein whith a shengen visa?...

Finance visa and CR-1 visa?
foreigner getting married with american ...

Has Mugabe gone mad?
I'm not inviting psychoanalysis of the fellow, of course. What I mean by asking is learn whether his government's decision to push ahead with last weekend's polls was due to factors ...

New law on visit visa in UAE.. can you help with this?
i am a philippine passport holder and my exit date from abu dhabi is on aug. 13. can i renew my visa for another one month without leaving abu dhabi for an exit? i have a visit visa...
A...

Im a filipino nurse, should i declare to the US embassy about my profession to get a tourist visa?

Im from philippines, i file a fiance visa in uk embassy manila.. how long does it take to grant my visa?

Additional Details
fiance visa is under settlement categorie that i filed last month.. i wanna get marry there before or in december.. is it possibe to grant my visa before that time?...

How would i know if i my schengen visa application in manila french embassy has been approved?

Additional Details
Is it enough proof that they asked you to come back to a certain date after giving you the receipt for the payment of euro?...

Chances of getting uk citizenship after 11 1/2 years in this country?
my friend and her husband came in as asylum seekers been here 11 1/2 years but their claim for uk citizenship was refused because they were classed as an overstayer but the office made a mistake she ...

What philippine agency can help us regarding the proper garbage management?

Is it ok if u work as a nurse in saudi arabia even u did not yet pass as a registered nurse here in philippine
i need answer soon......

Dubai embassy in bangalore?

What would my parents' roles be in terms of me attaining top secret clearance?
Would their character, credit rating, etc., have any affect on me even though I haven't lived with them in more than 10 years and we've been in separate states in that time frame? Also, ...

Do South African passport holders need a visa when travelling to Seoul?
Do South Africans need a visa to have a holiday less than 30 days in Seoul, South Korea?
:) Thanks......

Why is it so difficult for a British Citizen to enter and live in Australia?
I have a brother in the UK that is a citizen and a plumber by trade and cannot just fly over and look for a job in Australia.
Seeing that we are part of the Common Wealth it should be a matter ...

What documents to be prepare prior to visa application?

More details about secret clearance please... thanks?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, April 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links