Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

I am american citizen but my parents are mexican how i can get my doble nationality?
Find answers to your legal question.

I am american citizen but my parents are mexican how i can get my doble nationality?

i have both birth certificates american-mexican, but it wasnt my fault now i want to fix this situation thaks

dognhorsemom
Rating
Mexican law establishes a distinction between nationality and citizenship. The 1998 Amendment recognized Mexican nationality transmitted by birth, restricting nationality to the first generation born abroad. It also preserved Mexican nationality by birth, when adopting a foreign nationality. Mexicans abroad holding Mexican nationality will be treated with legal equality in Mexico; specifically, they will keep patrimonial rights, access to reserved areas of investment, and the ability to inherit without restriction.

This means that you are entitled to Mexican citizenship (in addition to US citizenship) as long as your parents were born in Mexico. All you need to do is go to the nearest Mexican consulate (if you are living in the US) and apply for your Mexican passport.

PS - the idea that dual nationality is somehow being phased out is nonsense. So is the statement that you will have to choose at age 18 - neither the US nor Mexico has such a law.

Spock (rhp)
mexican consulate ... see their country website for list of them.

FRAGINAL-NOYPI
You can apply for a Mexican citizenship by presenting the marriage certificate of your parents and your birth certificate to prove that you are entitled to dual citizenship.

Mr. PhD
You mean dual citizenship? I don't think you can unless the Mexican government allows it.

Razor Jim
The Mexican government does not allow dual citizenship.

mamour
Rating
where are you now located? in the US or Mexico? what is it that you want to fix here?
you will have dual citizenship,nothing bad about that;
if you are in the US, find the nearest Mexican consulate and contact them about citizenship,if in Mexico? you find the nearest US consulate,
as far as the law fazzing out and picking one at age 18 ? that is absolutely not true,
so? if you would like to come back? and tell us where you are now located? i will check back with your question, and give you the web pages according to your response,
edit your question if you wish? i will check back,

ps:

edit your question with the little pencil under it, click on it , and add.............

Theresa
Rating
I don't understand what it is you want to fix. If you have both birth certificates, then you have dual nationality.

My daughter was born in Mexico but since both her parents are Americans, she has both citizenships. It sounds like you have the opposite situation - born in the U.S. of Mexican parents?

I was told that at age 18, my daughter would have to choose one or the other.

HR
Dual citizenship is being fazed out. You can only be American or Mexican, not both. And just because you were born in America it does not make you an American. If you do have citizenship, you can be an American of Mexican descent.

Military children born in Europe are Americans, they are not German nor Italian nor any other nationality.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How do you prove that you're not married?
My cousin is about to participate in an au pair program. One of the requirements is proof that you are not married...how do you do that?
Additional Details
"Consuela' lmao!&...

What is the last name of prince charles of england?

Can One Persone Have Citizen Two Country?

Where is syria?

I am 18 years old and I want to become diplomat.?
I want to become a future diplomat. What qualities should I work on and what other skills would help me to achieve me dream? I wanted to know you opinions on it.

Thank you very much in ...

Tell me your superpower and I'll tell you mine.?
Yes - superpower can mean one of two things. Answer as you will stupid politicians or comic geeks!...

Wats mulla bomb...iam confused?
What is mulla ...

Received mail "CONTRACT DOCUMENT/ APPOINTMENT LETTER"saying This is an affirmation ---fromN.IS IT A SCAM?
This is an affirmation that your experience and qualifications
found successful for the requirements of N.L.N.G REFINARY
OIL / GAS COMPANY. and to this end no interview is to be conducted<...

Should MPs be finned for stalling house?
political as current ...

Moving to the USA?
i'm persian, i wanna move to the USA, since we don't have US embassy in iran, i'm goin to turkey. So, it's alittle bit hard for me to answer the ambassador's questions. I ...

Can a freind do a British Passport Countersignatory for me?
She's holds a british passport herself and has known me for over two years, however, she is not related to me in a proffessional way, she is just a freind to me (not a relative)....

PLEASE HELP AGAIN!! regarding the british embassy!?
if the british embassy (say in india) grant a visa for someone, if that someone has a 5 year Visa, can the embassy change their mind eventhough that person has entered the UK???...

I want to marry my man from morocco im from scotland,can you help me please???
Hello everyone.Id like to get married to my man,im from scotland he is from morocco,im dissabled and i cant stay too long in his country due to the severity of my illness and not good treatment there ...

Does a british citizen needs a visa to go to America or he can go without one?

Has anyone anything good to say about the UK embassies and consulats?
I've backpacked my way around a lot of the world and never found one useful and nor has anybody I've spoken to either. Just interested in others views realy....

What OPEC stands for?

Immigration problems?
my boyfriend and i are going to get married. hes from mexico. we're both in mexico right now. when we get married is it definate that he will get a visa to the us. if we apply the matrimony one??...

Permanent residency in the USA?
I'm from Sri Lanka, and considering to study in the USA, an associate degree in Nursing... I was wondering, once graduating this course, am i eligible to work there? How do i go about applying ...

What do you think that will bring peace to the whole nations of the the world?

How long can a british citizen live in jamaica?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, November 27, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links