Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK, how long before I can apply for a british passport?
Find answers to your legal question.

I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK, how long before I can apply for a british passport?

I am married to a british citizen, and just would like to know after i received Indefinite leave to remain, how long after that can I apply for a british passport??

neoplop
In order to get a passport, you first have to apply for British citizenship.

If you are over 18 and have been living in the United Kingdom for the last five years (or three years if you are married to or a civil partner of a British citizen) you may be able to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/

kittysue2000
Rating
You can apply for naturalisation as a British citizen one year after you receive your ILR.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Customs form necessary for an APO address?
Sorry all, but I have NO idea where to put this question! I'm going to be shipping my brother (who is in Afghanastan, we think) a care package. Since it's going to an APO mailing address, ...

Can a US Citizen get an ITIN ......?
In order to be able to open a bank account. And to find a job. But without having to get a Social Security Number?
Additional Details
The reason I do not want a social security number, ...

I have applied portugese nationality born in goa in 1954.?
i want to khow that the document which i have is sufficient to acquire nationality.my copy Birth teor ((copy of archives).my mother's birth teor(copy of archives).and original documents of my ...

Passport name change?
I want to change my name order in the passport. So, i need to provide my original passport along with the affidavit signed by the notary that the name has been changed. So, will i get a new passport ...

Where & when was Dr. Abdul Kalam born? & also tell his email ID.?

Is there any recourse to Kentucky Consular Center if a consulate officer denies me the diversity visa unfairly?
My husband and i went to a US Consulate office and we were denied the diversity visas(the 2009 Session- which will expire on 30th Sept 2009) after a 3 minute interview based on mere suspicion that ...

As an Australian resident, do i need a work permit/visa to work seasonally in Greece?
I have been offered a job in the water sports industry for summer 2009 in Greece and i need to know if i require further documentation such as a work permit in order to work there....

Can anybody help me wiz the immigrant visa?
hello,

i'd like to ask about the immigrant visas. am a saudi girl who's going to marry an american guy(egyptian origin).i want to do the immigrant visa from saudi,but the ...

How do invite a Moroccan friend?
i am in UK and i want my friends brother to visit mehere next time he goes to her in spain to take him to a few places of interest here he has a visa but i now have to formally invite him like a ...

Indian Passport holder in US need to travel to Ecuador for business?
I am an Indian Passport Holder working in the US. I need to travel to Ecuador for a 1 week business trip but I can't find the information on what kind of visa (if any) do I need to travel. I ...

Sponsoring my wife on F2 visa.?
I am on F1-OPT and want to bring my wife over to US on F2-visa. when i came to US, i was got sponsored by one of my relatives.the bank statements were all under my name but the affidavit of support ...

Will Israel let an Iranian passport carrier into the country?
HELP ME, PLZ!!!...

How Can I Get DS2019 and J1 Visa?
I am from Turkey and I am planning to go on a trip to USA this summer. My problem is that I am not sure what kind of a visa I will need to stay in the USA for two months. I am a college student here ...

Sir my wife applied for a visa using her maien name ma elena lim and still has no reply till now?

Carters Foreign Policy?
Give examples of the positive and negative results of Carter's approach to foreign policy....

EN FRANCAIS - A level help! Pour d'etre POUR la cannabis?
Ok, so I study French A level, and homework is to do a 150 word essay on reasons FOR the legalization of cannabis. Could anyone give me an example etc?

Thanks!...

On average how long does a tourist visa or student visa application take to get accepted?
Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?...

Can a Green Card holder sponsor a spouse that already has a US Visa?
Hello all, this may sound a bit crazy but I really need some help on this one. I am getting married to someone from the caribbean who already has an American Visa. The problem is I am only a Green C...

I need help in contacting the ambassadors of the former-soviet countries, I wish to write a letter to them?
I am trying to write to the US ambassadors to the countries of Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Kaskahstan, Kyrgystan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldovia, Turkmenistan, Uzbektistan, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine (...

Applying for a schengen visa with a syrian traveling passport?
I'm a palestinian with a Syrian traveling document. I live in Dubai and I want to apply for the schengen visa to go to Paris for tourism only. Is there a reason that would make them reject it? A...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links