Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

I lost my U.S. Permanent Resident card but I must fly out of the country due to an emergency in my family?
Find answers to your legal question.

I lost my U.S. Permanent Resident card but I must fly out of the country due to an emergency in my family?

I lost my Permanent Resident card and am about to apply for another for which I am told it will take a few months. Only problem is I must leave the country because of a family emergency. Is there any way I can fly out of the country without the card but if I have proof that I have applied for another one? Thank you all.


Make an appointment with USCIS local office through Info Pass.
They may help you how to go about. If you have a copy of your green card or you know your A number that would be a big help.


George L
As I said over in the immigration section, leaving is easy, getting back will be hard. if you're a green card holder, then you don't currently have a valid visa and you aren't eligible to get a valid visa to return, either. Visas can't be issued to green card holders. So, while Phil is trying to be helpful, he isn't giving you the right information. talk to USCIS now to see what can be done. contact your congressman immediately to see if they can help you expedite things. If you leave without your green card, you won't be able to return without going to the embassy in your home country and getting them to confirm your status with USCIS. until that happens you won't even be able to get on the plane. but, beware that unless the US embassy back home has a USCIS office, it could take some time to confirm your status. if you do insist on leaving, make sure to keep your alien registration number on you. it's much easier to confirm your status with that than it will be with just your name and date of birth.

kelly t
Good luck getting back home.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 I'm a minor and i'm about to apply for a US Visa. is it possible?
I will also be travelling alone. Will I have a high chance of getting a US Visa? Or will my parents be required to get a US Visa too so that I could get one?
Additional Details
i will ...

 I am from Albania and live in Italy . If I win the GREEN CARD LOTTERY. which embassy should I go?

 What kind of things are covered by diplomatic immunity?
I know a few people who are sons and daughters of international diplomats and while they have all been really nice down to earth people, they make note that there are lots of things that they can get ...

 I'm Brazilian and I'd like to do foreign friends...?

 My US visa is due for renewal.?
I have a new passport since my marital name has changed. How do I go about the renewal ?...

 Togo the country?

 I'm a philippine who marreid a korean guy,my husband want to become a philippine citizine but how?
i have a two kids,and i want to make them a philippine citizine,and also my husband but how? what should i do?...

 What countries is there a Canadian embassy in?

 About Student visa for France..?
I want to learn French in France.
I'd like to appy for student visa for France,
Anybody has experienced of this?

I know what kind of document I have to prepare and I ...

 Will the Mexican Mobile Consulate will be visiting any cities in Wisconsin so people can apply for matriculas?

 How can I obtain my own Matricula Consular ID Card?

 How do I know who's qualified to be my financial sponsor?
I won a US DV Visa Lottery and I understand that I'll need a financial sponsor who will fill out an I-134 Affidavit of Support for me, how do I know who's qualified to be my financial ...

 Is there income requirements for my sister in spain to sponsor me for a visit?
I'm in the Philippines. My sister is living in spain....

 Where is centrelink in city? PLZ HELP?
im a nex immigrant will they send me to TAFE if i get there

can i get any help!!!!?...

 Ghana visa still valid?
I went to Ghana, West Africa last year on a business visa to work with an NGO and am returning this summer for the same reason. I got a multiple entry visa and it says 'Endorsed for 90 days'...

 What is the process to get student visa for united kingdom?

 Deported from new zealand?
Hi. I got deprted from nz due to some immigration problems. Didnt commit any criminal offence and I got deported in 2003, all I would like to knw when can ig go back to nz and will i ever be ...

 I got Dv last time my case number is 29000 but the response did not come still and the dade line is september?

 What are the roles of the United States Information Agency in the conduct of foreign relations?
I need to know what the United States Information Agency does in the conduct of foreign relations....

 221g temp refusal?
i sent a notarized letter to the embassy yesterday to facilitate and ask info about the h4 application of my wife and daughter... They were temporary refused and issued a 221g under administrative ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links