Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

If a baby is born in the uk to parents that are both Polish, does the child get a british passport?
Find answers to your legal question.

If a baby is born in the uk to parents that are both Polish, does the child get a british passport?


George M
Not necessarily !
Despite of what all the others are writing, the situation is much more intricate !
Currently (for a child born after 2006) is that if your Polish/EU/EEA parents have to have lived in the UK for 5 years prior to the birth of the child before being deemed "settled" and thus considered resident in the UK for citizenship purposes. The law has changed quite a few times of the last few years, so if you ar inquiring about a person that was born before 2006, see the link below for more detailed information by the Home Office.

♥ღ♥ scottish blondie ♥ღ♥
Nope im afraid it doesn't work like that! Just because your born in the UK doesn't meant your automatically British...

To claim British nationality for your baby through Treaty Rights, you need to have been resident in the uk for 5 or more years. You've also got to prove this by providing evidence that you've paid tax and national insurance for those full 5 years too, without any breaks in that time.

This website should help you...

ken / MC jalapino
yes i think so because anyone born in the uk is considered as a british citizen :D

Sαмміе Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

cαssιε! cσячs мυммч ♥
Yes it does, honey.
Your baby is a British Citizen.

Your baby will be a born a British Citizen.

It is termed citizen by birth, for now.

Ipek K Reloaded
Yes he does.

For more information, please check out


Yes---I am from Europe, and in Europe it is such that if a child is born on the soil of the particular country it automatically becomes a citizen of that country(=natural born). The child should also qualify for dual citizenship since the parents are polish, but that would have to be clarified with the polish embassy.....

Yes,you are lucky they can have both.Polish & British
Unfortunately I cannot get one for my country of birth ENGLAND

yes but be careful because the government may put your kid into a sheltered home if you try to leave the uk with your kid.

but that's only in Extreme cases

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 How do i know if an e-mail is fraud?
Is their story true?...

 Should the U.N. be given larger teeth?

 Does anyone know the penalty for overstaying a visa in the USA?
I dont mean by a few weeks i mean by 15 ...

 At U.S customs...?
Do the U.S. customs confiscate pirated CD's...
I wanna bring some CD's containing compilation of my fave mp3s....

 Is Presidential Cand. Obama a NATURAL BORN US CITIZEN?
His bio say his mother met his father outside of the UNITED STATES, married and had Mr. Obama. Then it goes on to state that when he was 10, he was given to his grandmother in HI. So where was he ...

 Can I cancel or return my UK Passport?
If I no longer want it, can I have it cancelled?...

 Do Israelis have a sense of humour?
I tried posting a comment on Al Jazeera saying the nuclear destruction of Israel doesn't matter to anyone other than the US and I can live my life without trying a dragon fruit.

I ...

 Do you like Italia?
what do you like about italia?...

 I'm Irish my wife Polish living in UK. My son born in uk 07/11/2008 what passpport can I apply for him ?
We live here in the UK permanently so a british passport would be handy....

 When Palin said living next to Russia gives her foreign affairs?
experience, does that mean that those in Texas or Florida have foreign affairs experience with Cuba and Mexico?
The college had to do a little checking up on that, if I am wrong please site the ...

 I got a success leter from NLNG Nigeria, They asking about 1700 US $ for visa & work premit, what I should?

 Which is best country to visit?

 Why is president bush so friendly to hu?
isn't chinese president a cruel dictator? why does president bush contribute to his ruling? as a chinese,i am so frustrated....

 What would the Gov't do if Martians came and wanted peace?
Like if there was a massive migration from their planet to this....

 What is the process of getting someone knighted? Is there an official nomination?

 I want to help a man from Pondicherry, INDIA come to USA permanently?
I will let him live at my home and I will help him.
What is the easiest process for this to become reality?
He is an electricain by trade. No criminal background, and is 28 years old. ...

 Should we the people bann drinking in the white house?
Clear heads a must , do you agree?...

 Thw McCanns?
Now apparently holed up somewhere waiting to give a statement to selected British Media.
What do you make of this
Beats bb for your 15 mins of ...

 Which countries can you travelto without a passport or visa?

Additional Details
I am B...

 Does anyone agree the people who sold saddam chemicals for wmds removed them in order not to get caught thats
france and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, February 6, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links