Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

Travel to El Salvador with expired Salvadorian passport?
Find answers to your legal question.

Travel to El Salvador with expired Salvadorian passport?

My grandmother recently found out her Salvadorian passport was expired but wants to go back to El Salvador for a few months. Is it possible to leave the US with an expired passport?
Additional Details
My grandmother thought she had a few more months before expiration, but we found out that it was expired since September 2006! She lives here in the US for a few months, and goes back every year. She says its not a problem but we arent all that sure. We tried contacting the Consulate here in Miami, but all we get is the machine. Ive been searching all around the Internet to find the answer before having to drive all the way to the Consulate's office.


It is doubtful the airlines would board a passenger without a valid passport. As always, though, check with the official sources for the best answer:

Consul General Luis Montes Brito

Viceconsul Roberto Alas Engelhard, Paola Barrera Rubio, Ana María Alvarez de Eserski, and
Florence Kriete de Avila

2600 Douglas Road, Suite 104 (Douglas Centre)
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Telephone (305) 774-0840
Fax (305) 774-0850
Jurisdiction: Florida

If you can't get an answer there, try the embassy in Washington, DC:

Consul General Ana Margarita Chávez Escobar

Consul Rosa Angela Valencia de Argumedo

Viceconsul Angela María Rubio

1724 - 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Telephone (202) 331-4032
Fax (202) 331-4036
Jurisdiction District of Columbia, Maryland and West Virginia

or call back to El Salvador:

General Direction of Assistance to the Salvadoran Community Abroad, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Centro de Gobierno Edificio # 4
San Salvador, El Salvador
Tel.: 011 (503) 2222-4478

General Direction of Immigration
Ministry of the Interior
Centro de Gobierno
San Salvador, El Salvador
Tel.: 011 (503) 222-3116

waiting for baby
It should not be a problem because she is going to her homeland after all
but you can contact the Salvadorian embassy in the state that you leave in to ask, she might be able to renew it before leaving
Good luck

does she wanna come back? why has she been here so long???

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 Has anyone ever taught English in Taiwan?
How was your experience? How long were you there, and did you use a recruiter?...

 I am on a visitor visa.I hv a return ticket after 3mnths.want to know if i can extend my stay for another 1mnt

 Traveling permit question?
i was wondering if im not a u.s citizen but a green card holder and have obtained a traveling permit, will be a lot of hassel to actually travel or are there problems associated with not having a u.s ...

 Can someone give me info on blocked passport of minors that have dual citizenship?
I was wondering if a minor has family in anouther country and that minor is of a age 17 are they able to travel alone back to that country where they have citizenship. Plus also if this minor as dual ...

 Can any one tell me in detail the procedure to apply for passport in bangalore.?
can any one tell me in detail the procedure to apply for passport in bangalore. don't direct me to RPO(regional passport office) website.

Thanks in ...

 I have a student residence permit here in France. Do I require a visa to go to Germany?
I'm middle eastern, so I need visas everywhere (lucky me).
But I have a residence permit in France, so I can travel to other EU countries without a visa, ...

 How do you apply for a Sudanese password if you are living in the USA?
If you were originally from Sudan but you turned 17 in the USA and wanted to apply for a passport, where can you find an application form?...

 Indian Passport renewal in Korea?
Hi I am in Korea and I have an Indian passport. My passport validity is expired on October 2007. Actually I planned to go to India beginning of next year and again immediately I will return back to K...

 In what year did US open an embassy in Hanoi?
Please include a URL/site address to your answer. Or a web source you found the answer on please..
Additional Details
No WIKIPEDIA answers plz.. Wiki is not a reliable source!!...

 How can I call canadian governmental toll free number from USA?

 What do I need to do for my spouse to get a resident card?
My Husband was brought here to the U.S. from Mexico when he was five. Now being 21 he wants to get his papers so he can stay here legally with me and our 3 yr old son. We have been together for 5 yrs ...

 How can i get another birht certificate if mines torn and worn unclear?
what websites and ...

 I want to know the site listing the contact details of all embassies of Saudi Arabia or Atleast in Germany?

 How is it that my working visa for Dubai is not yet realeased or approved since 2 months ago?

 United kingdom embassy in Lebanon?

 Can anyone tell me about living in the Dominican Republic?
I graduate from school in 2008 and I want to move to the Dominican Republic. I will be a Medical Lab Tech and I want to know a little more before I go visit next spring. Are the hospitals comparable ...

 What is a minister?

 What are the surefire ways of acquiring a US visa for my child?
We are located in the Philippines....

 Customs Clearance?
I was supposed to receive a packages 3 days ago.
I am wondering if it has been caught up in customs.
So does anyone know how i go about contacting the customs please???
So really for ...

 How can i get usstudent visa easily?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, February 13, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links