Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Embassies & Consulates

"legal capacity to contract marriage" what is this?
Find answers to your legal question.

"legal capacity to contract marriage" what is this?

can i have a full details about it? im from philippines and i will marry a guy from china. what should be the exact documents he shall bring and do?

m0cca
Rating
all they'd said is the details and informations youre looking for!

Spotter 888
Curious kapatid, your future hubby will have to prove that he is not married or has never been married before he can marry you in RP. That is a document from their NSO saying they have no record of him being married before or a judges decision annuling or divorcing him from his previous spouse. So definitely all his documents that are in Chinese has to be translated in English. This is for your own protection. Hope you will have a happy and prosperous marriage!**

mamour
Rating
you will have to prove that both of you are able # free # to marry one another , where are you getting married ? in China ? or Philippines ? either way , you will have to translate all the papers ,
i get it , he is coming to the Philippines ,
birth certificate from him translated into Philippines language , his translated # unmarried status #
here is a web page about marriage in the Philippines if you would like to sort of look at it ?
http://wwmeph.tripod.com/Wme/index.htm
legal capacities to marry :
Evidence of Termination of Previous Marriage
Parents' Consent or Advice
Military Approval
Secure the Affidavit in lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage
Secure the Affidavit in lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage
the Affidavit
Philippine law prescribes a ten-day waiting period from the filing of the Application to the issuance of the marriage license. The license is valid for 120 days and maybe used anywhere in the Philippines.
Passport Amendment
Entry of Alien Spouse
File the Immigrant Visa Petition
Obtain the Immigrant Visa
if you have more questions ? do come back .

Bill O
If he has been married a certified copy of the divorce or death certificate (also one translated in English), certified copy of his birth record translated in English, he will have to go to his Embassy here in the RP to get his LCM, if you plan on getting married as soon as he gets her you need to go to NSO before he arrives and get a Cenomar (shows you are not married) which will take up to ten days to get and then when he arrives he can get his LCM and you can apply for your marriage license which has a 10 day waiting period before it will be issued. Hope this helps

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Will a Schengen visa allow me to go to Switzerland as well after France, Italy and Netherlands?
I would like to ask for a Visa for France and then with in mind of reaching as well Switzerland for a short visit. Will it be possible or should need another visa for Switzerland? Thanks for any help!...

Can I apply for a student visa to australia?
If I am going there to train at a tennis academy in australia!!...

I am singaporean. guy age 23. I wan to be a British Citizen. Is there any possible ways to get. Please help.?

I have Swiss/US dual citizenship(i'm15). Do I have to choose one country when i'm 18?
It used to be that I would have to choose but I'm not sure if it is still so. My mum is Swiss and my dad American. I have 2 passports and everything....

How can i get to Britain?
i am a british woman living in spain i had my baby here 13 weeks ago we have now decided to go back to britian due to my husband being offered a job there, we are both british and also our 3 yr old, ...

Is my student a U.S. citizen?
He was born in Mexico in 1961, but his father was a US citizen and never gave up his citizenship. His father was in the US Army and resided in the US more than 5 years after the age of 14. My ...

Should my Chilean boyfriend tell US Consular Officials that he is coming to the US for the birth of our baby?
I am pregnant and am helping my boyfriend, who is NOT a U.S. citizen and lives in Chile, get a visa in order to come to the States to see the birth of our baby. He would come for about 8 weeks, after ...

Can i get spanish citizenship if i marry a mixed blood (half filipino , half spanish) lady in philippines ?
I'm from middle east but im student in philippines and my GF is half filipino , half spanish .her mother is spanish and father philipino but she born in philippines . if i marry her in ...

How do I go about getting a passport?
I want to go to Germany spring break, and I need a passport.
How do I get one and how much are they?...

Damaged Passport?
I have a passport issued in China by the government of PRC. I've accidentally gotten it into a washer and now it's damaged. I'm a Chinese citizen and U.S. permanent residence. Does ...

Demonstrate ties to home country...?
im applying for a US student visa.. my husband is a korean and im a filipina and we're staying here in the Philippines as of now. we were planning to transfer to korea after this semester(im ...

Who can show me the sample letter from the employer for US tourist visa application..?

Additional Details
letter indicate the purpose to visit US and to make sure that I will return after the visit..izit easier to get the visa with this kind of letter (from employer)...

What are the differences b/n a visa versus a passport?
i need a brief but with a substance ...

Married to Canadian, denied to get tourist visa to Canada?
I know someone who is married to a Canadian (residing in other country) was denied when she applied for tourist visa to Canada. They both not yet decided to settle in Canada for time being, my friend ...

Is a Living Will necessary when marrying a foreigner?
Before he applies for his K-3 visa to come to the U.S?
Additional Details
I mean if he comes here and something happens to me (God forbid) Does there have to be a Will for him to stay in ...

Passport replacement for 4 yr old, needs notorized permission from father is this right, is there a way around
My friends son damaged his USA passport, they said she needs notorized authorization from his father to get it replaced but his father is in another country where notorization costs $150 is there a ...

How do i become a british spy?

Is it allowed for us citizen to work in philippines?
what requirements are needed for that?...

Applied for pasport on 01.10.2007 at Hyderabd No.W235274/2007. still how may days required for issue passport

How many universities are there in the united kingdon?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links