Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

A american with a Mexican parent is looking to get dual citizenship in Mexico?
Find answers to your legal question.

A american with a Mexican parent is looking to get dual citizenship in Mexico?

Want to buy a beach home in Mexico but in order to have the proper paperwork and deed need to have dual citizenship, whats the proper procedure to achieve this goal?


Michelle M
If one of your parents was born in Mexico, you may claim Mexican nationality. "Nationality" is different than full "citizenship," but it does allow you to own property. I recently got married in Mexico, to a Mexican, and had to talk to immigration folks there. They confirmed that because my mother was born in Mexico, I could claim nationality. All I would need is a copy of her birth certificate. (And no, you're not required to renounce your U.S. citizenship to do so.)
For assistance on doing all this, contact your nearest Mexican consulate. A list of this is available on the second link listed below.
By the way, it is possible to "own" beachfront property without nationality/citizenship, but it involves purchasing the land through a trust. There are many notarios in Mexico, especially in resort cities, who are skilled at setting up such trusts in case you decide to go that route.

Reverend Mike
Mexico doesn't allow dual citizenship. You could get Mexican nationality. That would allow you to purchase a beach home in Mexico.

Apparently Mexico does NOT allow dual citizenship.

You would have to renounce your US citizenship to become a mexican and then you get the beach-house

I'm Your Captain
Your Mexican parent should be able to place a claim on your Mexican citizenship. Just make sure you pay the officials some money to grease the wheel, or else it could take a while.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 Fire my immigration lawyer???? Do I pay a remaining balance?
This immigration lawyer is charging me $11,000 for my case, he was very assuring that my husband would have his permit for work in 9 months that is why we were willing to pay this amount. The day ...

 I obtained my citizenship about 2 years ago. Do my kids under 18 years become automatic citizens?

 How Long Can Green Card Holders Stay Outside U.S.?
According to USCIS's website, green card holders can stay outside America for up to a year. But WHY some people KEEP saying green card is only good for 180 days outside America and if you wanna ...

 I live in Miami. How do I obtain my birth certificate if I was born on Aviano Air Force Base Italy?

 What is the difference between a US resident and a US permanent resident?
I am trying to go for a game that requires you to be a US resident but I am not sure if I qualify. Is a US resident someone who lives in the US or someone who has the green card? Please help....

 I'm trying to fill out form I-485, question is do i need to fill in my A# ?
I got EAD card which authorized me to work on OPT and i just noticed that on the EAD card, there is A#....So i 'm not sure now that this A# is my Alien # or i just skip this number when i fill ...

 Can I get a U.S. license with a just a Work Permit (I-765)?

Additional Details
I meant drivers ...

 What Forms Do Green Card Holders Need To File Before Coming Back To U.S. From Abroad?
My aunt is a green card holder(non-conditional) and has been living and working in America for 10 years with good work and tax records.

She's now in China under medical treatment for ...

 Traveling Russia expired passport?
If my international Russian passport expired but I am a Russian studying in U.S and I need to travel very soon back home, what can I do? is there any way I can go to russia with my expired passport?...

 US CITIZENSHIP...Please help!?
I'm 19 years of age and I'm currently in the process of applying for US citizenship,I have completed all the requirements,and my question is I have taken a look at the processing times for ...

 Question about foreigners invading british hospitals?
I took my mother in law to the hospital the other day for an important appointment to see a specialist.

we had to wait 1 1/2 hours to see the doctor.

I took my daughter to the ...

 About immigration to USA?
Ok here is my weird situation:
My mom (Green Card holder) applied for me on Feb. 2004 and I got my approved I-130 on 2008, since she is a green card holder i am on a huge waiting list but she is ...

 Is Nationalism the future of Europe?
In many European countries national parties are on the rise

Front National (France)
North League (Italy)

This is a sign that European ...

 What will be an average cost of living for a middle class family in Ireland?
Dear all
I would like to relocate from Qatar to Ireland,what will be the comfortable Annual income to run a small family (wife+1child)
And How abt the Taxes?

Thanks in advance to ...

 Should i move from US to AU?
Offer of a Lifetime..Me(19), my boyfriend(21), and Step-daughter(4) just got offered to move to Australia. If we move there all we have to do is take care of some rental properties. We get to live ...

 ICE hot line reporting illegals?
I have called the ICE hot line a few times and each time no one answers. Does anyone have tips on what to do to get a faster answer? And I am not just reporting people because they appear to be ...

 Tax question Might have made mistake. Immigration?
In Feb, im illegal and my baby's father claims our daughter for taxes. Well, this year without telling him I let my sister claim her and we split the money. My sister who is legal. Will she get ...

 Canadian in the US (TIN)?
Does anyone know if a Canadian can register a TIN (Tax Identification Number) and open up a business in the US?...


 How can my friend who is an american citizen marry an asylum seeker in UK?
my friend is an american citizen and he wants to marry his girlfriend from uk but she claimed asylum in UK and he wants to take her over there to live with him.how can they do this?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, February 8, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links