Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Any changes in c1d visa holder status?
Find answers to your legal question.

Any changes in c1d visa holder status?

can i change my status in u.s. if i have c1d visa. i know it was impossible 1 year ago. any changes now? immigration attorney's answer would be appreciated

Knight (Brit in USA)
Latest version of I-485 still lists non-immigrant crewmen (C1d) visa as being ineligible to adjust status. I don't imagine this will ever change.

Fred S
An alien admitted as a C-1, a D-1 or a D-2 is not eligible under section 248 to change status. It has been this way for decades.

An alien admitted as a C-1 destined to join a vessel or admitted as a D-1 or a D-2 is not eligible to adjust status under section 245. It has been this way for decades.

It is unclear whether you hope someday to change status to another nonimmigrant classification or to adjust status to permanent resident. In either case, if you were admitted C-1, D-1 or D-2, you are not eligible for the benefit you seek.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it possible for a british person to live and work freely in ireland without applying for a visa?
I'm 16 and i'd like to live in ireland but i don't know if i need a visa or not. I'd like to know what age i'd need to be to move there too.

And does this also ...

How long a green card holder can stay out of USA without risking green card?

To live in the UK legally do I need a visa?
I was born in Russia and I grew up in France. I hold a Russian birth certificate and no passport (I never travelled abroad so I never needed one)
The thing is, I'm engaged to a wonderful ...

How exactly does Amnesty work for those in waiting?
Do those people who are going through the immigration process now just get dropped? How exactly does amnesty (in any system work)? What if you go through the process of finding a job that will ...

What are the main and most important Comprehensive Immigration Reforms leaded by Democrats/Pres.Obama/La Raza?

Additional Details
Undocumented Immigrants are not aliens nor illegals.
wash and watch your mouth.
This is America- Land of Immigrants-, love it or leave it....

I want to know if it is possible to work in the USA even if its tempoary from British citizen?
I have a friend in NYC and CA and would like to know If I can work in USA tempoary even? is this allowed? I would like to see USA and work for some time? what is the process please friends

Australian student visa?
is it possible to get an australian student visa in under 2 months with an indian passport?
Additional Details
is the australian student visa the hardest to get?...

How long after Croatia joins the EU will Croatians have to wait before they can work/live anywhere?
I have Canadian and Croatian citizenship (I live in Canada). Croatia will probably join the EU in about 2011, but I know that EU members can delay new nations from receiving full EU rights.

Once you become an american citizen can you still live in your home country?
once you become an american citizen can you still live in your home country?...

I just got back to the states from abroad what residence am in ?
I lived OR from middle school to high school, after freshman i went abroad to school. (abroad schooling for 5 years) Now i am back , i decided to live in WA. So am i a residence of OR or WA ? Cause ...

What US city has the most illegal mexicans?

How can i become a premanent resident thru marriage lincense?
If you anybody know more about this , i appriciate every one of your answers. what , how long does it takes, etc. thanks folks.
Additional Details
Well to add more to this question is ...

How do I get a United States passport (I am 17 and a citizen of the US)?
What do I need to get one?...

I am a U.S. citizen preparing to marry an Indian citizen here in America...I need advice!!!?
My sweetheart is coming from India to here on a B-1 visa and we plan to get married here in America. What procedures do we have to follow for this? What documents are needed? We only plan on living ...

How can I discover if my great grandfather became a naturalized US citizen or not?
He came in USA in 1916.After staying in America for almost 15 years,he went back to Albania,he got married and he never returned to USA. I dont know if he became a US citizen or not. How can I find ...

Should Muslim protesters(Luton Sky News) be deported.?
After calling our brave returning soldiers,murderers and butchers.No I am not racist but these people live in our country and should support our forces for trying to bring peace to the country these ...

If I did my biometric finger print in different location would that effecr my immigration application?
My attorney just applied to remove my conditional green card, and my address is in Utah and that where I filled the first time, They sent my an appointement to do my biometric appointement in C...

Do you think Obama's too calm to realise the american dream?
There are some things you do best in calm and some in storm....

If you had to emigrate where would you go?
You know if you were extradited or whatever? If you could go anywhere? (But you would have to live there for the rest of your life?) Or if you had the money would you go there to live anyway?...

Including my Wife on my GC application based employment?
I need your help guys.

Here is some info about me before I start.

PERM Approval Date: March 6th 09, EB2 – ROW, and LC Application date: July 14th 08
My I-485 processing ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links