Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Australian VISA expiration and validity?
Find answers to your legal question.

Australian VISA expiration and validity?

My female friend married an australian citizen here in the philippines around 7 years ago they were about to go to australia after the wedding but my friend change her mind and was left here after her husband left she didn't hear anything from her husband again. Now she wants to follow her husband to Australia but she's wondering if her visa is still valid..where can she check the status of her visa??? by the way she lost her passsport...

Ozmaniac
Rating
There is absolutely NO way her visa will still be valid after 7 years. Even Permanent Resident visas expire after 5 years if the holder stays out of the country, and for someone on a spouse visa who didn't ever validate her visa by travelling to Australia, it would have expired within the first 12 months.

If she has the required TFN number or password, she may be able to check her visa status at: http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/compliance/working-legally/evo-for-visa-holders.htm but she really should accept that it will definitely have expired ages ago.

If she has been living apart from her husband for 7 years, she has little chance of getting a new visa even with his co-operation and absolutely zero chance without it.

tuppenybitz
Rating
her visa has expired with little chance of getting a new one

jaspreet
i got spouse visa on 11th of june in came back to india in december because of some personal problem with my husband i want to check my visa status wheater its valid or t has been cancelled how can i check my visa status .if i don't ve TRN number?please reply

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How long does it take to renew your passport?
cause my passport has been expired since 2006 and i would like to know how long does it take to renew it and i am planing to visit the phillipines this coming april 2009. and i also would like to ...

If my Origin is Ukrainian can I obtain a passport there?
Parents where born in Ukraine prior to the first world war and I wish to have details of their birth certificates and obtain a Ukrainian passport. I live in Israel....

My fiancee and I are getting married.....?
He is american, i am english. We have decided we want to settle in America, how can i permanently live there once we are married? And how long could it take?...

I have alot of old papers I need to burn instead of throw out - how can i do this at home?
I don't have access to a fire place or any other means (bon fire, etc)
Additional Details
I can't shred them, there are to many and they are information sensitive....

How long does it take to receive a UK student visa?
I'm an American student and I am hopefully attending the University of St Andrews in Scotland in the fall, but I'm still waiting on other acceptance letters from other colleges. So, I'...

What do I need to do to move from the US to Canada?
I want move to Canada. Is this process difficult than moving from (Ontario ) Canada to the US?
This is a tough one because jobs are difficult to find, how is the situation in Ontario?

If I get divorced from Canadian spouse can I still apply for citizenship?
I still need one year and half to be able to apply for Canadian Citizenship, but I want divorce from him now....

If a person is born to an American parent in a foreign country, can he or she run for president?

Additional Details
e.g. my dad is british, my mom is american
still qualify?...

Ok my girlfriend is im mexico how i can i bring her to u.s.?
we are planning to get married i just want to know how long the process ...

What kind of visa do I need to make non paid volunteer work in the United States?
I'm travelling to the US with my family as tourists (I'm from Argentina), but I'm planning to stay for a month after they leave, making some volunteer work on ornithology. This is a ...

Is it possible for two illegal immigrants to obtain legal status from their American-born son?
In this situation two illegal immigrants came to America 25 years ago and got married and had a son, who is now 21. Can they get legal status through him? If so, how? Would it be probable?...

If an illegal migrant who lives in Australia wins a lottery will he or she be able to claim for the money?

How about the status of the work permit holder after she marry with the PR?
how about the status of the work permit holder after she marry with the PR?(if already have approval from MOM)

is it the work permit holder will automaticaly change the status become the P...

What did obama say he would do for immigrants?

If i have a child born in the U.S. and i not a permanent resident and i am asked to leave the country.?
cant i go in front of a immigration judge and plead my case that i have been here more then 20 years and have a child born in the U.S.?...

Interested in finding out of I can apply for British passport?
My father was born in Scotland in 1934, moved to Canada in the late 60's and became a Canadian Citizen in the early to mid 80;s. I was born in 1973. Can I apply for my British Passport by means ...

Is it illegal for you to stay in the US with an expired F1 visa but the I-20 form?
I have a friend. His F1 visa has been expired for a year, but his I-20 form is still working. Is it illegal for him to stay in the US? Which one, the visa or the I-20 form, is more important during ...

Engineer visa Vs Labor Visa?
Though i am an engineer, i got labor visa. But all the work and benefits will be as per agreed.
I like to know, whether it is possible to leave the company whenever i want later on? After how ...

F1 Visa (International Student) Restrictions of my social security number?
Hi, I am an international student in the US and I just got my Social Security. I was wondering if I can trade stocks online with this number; I would also like to know if I can work online. Thanks!...

Does hating undocumented immigrants make you a better American?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links