Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Can some1 who was an illegal immigrant but now been married to english girl for 6 years be deported?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can some1 who was an illegal immigrant but now been married to english girl for 6 years be deported?

ono
It all depends on the status of the person right now, and why they want to deport him.
Even if he is married, if he's not applied for the marriage visa, then that is same as still being illegal, so in that case, unfortunately he can be deported. Also if he has applied for the visa and has been rejected, and has not successfully appealed, then the same thing can be said.
Yet even though he once was an illegal immigrant, if he is legally married to an English girl now for 6 years, then he should well qualify for the marriage visa. So if he's not applied for it before, then he must apply now as soon as possible. And he must prove them that he has been legally married to this person for 6 years now, and the marriage is still in continue, and him and his wife live together.
Home Office should not deport him because he was an illegal immigrant once, as long as he has the right status now. So, whatever the reason for them to trying to deport him, he definitely needs to speak to a immigration lawyer to sort it out. There are many agencies that can settle down cases on no visa no fee bases, so try asking help from those. Check TNT magazine and its website for their adverts. Do not speak to Home Office about it, as they are least likely to be helpful.
And those are some links that might be useful.
Good luck.

?
Rating
yes

eilishaa
Marital status will not keep an illegal immigrant from being deported. It may make it easier for them to return legally, but even that is not assured.

Amanda
Yes they can.

lauriekins
Rating
Yes, of course. Marriage doesn't offer you idemnity against prosecution for illegal activity. Immigration officers may show some leniency, but they are in no way obliged to.

john n
illegal means against the law so I would say yes

Brian S
can and will.

crispy
in theory yes, but this government doesnt have the balls to it.
what normally happens is the relatives have a demo or petition, and the government says ... yeah ok, so you are illegal, so what, just stay.

MR. Alexxx
Rating
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyMoonlight!!
Rating
The English girl is an idiot for marrying this lowlife and allowing herself to be used this way.

We do not want more immigrants here.

He should be deported and she should go with him and try out life in a third world country.

Ellie P
i do hope so!!

xela
Rating
I was going to say I don't think so because that gives them a green card allowing them to stay in the country, but looking at the answers above i think i may be wrong...
Was that the way they used to do it?

aunty m
Rating
yes it is still possible to be deported.you need to contact the home office to resolve this.

poodle
hopefully

edison
Yes,& they will eventually catch you even if you changed your name.

TRUEBRIT
Rating
Yes an illegal immigrant is ALWAYS ILLEGAL DOH!!!

butterfly55freedom
You would be deported back to your home country. You could apply to enter legally as you are married but no insurance they will say yes.

Lawyer
Rating
Unfortunately yes!
My friend's husband was from Brazil but illegal immigrant. They were legally married here for 9 years.Last year he got deported.Now the only way to see his kids is his wife to go to Brazil...
UK refused him entry clearance

ken y
Rating
yes and should be
come here legally or go home

scull666
Rating
Yes

fidgetyfingers
Rating
Certainly can be deported - only a matter of time.

bert
Yes,the sooner the better! "marraige of convenience" springs to mind

Veritas
I hope so.

hakuna matata
Yes you can be deported. You obviously married an English girl to enable you to try and get permanent residency. She must be really stupid to have married you as marrying a foreigner usually ends in tears and another single mum for us to support. If you did get married for love you should take her and settle back in your country instead of staying here. You should have been deported by now and I hope they catch up with you soon.

jim22pb
yes, they will be hunted down and deported

MCP
Yes, what is his name and address?

keithmanley2000
doubt it very much law for one law for another

fair-and-squire
Rating
no

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why are anti illegals trying so hard to prove they are not racist?

Additional Details
Some of you need to learn to read, I didn't say anti illegals were racist....

Why the american hate the mexican?

Would you be in favor of a Nationwide ID card program?
I would imagine that there would always be those people who forget theirs, lose them, etc.

I think that would cause headaches, but anything to help end illegal immigration....

I'm sorry if my question offended you. Please will help tell me why it was offensive so it won't happen again
I just recieved a violation for inciting hatred and violence. I did not realise that my question did that .. So I make big apologies for all those I offended. It was not my intention to upset anyone.....

United Statesians, you say to Mexicans "get out of America", but Mexico is in America, where should they go?
Europe? Africa? Asia?
Additional Details
Did I said to someone that I am an immigrant?...

Why is it that every other country can come to america but mexicans can't?
people have a problem with illegal immigration, but what you dont realize is, there wouldnt be a problem if they didnt have to fight for the same opportunity that everybody else has. mexicans are ...

Would it be a good idea for the US to do to Mexico what it has >?
done in Iraq?The more I think about it the better it sounds.A major problem in Mexico is infrastructure.Alot of places don't have running water or decent roads.Why don't we go help out M...

Should we grant conditional legal status to undocumented workers with good moral character and 5 years in US?

Why do minorities make up the majority of prison populations?
Yeah,you can call this panchas stupid question of the day....

Why the minuteman are so coward, and why do they refuse to love Democracy and learn a second language?
What kind of retograde ideology to this project called minuteman have?
Who pays them?...

What are your views on illegal immigration?
most people dont offer up opinion because they dont want to deal with it at all. I feel for the people who have to cross the border, but when they send non taxed money back to their country it doesnt ...

If someone is against illegal immigration does that make them a racist?

Additional Details
I'm torn on this issue because how could someone not want someone else in there country without being racist. If it were white people coming to this country from ...

Why are some people hating Mexicans so much but they love our food?
It dont make sense to me. if u hate us so much then stop eatin and buyin the things that we make....

What state has benefited the most from having undocumented workers?

Additional Details
Wow, I'm getting honest answers, did the racists take Friday off from the site?...

Whose with me?
well done to Nick Griffen and the BNP,today you won a victory for free ...

What are the criteria for being British?

No illegals are you willing to pay $ 100 for lettuce $500 lb oranges $200 lb tomatoes $600 lb strawberries?

Why do people sterotype that the immigrants?
you know not all of them are from mexico
Additional Details
well ok grumpy old man illegal is ur azz happy now?...

Is asking to turn a neighbors music down at 2 AM racist?
Yesterday some of our neighbors down the street were having a party with very loud music (we live four houses down across the street and our walls were shaking). It didn't bother me at first, ...

How do you think the U.S. should handle the illegal immigration problem?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links