Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Do you consider illegal Mexican immigrants to be low class scum?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do you consider illegal Mexican immigrants to be low class scum?

Im getting that impression from many of you, that the people coming illegally are low class and poor criminals.

DAR
Rating
And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Mendi!

siervocal
Rating
Let's leave it as low class. If they were high or middle class in their home countries, they wouldn't be here.

RAWRRR =]
Rating
No, maybe their aren't better off but maybe they are trying to get a good life for their children or for themselves. Some are but I would like to think that they would want to come here because they want a better life. But because they are "illegals" they are criminals.

ZinaBeena
No, it's horrible to stereotype all lower class Mexicans into one group. Every group has criminals and scum but, every group also has successful caring and kind people. Remember God loves everyone.

Hadenough
Rating
No, I don't think most feel that way.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do" right" in spite of your feelings.

Do the right thing and you always prosper. Do the wrong (no matter what the reason) has got to have negative affects.

Don't make excuse for them.

If you care for others help them the right way not the wrong. You want them to be the best the can be. It might not be the easiest but it is always the right way.

wild_cobra427
No, not all. But they are illegal. That's what we're trying to control. Whether they are trying to better themselves or not, they're illegal. Simple.

Rambo
Rating
No just here ILLEGAL lots of great people came here from other countrys but it has to be done the right way BY THE LAW..,

Walter E
Rating
No, but by coming in illegally they are criminals by definition.

JD
Rating
Last July Fourth,
Mexico's EWE news service published an interview
With the celebrated Mexican novelist Elena Poniatowska
in which she noted:

"Mexico is at this moment
recovering territories it lost in the past to the United States
thanks to emigration.
The common people --
The poor, the uneducated, the dirty, the lice ridden, the roaches
are advancing on the United States,
a country that needs to speak Spanish
because it has 33.5 million Hispanics
who are imposing their culture,"
observed Poniatowska.
"Mexico is recovering the territories
yielded to the United States by means of migratory tactics."

I Did NOT Compose That Paragraph

celebrated Mexican novelist Elena Poniatowska Did

The common people --
The poor, the uneducated, the dirty, the lice ridden, the roaches
are advancing on the United States,

These Are The Sentiments Of Mexicos Own People
Toward Mexican Citizens

And I Agree With Her Statement

floydhonkie
Anyone who stereotypes all illegals is not basing their opinion on reality. Some are decent people, some are scum, just like some of the people here legally are decent and some are scum.
Illegals are putting themselves at risk by coming here, and they have none of the protections US citizens have. They should stay in Mexico and work to make Mexico better for the sake of the people there who they have left behind.

hydrogenknight
Typically, the new high influx of new immigrants is considered low class scum in the eyes of the American public. It happened with the high influx of the Irish in the 19th century and has with every new influx of immigrants. The only difference is that they're here illegally.

betterdeadthansorry
Rating
Personally I dont consider all who are illegal scum... that is a title I reserve for murderers, rapists, kidnappers, robbers, terrorists and traitors only (some of which may just coincidentally be illegal).

I would however much prefer it if they came in the legal way... many immigrants do come in legally so why cant they have the patience to do so? (its not like Mexico is a hell hole like North Korea anyway)

And by the way... check most of the arguments of the illegal-immigrant supporter camp... most of their arguments for illegals revolve around the fact that they are supposedly "low class poor folk".

John B
Rating
Amen to that they take away our jobs money and they dont pay taxes dam scum

katie
Rating
Yes.

CherokeeRose
They pretty much convinced us of that on their own. There may be a very tiny number of exceptions, very, very tiny.

And that BS about "they're just poor people trying to feed their families" is NO justification for ILLEGALLY crossing the border into the USA. I have YET to see an emaciated person coming across that border due to starvation. (they might be worn out or very thirsty or sick, but not STARVING) There are 4.6 BILLION people in the world who make LESS than the average Mexican. They would LOVE to come to the USA to get a "better life for their family". The USA is not the welfare check or homeless shelter for the world. IMMIGRATION is not the solution to poverty in the world. Poverty has to be dealt with IN THOSE countries. We can't bring all the poor people here. Mexico is no exception. THEY need to make MEXICO better THERE. Coming does not help MEXICO. Coming here does not help AFRICA's poor. Coming here does not help the poverty levels of ANY country. Poor people who immigrate (legally OR illegally) only drag the USA down to a poverty stricken country. The help we do doesn't make a dent in the poverty in their country but it DOES make a gigantic hole in the fabric of OUR country's environmental and economic structure.

zeepogee
Illegals are being made low class and scum by their own country and our greedy politicians and business people. W ake up illegals, you are hurting yourselves and your families. Go back and build your own country first, stop running away from your problems.

Pashta
Rating
No they're mostly not scum (of course I'm sure some of them must be, just like some of any group are), but they are coming over illegally and that is wrong and it's costing legal taxpayers money in the long run.

Illegal immgrants do NOT pay taxes.

America_YES
Don't put words into peoples mouths. It's a matter of LEGALITY!!!

pilljills
Rating
No, that's a stereotype. Maybe some of them are criminals because they have nothing.

dances with unicorns
No; I think they're people who just want a better life, and are doing what they can to get it.

DixieNormus
Rating
No, they're hard workers who need to pursue ways to get here legally. Coming here illegally and draining our public services, i.e., hospitals, schools, law enforcement, is what pisses off everyone who is here legally. Not to mention the underpayment of taxes.

If you know anyone who got here legally, as an immigrant, you'll appreciate their dedication and resolve. Ask a legal immigrant what they think.

whatareidoing
Rating
Scum-no Selfish-Yes

humorist_4_u
Rating
No, they are hard workers.

Rec
Rating
they are illegal but they aren't low class.

FoxAmericaLover!
Yes. I consider all criminals scum of the earth.. regardless of nationality..

fancyname
The people who are here without proper papers have commited a crime, they are not paying taxes but they are using this countries resources for free , inessence making others pay for their freedom and benefit. It is a type of theft. All thieves are low class, even rich theives, to have class means to have integrity and honor. There are poor people that are very high class. You are confusing class, poverty and crime.

WriteAndWrong
Rating
That's a rhetorical question~ A man can be judged by his actions!

silverearth1
Rating
no they are people like you and me just illegal!

Sway 26
Uh, well if sneaking in here to work for less than minimum wage is a step up the ladder for them, then yes I would consider then low class.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would you prefer the undocumented immigrants coming from Germany or from Mexico?

At what stage will you consider that Britain has no more room for immigrants?
I think we're full to bursting point already, but I'm seriously concerned that some Britons have been brainwashed into believing that there is plenty of room left for any foreigner who ...

Do you hate foreigners coming to work in your counrty?

In which states of USA the latinos outnumbered whites ?

How do you justify racism towards a white person?
If your skin is black or you are asian if u affend anyone from this race you are automatically called racist but if someone offends a white person no one blinks an eye lid why is this? how come ...

No one asked me if I wanted to live in a multi- racial society, yet here I am, surrounded. Is this democratic?

Do we need anymore immigrants in this country??
and what should tony blair and co be doing?...

Why do americans complain so often about illegal immigrants?
all they do is go to other countries where theyre not wanted....

What about the Mexicans?
what do you think about mexicans coming to the states i think they shoould have the rihgt to come back to there old ...

Who's hotter Shakira or Jlo?
And who can shake it more?
Additional Details
I'm so surprised that people keep saying JLo is old. 36 is not that old especially if you can look as good as her. JLo is only 7 years ...

Get rid of the illegals and...?
Okay, I say, give the illegals 30 days to get out or we will shoot them on site. Then, stop the welfare program, tell all those on it that there are an abundance of jobs available now. The willing ...

Is it time for mandatory identification cards?

Do Muslim women wear veils to hide their moustaches?

Why do people call Immigrants "Aliens"???
Surely Immigrants are just people; they live on earth just like us and are part of the same classification as we are, Humans . Why do people feel the need to refer to them in a disregardful term and ...

Illegal vs. legal?
Illegal vs. legal. Not too hard to understand for a person with even average intelligence. So why do so many of yu defend the illegal immigrant? If you are willing to defend this illegality, then you ...

Who do I call to report illegal mexicans... They are taking alot of good jobs??
My husband got fired in June because he made to much money. The company has always hired illegal mexicans. It is getting much worse.. Please help.....

If an immigrant can't or won't speak English, how does that hurt YOU personally?
....Other than extra cost to print Government Documents in other languages. That one I understand. I agree these should be printed exclusively in English. My question is this: how does using another ...

Why is it that 70% of Americans think immigrants should speak English fluently to become citizens?
I was watching 'Power of 10', a game show on TV tonight, and I was just appalled. I can't help but think this is unbridled racism and nothing else. Is American not a country that was ...

What do you think about letting immigrants who came legally stay?

Additional Details
what i mean is i know this family and they came legally by visa, but there time was over and they dont have a green card and they are staying in america....

How many of you actually VOTE?
A lot of people will sit here or there and spit out their political view and try to push their views upon others .. but do you ACTUALLY vote? (I know the illegals don't get to!)

I ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links