Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Do you need to be a US born citizen to become a Congressman?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do you need to be a US born citizen to become a Congressman?

Some one may be a US citizen by naturalization. Can a citizen by naturalization be a congressman?

Wayman B
No. According to the Constitution, the only office that requires you be a natural-born citizen is the Office of President.

Max Hoopla
Rating
You can be a naturalized citizen and be elected to congress.

Handy Andy
Yeah, you can,...you can come from Oaxaca HEMP farm to U.S. legally or get amnesty by lame brain congress, and become a congressman,...-it seems by the spacedout immigration laws they are conjuring there, after having "pot" parties, in congress-there already may be quite a few of illegals turned congressmen in capitol.

jake f
Rating
yes

firewomen
A member of the House of Representatives must be at least 25 years old, and a Senator must be at least 30.

You must have been a US citizen for a certain length of time—at least 9 years for a Senator and 7 for a House Member.

Finally, you must live in the state you represent. Can you imagine someone living in Hawaii representing the state of Alaska?

Daniel W
no just a citizen

DOLL FACE KELLY
Yeah i think

Precious Love
of course

Randy K
Who cares, we will elect a president without proof of citizenship!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Visa Cancellation for my family for whom i am the sponcer?
I came to UAE for 03 years in 2006. My visa will be expired in March. For my family (Wife+03 Kids) i sponcered them and they have stayed here for three years. Now i want to send them back to my ...

What is up with the border?
the southern boarder is a war zone americans are being kidnapped and killed , mexican illegal aliens are coming into our country and when they get caught they sue the people who catch them and the ...

What are the requirements to apply for a US immigrant visa?

What needs to do if a US citizen wants to become a Canadian citizen?
What is the procedure and requirement if I want to live in Canada and become Canadian citizen?...

N-445 form what is that mean?
i must bring?
1.this letter
2.green card
3.all Reentry permits or Refuee Travel Document in your possession
4 any other Immigration Documents you may have in your poessession.

Illegal Immigration ?
My boyfriend got stopped by a cop a few days ago, they took him to the station and then brought him to a detention center and called immigration. Immigration is coming within 3 days to pick him up ...

If I marry my boyfriend will he get his green card so he wont have to leave me and go back to Honduras?
Me and my boyfriend are getting married. We are totally in love and want to make it official. If I marry him will he get his green card so he doesnt have to go back to Honduras... and how could he ...

Study in USA on a Student Visa?
I want to do my final year in University in the USA, is it true you get up to a year to apply for and find a job if you want to after completing your degree?...

What did most new immigrants try to preserve from their former country in America?

Illegal Immigration Information?
I have a veryyy important question !!
My boyfriend is an illegal immigrant, who stayed here after his visa expired. He was stopped by a cop a couple of days ago and was brought to a detention ...

What is the cap on Green Card Visas?
???

Thanks!...

Non Alien Registration number?
I am a Canadian with a vacation property in Florida. I understand it is difficult to receive a non alien registra tion number for whatever reason? Can someone give me a reason why please? I plan to ...

WHAT IS A PASSPORT CARD AND CAN I USE IT TO ENTER OR EXIT A COUNTRY LIKE BAHAMAS OR U.S.A?
taking a cruise to the bahamas,will a passport card get me into the u.s.a. from the bahamas if i need to fly home in an emergency....

Is there such thing as a "Hispanic race"?
my teacher says NO...but...i think he is wrong......

Does anyone else wish they could emigrate from Britain ?

As an F-1 Student in the USA can i do volunteer work for a hospital or church ?

Do I need a visa or passport to study in Ireland?
I want to study in Ireland for 4 months. The Irish Embassy website states that I need a passport for up to 3 months, for any time longer I need a visa. But because I live in the US, not dependent ...

Question about K1 Fiance Visa?
In section 5a it says that I need provide copies that I met my fiance. What copies do they need? Passport showing I went? Photos of her and I together? Videos?

In section 5b it says ...

When applying for a discover card how long does it take before i know if im approved ? i apllied on the 17th?
i need someone to answer this that has a discover card so i will know how long it took them to get approved please resond ....

Question about unemployment?
Hi!
I was on H1B visa from last 3 yrs. I recently received my Green Card through marriage. I don't have a job from last 3 months. Should I eligible for unemployment? I live in PA.

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links