Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

How do Mexican Kids go to School in the USA?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do Mexican Kids go to School in the USA?

well so i live in San Diego so actually right next to the us - mexican border and in my high school there are so many mexicans crossing the border illegally in the morning going to school and than they are goin back to mexico after school How the hell does that work i mean if you enroll someone in a public school you need too show some kind of Proof of Residency ok that would be easy maybe a relative of em is living in san diego but then they would have too show proof of custody right ?
correct me if i am wrong i was just wondering u know

Shane
One because the Supreme Court mandated that US public schools teach the children of legal immigrants.
Two, schools generally do not check to see if students are legal residents of the district.
Three, the US foolishly gives birthright citizenship to the children of illegal aliens.

Birthright Citizenship
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/issues/birthright-citizenship.html

The United States currently grants automatic U.S. citizenship to almost all children born in the United States, regardless of whether the parents are U.S. citizens, legal residents, temporary visitors, or illegal aliens, Illegal-Immigration-Ruling Dec-07 in the United States. Some 380,000 children are born in the United States each year to illegal-alien mothers, according to U.S. Census data. The only exceptions to this automatic granting of citizenship are the children of foreign diplomats stationed in the United States, whose citizenship at birth is governed by international treaty.

"Anchor Babies"
The children born in the United States to illegal-alien mothers are often referred to as "anchor babies." Under current practice, these children are U.S. citizens at birth, simply because they were born on U.S. soil. They are called anchor babies because, as U.S. citizens, they become eligible to sponsor for legal immigration most of their relatives, including their illegal-alien mothers, when they turn 21 years of age, thus becoming the U.S. "anchor" for an extended immigrant family.

While there is no formal policy that forbids DHS from deporting the illegal-alien parents of children born in the U.S., they rarely are actually deported. In some cases, immigration judges make exceptions for the parents on the basis of their U.S.-born children and grant the parents legal status. In many cases, though, immigration officials choose not to initiate removal proceedings against illegal aliens with U.S.-born children, so they simply remain here illegally.

Thus, the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens not only represent additional U.S. population growth, but act as 'anchors' to eventually pull a large number of extended family members into the country legally. In fact, an entire industry has built up around the U.S. system of birthright citizenship. Thousands of pregnant women who are about to deliver come to the United States each year from countries as far away as South Korea and as near as Mexico so that they can give birth on U.S. soil. Some come legally as temporary visitors; others enter illegally. Once the child is born, they get a U.S. birth certificate and passport for the child, and their future link to this country is established and irreversible.

Fourteenth Amendment Debate

Birthright citizenship is based on the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which was originally enacted to ensure civil rights for the newly freed slaves after the Civil War. Section 1 of the Fourteenth Amendment states, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside."

A serious and scholarly debate has been on-going for years about whether illegal aliens (and temporary visitors) are, in fact, "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. Some scholars insist that the phrase has no real meaning of its own, but rather is essentially another way of saying "born in the United States." They believe the Fourteenth Amendment requires that any child born on U.S. soil be granted U.S. citizenship. Other scholars look to the legal traditions observed by most courts, including the presumption that all words used in a legislation are intended to have meaning (i.e., not simply be restatements) and that, if the meaning of a word or phrase is unclear or ambiguous, the congressional debate over the legislation may indicate the authors' intent. These scholars therefore presume that "subject to the jurisdiction" means something different from "born in the United States," so they have looked to the original Senate debate over the Fourteenth Amendment to determine its meaning. They conclude that the authors of the Fourteenth Amendment did NOT want to grant citizenship to every person who happened to be born on U.S. soil.

Professor Oglevee
Rating
I guess they use a false address. But its easy to get illegal kids into school because they dont ask for Social Security number. Also they dont ask about immigration status.

Time travler
They all get fake ID's or else they were born here, but their parents were not. I think it is disgusting. I have no idea anymore what kind of proof they need. When I went to school, you had to have not only a birth certificate, but a health record of your shots. Now, you need none of this. Just walk right in. BTW, I also live in California, born and raised. This is a sad state now. Such a waste.

youarewrongbobisright
Shane above has the right answer.

It is absolutely stupid.

Public education costs way over $12,000 per student per year. Illegal children cost far more because they get ESL instruction, free breakfast, free lunch, special assistance and other freebies. Most districts with heavy populations of "suspected" illegal children have costs that exceed $20,000 per year per kid. Taxpayers shouldn't have to shoulder this burden when our government is bankrupting us.

No illegal parent pays enough in taxes in their lifetime for one child's education yet they breed like crazy.

Many schools are failing just because they have to change their instruction to accommodate these kids. So the illegal kids get a education and American kids get left behind - again!

Desperate
Rating
Poor kids! I feel sorry for them, but they can not go Europe for get a REAL education!

fliege52000
Rating
Why are you not asking the school administration? You are right, this is not correct. I know too in US you need to have your soc.sec.#, shut records, resident address, birth certificate.
There is something not right...

JM
Rating
So is there a problem with this situation? I don't see any, since California is part of Mexico anyway, isn't it?

ARIZONACAT22
those kids come here and take my eduation away im 18 and tryin to graguate and its wron the teachers pay more attention to the illiegals than to me so im jus gonna start calling the migra

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How many "Natural Born" citizens reside in the U.S.?
How many citizens of the United States meet the requirements of Art. II of the Constitution regarding requirements to hold the office of President of the U.S.?...

What governmental issues encourage people to move to another country?
Please include source or explanation. Thanks!...

I want to ask a serious question am i british?
my father was rhodesian of anglo-scottish descent my mother is serbian but born in england and i was raised in south africa and served in the british army am i british?
Additional Details<...

Move from Canada to England?
My boyfriend of 7 years has recently decided he wants to move to England. I really don't want to sell our home and all our stuff and I really don't want to leave my family, we are really ...

Where in the world, aside from Canada, would it be considered fairly easy to emigrate to?
Just a curious question at the moment, but the idea grows and grows the worse it seems to get here....I think of it as a Plan "B"....

Can i go back to my own country?
i got the permanent resident card( green card) in US one year ago based on my asylum status.Can i go back to my own country where I fled from for a short visit to the relatives? will there be any ...

Can my boy friend come back?
my boyfriend got a DUI and hit and run when he got sent to mexico but they have him a court date for 2 moths after he got sent when he was trying to come back he got deported for 5 yrs can he come ...

How long does it take to receive a Fiance Visa?
My fiance lives in Ukraine and we got engaged this year. We want to get married around October November, so I wanted to ask, does anyone know how long it takes for him to receive the fiance visa?...

Can you get deported for a dui?
What if you went to jail for a couple days and you got out on bond with out an immigration detainer? what is the chance of getting deported when you go to court? Does getting a lawyer reduce your ...

What can i do to get visa for states? im romanian?

How can i get the navy to quite stealing money from me?
I was discharged from the navy in 2006. It wan an honorable discharge. I tried EVERYTHING to stay in and just get some shore time. I was a single father and was not offered the same courtesy to find ...

If I offer you my FTL spaceship and ask you to make intelligent alien contact how would you proceed?
their means of communication are different. you are not immune to their virus or bacterias.
If an alien came here who would they try to contact and how?
Any thoughts?...

How long does it take to get PR under new canadian immigration law under skilled worker?
I need to know about the new canadian immigration law which states that Federal Skilled worker who fall under NOC could immigrate in 6-12 months. I need to know if any one applied under this new law ...

How do you think Canada dependent on the USA ?

A question about quality of life in U.S/Australia/Canada?
Which of these countries do you think has the highest and the best quality of life:
U.S, Australia or Canada???

Please, use reasons and examples to support your response.

T...

While i am an European citizen dependent would it be possible for me to marry a British citizen here in the UK?

Additional Details
Hi Kuttysue, i am 37 yrs old (dependent)and my sponcer is over 40, my british girfriend is 34 would it be possible for us to get married here in UK?...

How does a canadian visa look like and in which form it comes?
How does the canadian visa look like and in which form it comes?...

Illegal Student Citizenship?
My long time cousin came to U.S when he was 6 and wants to know if he can get like a visa or a green card, i said i don't know because WELL i just dont know lol...he's also considering ...

How to make sure that an Immigration Consultant is genuine and trustworthy?
Do u have any license or such to make sure they are trustworthy?.
What are the other important thinga u have to look when approaching a consultatnt?...

American needs a birth certificate in MEXICO?
my sons girlfriend has gone to mexico without any ID or BIRTH CERTIFICATE.SHE IS AN AMERICAN how can she get back she has no family here in the US dad deceased.shes only sixteen yrs old.how is she ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links