Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

How does does illegal immigration affect society?
Find answers to your legal question.

How does does illegal immigration affect society?

ii need help with my english assignment

StoneCold
It is a crime to aid and abet illegals in this country. Despite what Greasy Tony, and the other pros will lead you to believe in their answers... It does affect society as a whole.

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)
http://www.mnforsustain.org/immigration_hiring_law_excerpts_from_us_code.htm

Agriprocessors and management criminally indicted
Charges include conspiracy, harboring illegal aliens, aggravated identity theft, document fraud and bank fraud
http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/0811/081121cedarrapids.htm

And let's not forget to mention that it causes foreign government interference from their country to ours.

Your #1 fan
Rating
It drains our healthcare system and welfare programs not because of them but because they have kids born here and the kids have rights under U.S. law.

brandon
1-adds to tax burden of legal citizens
2.brings more crime to society
3.brings more sickness and disease
4.applies pressure to bussness
5.lowers number of jobs to legal citizens
just to name a few

Hambone
Rating
In addition to what the others have said, simply put, it makes a mockery of the immigration laws we have in place. I'm sure you've heard that our infrastructure is in need of serious repair. Part of the reason that it is in the shape that its in is because it is roughly used 10% more than it was intended to be used (illegals make up roughly 10% of OUR nation). One of the most important things that should be considered is should they be given amnesty, effectively making them citizens, they would have the ability to vote. Keeping in mind that they have no true obligation to our country (only to themselves). They have already shown that they do not have respect for our laws (by coming here illegally in the first place), and voting would give them the ability to create laws that will affect all of us.

Here are a couple links about MS13 - a central American gang that are the equivalent to (or worse than) the bloods and crypts and are spreading out to various US cities/suburbs... Article does not say "illegal" but if you do your digging you will be able to find more info.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/01/60minutes/main1090941.shtml
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-01-05-gang-grows_x.htm

poppyg
Rating
Crime, drug abuse, real estate devaluation, higher taxes, third world politics, school overcrowding, prison overcrowding, low salaries, increased welfare, increase in medical costs. Just to name a few effects. But some moron will say that people who are against illegal immigration are racists.

Joel W
Rating
http://www.illegalaliens.us
http://www.fairus.org
http://www.cis.org

Particularly...
http://www.numbersusa.com

and,

http://www.heritage.org/research/immigration/

ICE 'em
It only affects society in a negative way. They help cause crowding, they live 15 plus to a house which in turn causes property values to drop, they use our public schools and cost alot of money for the special programs, they abuse our hospitals by not paying their bills and using the E.R. as their primary care physician, they use our welfare system that they do not pay into to support the kids they cant, etc. The negatives go on and on.

mikea_va
Rating
Illegals increase crime rates, steal jobs, hurt the economy, put a financial burden on schools and hospitals, don't pay all taxes, don't bother learning English, don't try to become citizens, etc.

Tryad
Give me your email, and I can send you information.

Nameless
People that have nothing else to do keep repeating these stupid questions here...

Ms. M
You should know that this is a loaded question...and that there are two wildly different answers people will give you.

GreasyTony
Rating
It helps it in many ways. The only people that really say it affects us negatively are the ones that are full of hate towards people of color, and have no clue how the economy benefits from illegal immigration.

There is NO correlation with immigration and crime, and some reports even show us that areas with more immigrants are safer.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1717575,00.html
Immigration: No Correlation With Crime

The new report even bolsters claims by some academics that increased immigration makes the United States safer. A second study, released earlier this month by Washington-based nonprofit Immigration Policy Center, found that on the national level, U.S.-born men ages 18-39 are five times more likely to be incarcerated than are their foreign-born peers. And, while the number of illegal immigrants in the country doubled between 1994 and 2005, violent crime declined by nearly 35% and property crimes by 26% over the same period.

donna
Rating
they will work any job they are not scared of hard work like most americans if they were not here we would not eat so leave them a lone the government should pick 30 people who are americans from ages19 to 30 and they will see who will keep working in the Field's for the picking seasons

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How do I get a passport, never had one before?
I want to relocate to Ghana w. Africa, What innoculations will I need
Additional Details
I am a U.S. citizen, wishing to relocate to G...

I am an Australian on Working Holiday Visa - Does this make me a Canadian Resident for tax purposes?
I'm Australian that is in Canada on a working holiday visa. Does this make me a Canadian resident for Canadian tax purposes?...

Brown wants Pakistan to do more to prevent terrorists entering UK on student visas. Have I missed something?
I don't pretend to be the brightest person on Answers Personally would have thought that he protection of UK borders was the responsibility of the UK Government not Pakistan.

Is ...

Who is the best immigration lawyer in the USA?
Please i need to have the name(s) ans contact details for the best immigration lawyer in the USA URGENTLY....
I need an advise regarding my visa application.
PLEASE HELP!!...

I need to understand the rights of a holder of an employment permit and residence visa in China.?
I have been working for a newly established company in Shanghai for about six months now and because of budget problems they wanted to cut me back to part-time. I was not able to accept the ...

My BIA appeal is denied, What should I do now?
Immigration judge ordered me deported in 2007 because Immigration wasn't fast enough to respond to my case. Then we appeal to BIA, Now recently I received a "deniel of my appeal" ...

How to become a citizen of UK?

Why brits people is racist with muslims?
It is a religion, not a problem
Additional Details
im argentine but im C...

Obama wants to legalize illegal immigrants. The news says this is for 21 millions votes. Please discuss?
Would this be to help the Democrats get votes in the next election? What happens when illegals become citizens and want to unionize to make $10 an hour to do the jobs they already do for a few bucks? ...

My wife is canadian I am american she want to be a citisen?
we have been married for almost4 years and have our third child together on the way. the work visa thing is killing us finantialy. how do we apply for her to just get her citizen ship. she was maried ...

How to apply Visit Visa for UK?
Hello Friends,

Currently I am working as IT Manger (Technical) in UAE, one of my friend living to U.K.
Q. I also want to work & live U.K. so can anyone let me know how can I first ...

Extension of 4 yr UK Ancestry Visa for Indefinate Leave to Remain?
I am from NZ, have a 4 yr UK ancestry visa and need a 1 yr extension to apply for ILR. Can I do this and how much? We are a family of 5 (children's ages being 18yrs, 16yrs and 5yrs)....

If you have been denied a position?
if you have being discriminated against by an employer denying you a position/promotion and given it to someone who is white and with same qualification as you, do you need to proof what damage that ...

Does it make you just want to cry your eyes out over how bad illegals are treated here in the USA?
Its the land of milk and honey and they don't even have to pay for it The American dream.
Additional Details
ALL RIGHT some true americans I knew you where out there.Im so sick of ...

Please explain to me why we need immigration of any kind?
We do not owe it to anybody first off. Other countries owe it to U.S. citizens that we can visit, work or go to school there safely and under better conditions than exist in the U.S.

We ...

As a holder of a Canadian permanent resident card, can I cross US border without a visa?
when I become a permanent resident, am I eligible to get a Canadian passport? Only a permanent card is enough to "friendly" cross the US border?...

Who of American people is married with foreigner?
If you have brought your wife or hasband from oversee please tell me how much does government checks your marrage and visits you at home?...

H1B Cancellation on Domestic Voilance?
My sister is have lot of trouble with her husband. He is torturing her. Now they have come to agreement that my sister go to india and stay there for 6 months then her husband would bring her back to ...

I am Canadian but lived in the USA since I was 2. I will be 19 in 3 months. Can I still get my baby bonus?
I have been in America a little over 16 years. I am a Canadian. I know I can get my baby bonus back payed for 2 years but am I too late to get it now? I will be 19 in July. I am in need of that money ...

How long does he have to wait before he can come back?
Ok my boyfriend is from Denmark and he is coming to the US using his passport. So that gives him 90 days here. After his 90 days how long does he have to wait before he can reenter the US....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links