Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

How long American citizen can live in India on tuorist visa after get marry with Indian national?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long American citizen can live in India on tuorist visa after get marry with Indian national?

I am Indian national and get marry with my American citizen girlfriend here in India. She came here on six month tourist visa. How long she can live in India or can extend her visa duration after get marry with Indian national?

vijay m Indian Lawyer
Rating
Marriage with US citizen in a proper manner is firstly required,which can be in the civil form under the Special Marriage Act,1954 or according to Hindu form if both parties are Hindus by religion & then get the Marriage Registered under the Hindu Marriage Act,1955. Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains are included in the Category of Hindus under the Hindu Marriage Act,1955.
On the basis of valid marriage certificate issued by the Marriage Officer/Registrar the visa of the US spouse can be got extended up to five years or she can apply for PIO (Person of Indian Origin ) card on the basis of her marriage to an Indian citizen, thus getting benefits of her countinues stay in India without any visa or her frequent visit to India without any visa.

jack10
marine 5's answer is perfect.

also u can contact indian passport agents and they will help u if u pay money to extend her visa.at any case pls do not over stay.
u can apply for an indian spouse visa for her.

Marine5
Rating
Till the VISA expires...End of Story...
Her Husband Cannot accompany her
upon her Return to the USA...

She has to file for a Marriage VISA for him...
He must remain out of the Country until it
is processed...

If she or him do not meet the VISA requirements
He will not be allowed into the USA...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Immigration in australia?
I am from Korea and my soon to be hubby is a Australian. I just found out that he got a criminal record and due to he fail to report to the police he now face going to jail. Will this effect my ...

I m a permanent resident of Australia, so can i get my girlfriend here on a Visit Visa and get married to her?
Can she then get a spouse visa and stay here with me. Will the Australian embassy make inquires at her Indian resident Address.?
As she will be leaving the house against her parents wishes.. ...

Can anyone explain to me a 'Super Drivers License'? (Seattle area?)?
I recently heard about a Super Drivers License, with allowances to the Canadian border. What exactly is this? and does Washington have any extra benefits with border/immigration?
Thank ...

What are requirement to work in Canada for Foreign Educated (Indian GNM Diploma) Nurse?
I am a Registered Nurse in India I have done General Nursing and Midwifery 3 years fulltime diploma course, and I have 5 years plus experience. Recently I have also given academic IELTS exam and ...

Tell me status of application no 046614016?

I complited my medical on 17/03/2009 how many time i will got the visa?

How long it will take if you are petition by step parent?
how long it will take if you are petition by step parent

my step father petition me as immediate relative of USC
I am 15 yrs old
how long is the process
im from the ...

Which of the following is not among the reasons that Mexican immigrants?
Which of the following is not among the reasons that Mexican immigrants were for a long time slow to become American citizens?

A Most lived very close to Mexico and remained ...

Is it true they need only 7 more votes to pass the Dream Act? someone on elections is saying that?
http://answers.yahoo.com Details
Hey, Chee, blossoming as always!

Do you like the G...

What would you do if you rescued immigrants?
ok so i was wondering if like if you were out fishing and a group of people trying to make it to the U.S. came into view on a raft ... i mean i couldn't just leave someone out there to die so ...

Was arrested once... would that affect application to be US Citizen?
I'm 22 now, been in the USA since I was 11 (in 1997) and been a permanent resident since january 2004.

Problem is, around when I was 13 or 14, I got in with a bad group of friends, so ...

I know someone who rapes cats in my family. im scared for them! is it illegal to do this?

Should i get a Pomerania?
Do like these dogs bark loud? How long do they live?
what do they do? I dont know if i should get this dog....

What forms of discrimination would immigrants experience?

Was OBAMA's FATHER an illegal alien?
Was that covered during the elections?...

Do you think America can survive without "legal" immigrants?
As I know I'm here from other country and I'm legally settledown in this country. Right now I pay my tax on time and in full. My neighbour is an American who earn as much as me but only pay ...

What are some reasons that immigrants should be able to live in America?
I have a project and i chose this option; so that i could support it because i don't think it's right that people should be deported from their lives....

How do Americans unite to stop illegal immigration?
Other countries have policies to prevent illegal immigration and resident population growth. The U.S. is being abused by illegal immigrants and the country's population growth is unsustainable. H...

From what country emigrate the largest amount of immigrants to Britain?
From what country emigrate the largest amount of immigrants to Britain? I know Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, and Africans are amongst the highest. But which one is the highest? Just ...

About the 212(E) rule?
What exactly does the 2yr rule mean? I came to the US on a J-1 visa. I understand that I need to apply for a waiver. If I don't, then does that mean I will have to go back home and wait for 2yrs ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links