Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

If you are an illegal alien in the US, and have a US born child, does your status change? ?
Find answers to your legal question.

If you are an illegal alien in the US, and have a US born child, does your status change? ?

Additional Details
Okay second part....
If I get kicked out, does that mean my kid goes into foster care?

Dirty Martini
Rating
Yes....you move from criminal illegal alien to leeching criminal illegal alien.....you give birth at our expense, and expect us to educate the kid too.

Aint life grand?

Mr. Taco
Rating
Nope. Your kid can be an American citizen... but you're still an illegal alien.

Sidepocket8ball
Rating
Wish illegals would stop trying to use babies as anchors to stay in the US.

Sai
No. Which is kind of a problem for a lot of people.... a mom can have a whole family, all citizens, and still get kicked out.

betty boop
Rating
No

Sasori
Rating
Your status does not change, you are still illegal.
If you are deported your child will go into foster care, unless you take them with you.

Morbius
Rating
No. The child is a US citizen but your status doesn't change. There is no reason that you can't take the child with you if you are deported. Most likely the child will attain citizenship in your native country while retaining their US citizenship.

Don Juan
Rating
I know it kind of shouldn't be this way, but until her child doesn't turns 21 years old, she can not get her status changed. After he reaches that age they can start the process. but not until then

Leon M
Yes, the baby becomes an "anchor" baby. Meaning that it would be against your human rights to forcibly remove you from your baby and keep the baby in the USA whilst forcing the mother to leave. The baby would naturally become a US citizen. It's virtually impossible to remove mother and child or force a US citizen, the child, back to another country.
Hence the fact that hundreds of thousands of Latinos and many other thousands flock to the USA to have babies.

Who can blame them!

No Amnesty
Rating
Nope, but you are free to take your baggage with you.... Happy travels.....

g man w
Rating
nope, you still an illegal with a child that is a us citizen.

DAR
Rating
no

rlstaehle
Rating
Nope.

There is nothing that prevents you from taking your children with you.

Pip S
Only in the rare case in which you entered legally with a visa, have a child who is 21 years old and can prove they can financially support them, have no removal orders, did not enter with a K visa, and if they entered on a J visa they have to get a wavier.

As you can see the rules are pretty picky and it's the rare person who qualifies.

D girl
No, it doesn't change your status automatically, but I think, you can apply for a green card through your immediate relative (which is your child in this case). You can always bring immediate relatives to this country so I don't see why can't you not adjust your status after your child. I would talk to an attorney about it.

pianojangee
No, having a baby in US doesn't give you any legal status for you. Your baby could petition you when s/he becomes 21 years of age. Still with your many years of illegal presence in US, it will be very difficult for you to obtain gree card even with your child's petition.

You have choice of bringing baby with you to your country or the Social Service will take the baby into the system.

jamie
well i have a friend that was caught by police and he has a little boy born in the u.s. and he got deported
and i called lawyer and asked why they said since 9/11 that immigration has cracked down and now it does not matter if child is born in the u.s. ,yes the boy is american but dad is not mand he had a choice leave son in the u.s. or take his boy back to mexico and live there.

Norman O
Rating
Nope. Kid stays, you are gone. Should have obeyed the laws. Too late now.

Jeannie Out of the Bottle
Rating
If an illegal alien with an American born child is deported, they are allowed to take their child with them. It is false propaganda that they may not do so. The child will able to return to the US at any time in the future.

Having a baby in the US does not grant status to an illegal alien.

t79a
No. It depends on whether or not your child has citizenship through you or has to be born on that soil. If the child had dual citizenship it can go with you, otherwise you'll be filling out a lot of forms, we do not separate families lightly. Does the child have citizenship from birth on this soil or through the father or both. If it's only through the father, he has to file for you, if it's from birth on US soil, then you can apply. It's very costly.

GreasyTony
Rating
Unfortunately No! on the first part.

Your child gets put into a group home that supports children of illegals left behind.

bahebak
no sweetie it doesn't. if your a immigrant from another country, you will eventually have to go back or get caught. if you and the father get caught with out yous being legal resident of the usa, you guys will be put in jail here and then transfer you to your country jail, and your kids will be taken away if nobody else is left to care for them. think really hard sweetie

laura
is there a new law for ilegals that have us citizen kids,which they can fight to satay in us

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What harm are the illegals to this country? Why should we deport them? Is it fair?
You bet it is. Why? Illegal means illegal. If you break the law, you must pay. This is the harm that illegals are causing to this country: Bankrupting hospitals and schools, making other citizens pay ...

Are the illegal hispanic aliens actually insurgents planted by Osama?
IS that why we don't hear from Osama anymore: he finished his evil plot by planting hispanics to destroy America? I notice that neighborhoods where hispanics move in look like they were nuked!! O...

Why dont immigrants stay in their country and make things better there?
not everyone can fit in 1 country, and its worse off
Additional Details
why does this question make me a bigot?
people need to bring themselves up, now lower everyone else ...

Why are you here?
If this is the immigration section of yahoo answers, why are you here? Go somewhere else were they have ILLEGAL immigration....

Why........?
...should the children of illegal immigrants that were born on U.S. soil be deprted?

think about this. the onlt reason people do not like illegal immigrants is because they did not enter ...

What color would you paint the border fence? Each side?

Ready for a protest of our own?? ILLEGAL immigrants ARE CRIMINALS!!?
I think it's time that we, THE LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS, take a stand against these criminals in our country. They want to protest in the streets? SO CAN WE!! And NO, I am not nor have I ever ...

Who really was the the first people in the USA?
if you are smart then you said the right thing ! it was not you people who are saying go back to where you came from it was the indians. so if we start sending peopl back where would you go because ...

The dingo revolution. Ignorant illegals pour into our country daily, the political winds now say that anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/w
dares to speak out against this can be labeled easily as racist, bigot etc. America stands at a crossroads. It either controls its sovereignty by ...

Are the lawns done and is your toilet clean yet?
than I think it is time to go home. Unless many of the supporters still have a pot of crap to say. I think we heard it all already. Agree or disagree?...

Does mainstream America know the difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal immigrant? Are U sure?
About every day I see a people on television, radio, in my work break room, on the net (including answers.yahoo.com) etc. discussing immigration. One person may mention that they have their "...

Why don't these immigrants assimilate into the American culture?
I am Mexican-American, i was born in the US and I am deeply assimilated in the American culture. My parents know that learning English is something that all immigrants should be doing. It's just ...

For everyone whose against illegal immigration..?
would you be willing to have a peaceful protest every weekend until the right immigration law is passed to curb immigration?
Additional Details
im sorry, to curb ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. LEGA...

Did you know there's a wave of new discrimination going on?
I coined the phrase myself..its called language discrimination. Whenever you see signs posted Spanish asking for workers, that means they are discriminating against English speaking that do not know ...

Should we put razor wire and sniper towers on the border?

Do you remember this story and does it apply to the illegal issue we face in America...?
Do you remember the story of the "Camel in the Tent"?

In the Arabian desert a nomad set up his tent to settle in for the night. His camel approached the tent door and said,
<...

Is illegal immigration caused by Mexicans having children that they can't support?
In poorer nations, why should people have kids if they cannot support them. It doesn't seem fair to burden the child like that. Not to mention everyone else. I can see having one kid, because ...

Should we bow to the inevitable and make SPANISH our official language in the United States of America?
It would make our beloved illegal aliens feel more at home, wouldn't it?
Additional Details
The U.S. Congress has the power to make ANY language the OFFICIAL LANGUAGE of our nation ...

How will giving illegal immigrans legal status benefit america?

How do you stand on illegal immigration?
Once I heard it was good for the economy, if you believe so, tell me why? What is your opinion on all the whole issue....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links