Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Pregnant with tourist visa in USA without insurance and income?
Find answers to your legal question.

Pregnant with tourist visa in USA without insurance and income?

I will be due in less than one month . I am currently on a tourist visa in the US staying with my sister and will be delivering at the hospital in the same town. Unfortunately I will not be able to pay as I have no insurance and am unemployed. Will all my hospital expenses be taken care by charity care ? I am under the impression that the hospital will not release my baby till I pay them the entire bill. Is this true ?
i want to get answers from people they went throw this experience ,

P.S This was not planned !


I.C.E. Man
I suggest you go back to your own country to have your child and not expect the American Tax payers to pick up your bill

Isn't a tourist visa only 90 days at a time???? You shouldn't be having your baby here, you should have it where you live.

you will have to pay ALL your medical expenses yourself

wow you must be on a long tourist visa if this wasn't planned

your only a tourist so why cant you go home to your country to have the baby?

Why am I not surprised another parasite that my tax dollars have to pay for. You and your unborn evil spawn

Why didn't you go home when you found out you were pregnant.
It shouldn't be the responsibility of the US taxpayers to foot the bill for the birth of your child,but looks like it will be.
Charity isn't free,someone has to pay for it. Why not make arrangements to pay the bill yourself so I don't have to.

That's why we can't have nice things.

Yes, you will have to pay your bills. Or your sister will have to pay if she sponsored you to be able to stay for more than 90 days

You should go back home and give birth in your own country

You will have to sneak out of the hospital with the baby because you are expected to be responsible for your own bills when you come here as a tourist. Really, you may be better off going back to your own country before the baby comes.

To get your tourist visa, your sister may have had to accept responsibility for you and she may get stuck with the bill. She will definitely get a lot of calls from people trying to nail her for it.

And if you do have the baby in the US, it will be a US citizen. However it cannot sponsor you to live here until it is 21 years old.

I agree you should go back to whatever country you came from and have your kid there, but I don't know what these other people are talking about regarding paying the hospital. Two-thirds of illegal hispanic births are stuck to tax payers because the parents just don't pay. Who thinks these people are actually paying hospitals? Why do you think so many hospitals and ERs are going bankrupt? (Not that I agree with this, on the contrary I despise it and think they should all be deported and the "anchor baby" law struck down for good.)

They can't keep your baby from you. However, you will be required to pay the bills somehow. You don't automatically get charity to pay for things. Maybe if you go find some charity group, but why can't you go home and have your baby? If you're from a country that pays for health care then that is what you should do. Or are you just trying to take advantage of the citizenship laws for your baby by having it here? Either way, you won't be able to stay even if your baby can. Would you want to leave it here?

I'm not an expert on this,however I would suggest you take a tour here http://www.insuranceidea.info/free-insurance.htm ,there are expert's tips there.

hi, one thing is definite that ur baby will be US citizen and secondly hospital will not keep ur baby for the bills or will not create any problem for u as they will let u go home without any problem but still they will bill u or if ur sis signs the financial form they will take money from her. But the best thing i will suggest u to : 1. contact the social worker in the hospital and tell her u dont and cannot work as ur tourist n she will help u. 2. if u contact the local state office as they will send u medical coupons n will cover ur expenses as they have a law in which they cover all pregnancy charges for the tourists and they will take a copy of ur visa and passport and u will be done and neither u or ur sis will have to pay for it. BUT HERE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM AS WHEN U WILL ENTER US NEXT TIME THEY WILL ASK U ABT UR PREGNANCY AND WHO PAID FOR IT AND THEY WILL COME TO KNOW ABOUT THE FACT THEY WILL / CAN REFUSE UR ENTRY AND WILL/CAN CANCEL UR VISA.

Walter Martinez
Hi, advise by Bawa, is correct, I want to let you know that me as a delivery doctor, the hospital will not keep your baby, but someone will co-sign for the hospital expenses it must be a US citizen, or you can say that you don't have kins and they will let you pass, please ignore the incompetence of some comments, I assure you that those are people that don't have a job or either pick up welfare. I understand your situation beacuse my sister did the same, she rather have a US citizen rather than slum country we lived. I wish good luck in your delivery, and keep in mind take those prenatal and walk 15 minutes a day for an easier delivery.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 How can I participate in lattary in america?
lottery to get a greencard to live in ...

 What type of immunization for green card?
My husband & I need to get immunization for green card. Since the civil sergeons are not covered by insurance we need to do immunization with insurance where covered by insurance. Do you know ...

 Immigration Checkpoints?
Are there any immigration checkpoints from California to ...

 When is obama gonna do something about immigration?
i've heard its gonna be a few more years. but seriously i really cant wait that long, i am not an immigrant but my best friend is and she lives in utah here with me and starting july of this ...

 Applying for passport for 4 mth infant. Do I need to take baby's thumb impression on the appl. form?
Where do both parents sign on the minor's passport application form ?...

 Girlfriend pregnant in usa im from uk how do i move there?
i have been with my girlfriend in usa for over a year now and she just announced she pregnant but im from the uk i want to move there to support my future family but iv tried looking at green cards ...

 Want to immigrate from South Africa, but to where?
I finished school, and have been working as a receptionist/secretary for 3 years now at a book keeping company.

I need to get out of this country, where can I go that isn't too ...

 If you were President of Mexico, what would you do to reduce illegal immigration from Mexico to U.S.?

 Immigration Visa Question!?
I'm an American living in Brazil for one year now and I am planning on moving back to the US so I'm starting the visa process for my wife, but I have been working and living here in Brazil ...

 Chinese immigration to asutralia ?
when did the chinese immigrant to australia? What problems did they incounted when they went to ...

 IMMIGRATION.Although i agree it is out of control,and often to the detriment of the UK,with many freeloaders?
arriving daily and procreating with unfortunate vigour,there is another side to the story.What about all the wonderful overseas Doctors and Surgeons who daily save our lives,and those close to us,...

 Hi, How do I certify copy of my passport in UK? I am Pakistani citizen in Uk. My wife need it to apply Visa?
I am Pakistani citizen working in Uk. My wife need it to apply for dependent Visa. Is there is any specific Form to complete.
Thank ...

 UK Marriage visa............?
UK Marriage Visa Preparation?
Hi. Iím getting married this summer to a foreign national and just want to ask people that have done it before what the process is like and what evidence to prove ...

 I need ECNR within 24 hours from passport office what i can do via online?
may i do this online within 24...

 I have been deported from The UK 2 years ago to France (I am French citizen) Can I go back to The UK? Thanks?

 A question about america kinda i guess?
hey im only 15 but in my other question about my dream of acting and such im sure i would need to become an american citizin before i could act.how exactly would i be able to do this? (im currently ...

 Is the green card a people to get more money for the money they made?
are the slaves make more money?
usa tell us the free world is there ?
american dream ...

 What are the medical complications of immigrants?
coming into other countries, around the world, this is includes, human trafficking, illegal border crossing, disease carrying, lack of medical insurance, etc?


 Should I renew my toddler's passport because of his picture?
We got a passport for my son when he was just 3 weeks old. He's now 19 months and looks nothing like his newborn picture. Not even the eye color matches (went from gray to blue). Should I ...

 About illegal immigration?
it say's illegal before immigration so how is it legal for them to do"ANYTHING" legally in this ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, February 14, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links