Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

UK passport application-Supporting documents?
Find answers to your legal question.

UK passport application-Supporting documents?

Im sending off my first adult passport today (ive already had a child one though) but it tells me to send off the supporting documents such as birth certificates etc, ive been told that i dont need to send these off with the passport application and photo's etc and that i can take them with me to the interview when it is accepted or not, is this true, has anyone done this before? or should i photocopy and send them off now

GPapenburg
For a UK passport you may use the passport renewal if

• your last passport was a standard adult 10-year passport or a 5-year child's passport, issued before you were 16.
• you still have your last passport and
• your passport is not damaged and
• you do not need to change your name or national status

To renew your passport you will need

• completed application form
• your current passport or the last passport you used
• two identical passport photos, one certified¹ if necessary
• payment.

¹ = You need to get your form countersigned and a photograph certified only if your appearance has changed so much that it would be difficult to recognise you from the photograph in your last or current passport.

Birth certicates and supporting stuff are not required for a passport renewal, nor is an interview required.

Source(s):
http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-renewing-eligible.asp#
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/answer?qid=20090401045409AASpFwt
http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-photos-validating.asp

cole
i have just received mine and i had to send the original birth certificate and photos along with all the relevant information.then i had the interview.hope this helps you.good luck.

spider1138
Do what it says on the application form......

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Immigration in australia?
I have apply to get a spouse visa wondering will it be effect due to my future hubby could be going to jail for 2year for something he did in the past ?
Additional Details
I the one ...

Can I become a British citizen and get a British passport?
I was born in 1987 in Australia to an Australian father and British mother (both by birth). I am an Australian citizen but a resident of Canada. Can I get British citizenship and a British passport? I...

How would that possible to change TWES visa into student visa in UK?
i've been staying in UK for nearly 2years, i'd like to extend my visa by changing them into student visa, would that be possible?...

What is H2B visa? how long is your stay if you have H2b visa?

Please help im wondering how long it will take me to get a Green Card for the U.S?
hi everyone im a Canadian Citizen and im wanting to join the United States Army .
My friend thats in the military in the States says i have to get a green card to join the army but he cant tell ...

How do chinese immigrants keep their culture alive living in new zealand?

Will be there any problem for my green card application process if i foreclose my conominium?
I am on student visa and I have a condo in florida and I missed couple of payments and I am worried it might be foreclosed soon.I am planning to do adjustment of my status for green card here thru ...

Looking for movie called "Border movie" by Chris burgard?
Hello there i live in Canada and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find the movie called "Border Movie" by chris Burgard is there a website i could find it on because i went to ...

Tier 1 general visa for the UK?
Once you get a Tier 1 general visa to work in the UK , is there a time period in which you have to land there? I have searched every word on the site and it does not say it anywhere. Can anyone ...

How do I renew my expired visa and passport?
I came to the US as a child. I have a passport and visa, but both are expired. Am I still a resident? How do I get them renewed and what's the cost? I want to apply for my green card....

Hi. after receiving your greencard you and your spouse do you have to go to the immigration for an interview?
hi. after receving your greencard does the wife and husband have to go to the immigration for an interview??? thank ...

How was a mexican treated back in the gold rush?
discriminated against?
work day and night in search for gold?
A REAL ANSWER NOT MADE UP PLEASE!...

Would I be considered an Australian "permanent resident"?
I'm a New Zealander who moved over to Australia in 2008 to do my 3 year PhD. I'm obviously being taxed as a permanent resident in Australia.

Am I therefore classed as a permanent ...

Are there any other foreign passport renewal places outside of New York?
I need to renew my passport, and im an immigrant with a permanent resident card, so I need to renew my passport and it is quite a hassle to go to New York to renew my ...

Where do I find the visa number in a J-1 or J-2 visa?
We had stapled in visa's called 19-4 A departure records, which had a ten digit departure number on it. But that was removed when we left the US to come back to Canada. Now we only have stamps ...

Why do we need immigration controls?
isn't it just stopping workers moving to find jobs and is racsit becuse iit impleis we prefer one perso n t oanother....

Is it possible that my fiancee apply for a K1 visa even though we didn't meet yet in person in less than 2 yrs?
because my fiancee is working in a government under us army so there is no chance for us to meet in person unless its possible for him to apply K1 visa but the requirement should meet in person for ...

Can i get a travel document in immigration?
i need to go back in philippine but when i renew my passport in philippine embassy in washinton dc.i never get a respond....

How are illegal immigrants caught?
What are some of the main ways they are caught once they are here in the US?...

Is it possible to ship bubblegum into Singapore?
Would it be possible (and legal) to ship orders of bubblegum into Singapore from an online store?
The bubblegum would not be sold or anything, it's just for personal consumption....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, December 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links