Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

What's the next step after my fiance arrive in the US?
Find answers to your legal question.

What's the next step after my fiance arrive in the US?

Misis ni KC
You can make apply for marriage license since you have 90days to get married upon his arrival.He can also apply for a SSN. After the wedding, you can now start gathering documents/proofs and the fee for your fiance to apply for the Adjustment of Status or green card.If he likes to work while his green card is in process he can apply concurrently for work permit along his green card application.You can read more for instructions and requirements at www.uscis.gov.

George L
Rating
well, if your fiance is coming on a K-1 fiance visa, you have 90 days to marry. then you'll need to file an I-485 and a work authorization request.

Belle
Depends. Is she coming on a fiance visa? If so, you have 90 days to tie the knot.
If it is just for a visit, enjoy yourselves.
Belle

Sweetharttt
Rating
If on a fiance visa, get married within 90 days.

azz_tarcomed
Rating
go to baggage claim

pianojangee
If your fiance arrived on K1 Fiance visa, you get married within 90 days after arrival and file I-485 to get green card.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1k3aos

leonie
I am so confused to what the embassy does. they isssue my fiance visa on March 1st and the expiration in March 25, 2013 I though it should be 90 days. I was wondering if they change policy again. pleas help

ERIC ASUMAYAH AZOYINE
I COME IN WITH A FINCEE VISA AND WE ARE BOTH MARRIED NOW,LEAVING WITH HER AND OUR 9MONTHS OLD SON..WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP FOR ME TO TAKE TO GET MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER,GREENCARD AND MY CITIZENSHIP

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Illegal Immigration...lets PLEASE do something about it!?
In this economy, it makes this glaring problem in my hometown of Los Angeles even more evident... there was a march a few days ago where several thousand people stopped the streets of downtown ...

Is there any hope for California to get out of the sad state it has been in?
As I watched more and more pro-illegal/La Raza embracing Hispanic polititians being elected into office, and knowing how much the pro-illegalI politics has bankrupted CA into it's current near-...

Permanent residentship from student visa?
Can someone in Ontario, CA with a student permit apply for a permanent residentship?...

How can an irish person get u.s. citizenship?
My boyfriend is Irish , I'm Puerto Rican and we want to be able to live together, but don't know what to do?...

Can my aunts and or uncles who reside in the UK sponsor me for immigration?
Can my aunts and or uncles who reside in the UK sponsor me for immigration? I live in USA with USA citizenship, and my above-mentioned relatives are all full British citizens....

Does anyone work in imigration?
i need to find a way to get my fiance some sort of visa so he can live and work over year from now until july 2010 when we get married. but the only fiance visa i can see requires you to be married ...

My father is a natural-born British citizen. Do I qualify for UK citizenship even if I reside in Canada?
I've never lived in the UK, but I'd like to apply for a British passport and citizenship for the advantages in travel and work opportunities. My parents were married when I was born, which I...

Do I have to have a Social Security number to work if I have an Employment Authorization Card?
I have a job interview tomorrow at Applebees and I am wondering if I have to have a social security number and an EAC in order to work.
Also, do I have to have a passport in order to get a ...

Hi, I am in L1 visa and it is going to expire in August 2009. Can I go to india and come back to USA in July?

Additional Details
Is there any restrictions for L1 visa now, that you should enter before 1/3 months before the VISA expires?...

Visa first or job offer first ?
exploring to live in NZ for 4~5 years.
used to live and work in the US.
professor.
some people say get the working visa (or even permanent resident) first and then find employer. ...

How hard would it be for an educated 26 year old Irishman to get a year long working Visa for the USA?
I currently hold a Masters in HR, am currently in employment in Ireland but would like to give the states a go.

Anyone in the know that could tell me how to go about getting a working ...

Australia immigration? I have seen computing professionals in Critical skill List?
whether computing professionals is in Critical Skill List? I have seen it on the last column. but some people say there is no computing professionals in CSL. plz guide me....

If a person who has been married to a US citizen & living inthe US for over 55 years can apply for US passport?
My mother has a valid social security number and receives Medicare and files her taxes every year (she does have her green card when first married). She has three (3) daughters born and living in ...

Immigration curiousity?
If your dating a non-citizen, how can that person be able to come
live in the U.S. being legal. Would you have to marry him?
or are their any other ways so this may happen?...

Will the immigration take away my daughter i-20 after studying in usa for 2 years?
i have lied to the immigration for something else, but will that affect my daughter if want to visit her in usa with my tourist visa? will they cancel her i-20 because of me lying to them? how much i ...

Can I leave the US with an expired passport?
I am a student with a valid F1 visa. My Hong Kong passport is expired, can I leave the US?!...

Can someone enter into Canada from the US having only a social security card after living there for 10+ years?
If a close relative is a Canadian ? If possible, how and where to apply.Would like to have a genuine answer.Thanks....

How do i emigrate to Canada? Urgently?
I am a 21 year old student living in Stellenbosch, South Africa. But i am very sick of this country and really want to leave and start a new life in Canada... Is there any way of doing this and what ...

My i130 is approvad hat is next i m in usa?

What is the procedure to get domicile certificate? what are its requirements?
i live in pune,maharashtra.i have my address proof and birth ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links