Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

What are some interview questions which I could ask to someone who has migrated to Australia?
Find answers to your legal question.

What are some interview questions which I could ask to someone who has migrated to Australia?

Additional Details
Nothing to do with a job interview!

Rebecca Cherie
Rating
1.) Reason for migrating? Was it Voluntary (For leisure, to find new work, or just a change of scene) or Involuntary (forced to leave because of disease, war etc)

2.) Some differences so far between their country of origin and Australia? How have they found the move?

3.) Ask them to explain the proccess of migration. How did they go about moving.

4.) Why did they choose Australia as their new home?

5.) What was their expectations of Australia before moving. Has Australia met those expectations and standards so far?

6.) If they could change something about their new home Australia, what would they improve. Suggestions for other improvements etc?

Sidwell
Do you mean in a job interview?
NO
You cannot ask any questions about where they immigrated from and why they came to australia.

you can ask them about their previous experience - but you cannot ask them what country they got this experience in.

You are asking illegal questions that are most likely against the hiring laws.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How long is the application process to join the border patrol?
from first application to hire.....

is there a lie detection test?
Additional Details
would I be able to live in phoenix, AZ while employed or would I have to move?...

Why do the other Latinos in Miami discriminate against Cubans? Is it because of their immigration status?
I am Cuban American and I have had some bad encounters with Brazilians and Colombians trying to prove how their "better" than Cubans...I'm from California and never had issues with M...

What are some famous born abroad Brits?
i can think of some : Dom Jolly(lebanon), MIKA ( lebanon), Reem Kelani (palestine), Mo ibrahim( sudan) and Naseem Hameed ( Yemen)....

Am I The only Canadian living in California U.S?
Please answer I need to ...

If I were to sponsor a family member for immigration to US, how long will the process take?

If I have dual citizenship (Canadian & American) can I come home (Canada) for health care?
I want to possibly go to the States when I'm older to work, but I despise the health care system - is it legal to go home to Canada for health care? Getting stuck in the crazy American pay-as-...

I'm just wondering does anyone notice all the illeagle mexicans??? Im not being rasist. Im just wondering.....?

If mexico was a state would you still complain?
i was thinking about this. You dont see many people complaining about people who live in one state, and work in another. Example is here in portland oregon, we have a lot of people who live in ...

If you apply for job in your country,do you normally have an interview?What happens?
If you apply for a job in your country ,do you normally have an interview?What happens?...

Have someone got good graphes of immigration from 1830 till now?
Maybe someone got a good internetside or somthing like that. T...

Who would you contact to move to Germany by yourself and you need a personnal live-in tutor for German?
I'm moving to Germany in a year's time (hopefully, if everything goes well). I have no idea who to contact for the following:
1.) VISA (this may be the biggest problem b/c I'm ...

Should i include my social security number on a job application if they ask for it?
I'm only 17, but i've always been told to not give that away, at least untill AFTER i get the job. But i don't want to hurt my chances at the job because i leave it blank, should i ...

Cost of immigration compared to cost to keep them out?
so i just read an answer where someone sited that the cost of illegal immigrants is 90 billion dollars. So if that is the total cost of all illegal immigrants , then why are we upset. Couldn't ...

Canadian student visa?
Hi there i have finished my medicals for the Canadian visa from India will i get my visa?...

Am I entitled to canadian and/or Australian citizenship?
I was born in England, My parents are both Irish. I was told that because of the commonwealth I can get passports for both these countries.All I actually want to do is work for a summer in either but ...

I want to open orkut but it is not open there is written tha access has been denied how can i open it ?

Does anyone know the requirements needed for a US citizen to marry a Swiss citizen in Switzerland? Thank you?
I want to marry my Swiss fiance in Switzerland, but I don't know if I have to do the application from here or if we could do it there in Switzerland. Every time he calls the registry office in Z...

Can someone use an Emergency Visa to gain Permanent residence into a country?
If someone gets a reason to come to a country using an Emergency Visa, once they land are they obligated to go back or can they apply for permanent residence or even refugee status thereafter. W...

Visit Visa While I-130 is under Process?
I had applied under i-130, i had been advised that i can apply for visit visa mean while my i-130 is under process. What thing should i do that chances of getting visit visa increase ? and Also some ...

My bro-n-law worked w a fake ssn for 4yrs. He is now legal, married w a legal ssn. How should he file taxes?
Basically my brother in law made up a ssn 4 yrs ago and used that number to work. He entered the country legally but was not supposed to work. He has filed taxes every year he has worked using that ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links