Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

What type of visa would i need to live in the USA from the UK?
Find answers to your legal question.

What type of visa would i need to live in the USA from the UK?

i would like to live in the usa from Britain either to study and then work or just to work, but i really need help with what type of visa i would need. i would be hoping to stay there for the rest of my life. i would appreciate any help you could give me thank you guys
Additional Details
i would like to live in the usa from Britain either to study and then work or just to work, but i really need help with what type of visa i would need. i would be hoping to stay there for the rest of my life. also how much would this cost me thank you soo much for you help xoxox


I m english and studied in the usa, you need a J-1 visa for that, lasts a year i think, studying over there is expensive, i dropped £6k in a year and got my tuition waved, so i think you are looking at like £10k per year, their colleges are 4 years instead of 3 like ours, they squeeze the $ out of you, i payed more in one year there than 2 here, i m wanting to teach over there and unless you are a uni professor i don't think they are to bothered with you, but then again i saw piers morgan in Hollywood with some holby city star and he seemed to get one fine even though he hadn't acted in over 2 years.

I came here to study at University from Scotland in 1992, I was allowed to work after a few weeks on a temporary work permit and then applied for a green card which took a year to get. I have a green card and am a permanent resident and now live in Florida. I could apply for citizenship, you can after five years but I don't want to.

There are a lot of different kinds of visa, like if you buy a business then you get a visa, if you meet someone and get engaged you can get a visa, you can win a green card in a lottery, different kinds. Look it up in the library.

You need to have an advanced degree in engineering or the sciences, have the $150,000 it will cost to get one in the USA on a student visa, have $500,000 to start a business in the USA or marry a US citizen.

Otherwise it isn't going to happen.

Bella La Skella
you can't have a visa for the rest of your life, you'd need to become a citizen, that shouldn't be too hard. haha.

in order to stay in the u.s. you'd need a green card and i think it's good for like 5 years or something. you could keep reapplying for one when the other expires, but i would think that would get annoying after a while.

or! if you marry a u.s. citizen and stay married for like 15 years you will become a u.s. citizen.

To live in US, you need Immigrant visa.

To study in US, you need F1 Student Visa.

To work in US, you need Temporary Workers visa.

I'm not a guy...ask your local embassy in the UK.
Student visa's and work visa's are available...(on a limited basis...and I'd be careful about wanting a job in the US about now...we're having a LOT of money problems and job lay off's.)

if you want to come here as a student, you would require an I-94 visa. but for this, you would have to apply to a credited university that would help you process the visa, if accepted.

for working, you need to apply for an H-1 visa. but for this too, you might have to apply for a job in an organization or a company that would help you process the visa, if accepted.

green card from usafis......but u must renew it from time to time

You wont get in unless yuo have about 1 million $, or you are going to open a business in the US that will supple Americans with jobs. Or you have a career that is sufficient need in the US. If you want to do studies in the USA you will need a lot of money to pay for it.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 German citizen to become legal American?
My friend is here in the US from Germany and is a citizen and wants to bring over his fiance from Germany. He is still married in Germany due to a required grace period, 2 years I think, that is to ...

 How long can you stay in a country on a passport?
How long will someone with a Canadian Passport be able to stay within the United States?
Additional Details
Mmkay, what about finding work? I'm sure that'd require citizenship, ...

 USA Deportation Help!!?
my brother went to jail and they found out he is illegal and he is being held by immagration how long befor he gets a court date or let out or deported or us allowed to see him!!!! he just went this ...

 What do you guys think about immigration and Joe Arpaio?
Anything in general. I am doing an assignment for school and I have to have the opinions of a least 15 people. Thank you you'll....

 I want to know who is pro and agianst the amnesty for the illegal aliens?
i just want to know peoples opinion about this matter and see what they have to say about it....

 Becoming a Canadian citizen?
i have a couple questions about moving to Canada. first question do i have to apply for some sort of visa to be eligible to work there and if so how do i do that? second question would any ...

 How difficult is it for a u.s. citizen to become a canadian citizen?
And is it worth it?...

 How can I determine if a person is an illegal immigrant?
Is immigration status a public record? Is there a database somewhere I can search or an agency somewhere that I can ask? Thanks!...

 How long does it take to receive your passport?
in the US...

 What is the best way for an American to get a work visa in England?
I am looking to relocate to England within the next year or two. I've done a little research on the Tier process in order to legally work in the U.K. however I hear it is near impossible to get U...

 DO Ugandans need a visa to visit the Bahamas?
Iam to meet a friend in the Bahamas, and i checked online to see the countries that require a visa to visit the bahamas, and Uganda was not included. The Countries that where talked of that dont need ...

 If an illegal alien gets married, does he stand a better chance of not getting deported?

 What is the fastest way for my Colombian g/f to get a visa to live with me in Spain (I'm British resident)?
I'm going to Colombia in March and my Colombian girlfriend and I want her to come and live with me in Spain, where I have permanent residence, I'm a British national and we plan to get ...

 How soon can I exit the USA after first entry on LPR visa?
I want to file I-131 and leave within 2 weeks after I enter the USA on immigration LPR ...


 If we pay U.S government tax when we were young?
And my husband and I would like to retire in another country, do you think we'll be welcome there??

We are thinking about to move to Taiwan when we're 60, we're only in our 3...

 Short cut to American Citizenship.?

 Re-entry to USA from Canada with violation of Status but reinstated while in USA.?
i have been going to school in US for 5 years now, 4 year ago i had a problem with school cause i was dropped from a class by mistake and when out of status. i had t apply for reinstatement, i asked ...

 How Serious are drop houses becoming a problem in America & is kidnapping becoming a crime wave with drop hous?
How Serious are drop houses becoming a problem in America & is kidnapping becoming a crime wave with drop houses ?
Phoenix police raided a drop house Saturday evening where 31 suspected ...

 How or what my dad can do so he can get greecard because he has been here since 1980s.?
In 1980s a lot of people were getting papers or greencard and they had to pay for it but my dad didn't believe he was going to get it he taught it was only a fraud. Later my dad friends even my ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, February 8, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links