Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Whats the easiest way to gain canadian citizenship? ?
Find answers to your legal question.

Whats the easiest way to gain canadian citizenship? ?

it says in the application i have to be a perm resident for 3 years before applying... is that true? and is there a faster way to be able to be a canadian citizen

Scott
Rating
Unfortunately it is true. You do need to be a permenant resident for 3 years, but after that the citizenship application isn't half as bad or as hard. For my wife her Citizenship application went thru in 11 months last year. That was from mailing it till the date she took the oath.

The only other faster ways is if your mother or father are Canadian citizens already.

Good new though, Canada is trying to keep up its Permanent resident quota and keep things going. So the process is getting easier and faster.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090211/canada_immigration_090211/20090211?hub=TopStories

Goodluck with your application process :)

thinkingtime
Here's the process. It might be a bit quicker if you have exceptionally rare skills that are in demand in Canada. Otherwise it will take a couple of years:

tuppenybitz
there is no easy way
what you read is true, but first you have to qualify to immigrate

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

God bless Texas...who will support them?
Many Las Vegans know you (Texans) are doing your best to fight for our borders. We want you to know that a group of Las Vegans want to help with "guns a blazen" if and when the time comes ...

How to verify if i am a bona fide resident of a specific state?

I want to move to the USA...which state for my situation?
So I'm fed up with the life over in the UK and I really want to move somewhere more interesting thn here.

How easy is it to move? What state would you reccommend. i was looking at N...

How to move from America to England (permanently)?
Any advice. Maybe steps on how to get there.
I'd like to become a citizen, i don't plan on coming back to america....

What Would the World be like if there were No Borders?

Additional Details
Freedom of movement = people live and work from wherever they choose......

How much is the penalty for overstaying?
Hi everyone!I have a daughter who is a US citizen and she has been in the Phils. for 6 yrs.just wanna know how much is the penalty i need to pay to the Immigration and what steps i need to do to ...

Irish immigration from 1845- now?
Im doing a report on the irish immigration and finding a lot of info but i can't find info on the long term consequence of their immigration, are people fighting over the land, and was another ...

Why do Holland and Germany love the EU so much?
Because it allows them to send all their illegal immigrants and asylum seekers to the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/...

Can me breing my new wife with k3 visa?
i was before marry and breing my ex with k3 visa after divorce i decide marry with my girl and breing her with k3 visa too can me do that or that me was breing my ex before will effect bad and not ...

Has anyone filed for a green card procedure without lawyers' help?
If so, where is a good place to get a kit and info?...

Reentry permit for children with PR status in canada?
family will land in canada on october with permanent resident status. Problem is, the kids still have to finish their schooling here in the Manila. Can immediately file for REENTRY PERMIT? Where? W...

Are the British frightened of the Islam agitators like Amjam Choudry and 'Lord'Ahmed?
Both these characters political agitators and Ahmed recently threatened social disorder on UK streets if a film about muslims was shown'Fitna',the British banned a dutch MP and fellow ...

Any tips on dealing with immigration Im trying to take my husband to america with me we are in egypt 4study?
Only he is from africa,Gambia he here in the university of Al,A...

Can i apply for a fiance visa while i'm not yet a u.s citizen?
i wanted to bring my family here my girlfriend and our child coz' we're not married yet and has the plan to get married here in the u.s. my problem was i didn't know if i am eligible ...

How long does it take to get a NVC interview?
I am a Canadian married to my husband ( a US born citizen) for almost 3 years, I am currently living in the US, and the i-130 already has been approved, and we are now waiting for the approval of i-4...

If given a chance to change your nationality, which country would you want to belong to?

Im in usa i have a Q1 visa and im married to uscitizen i had biometric appointment, how long [i take?
im in usa i have a Q1 visa and im married to us citizen i had biometric appointment almost a month, how long it take to get my work permit, my social security and my green card ??? and Will they ...

Its that better too married in Australia or out side country too get pr?

Problem with suspected illegal immagrant in the Uk?
To kick it off, my friend ( a british citizen) happens to be engaged with a lovely bloke whom I know is from India, however since the goverment in the UK brought out the fee for anyone caught ...

What is the process for a married illegal immigrant?
Hello,

I entered the United States on a tourist visa a little more than 4 years ago from Scandinavia, and overstayed the visa without leaving the US. I met my wife close to a year ago, and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links