Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Why is the US Government the largest employer of " illegal immigrants " Doesn't that mean the American
Find answers to your legal question.

Why is the US Government the largest employer of " illegal immigrants " Doesn't that mean the American

Taxpayer is subsidizing their wages ?
Additional Details
http://washingtontimes.com/article/20070823/NATION/108230096/1002

Cartman
Well, here’s a shocker. The Washington Times is reporting that there may be yet another reason this administration has refused to enforce our immigration laws, especially our laws that fine employers of illegal aliens. After all, you don’t want to enforce the laws if you are one of the worst offenders, now would you?
If President Bush is serious about getting tough on U.S. employers who hire illegal aliens, he can start with his own administration, which employs thousands of unauthorized workers, says the top Republican on the House immigration subcommittee.

A 2006 audit showed federal, state and local governments are among the biggest employers of the half-million persons in the U.S. illegally using “non-work” Social Security numbers — numbers issued legally, but with specific instructions that the holders are not authorized to work in the U.S.“Let’s clean up our own house, let’s especially clean up the federal employment of all those working for the federal government,” said Rep. Steve King, Iowa Republican and ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee’s immigration subcommittee.

The Social Security Administration used to, but no longer does, issue non-work numbers to legal aliens who were not authorized to work but needed a number to obtain a federal or state benefit or service. Still, hundreds of thousands of those immigrants used the numbers to get a job.

WHAT???

I thought we couldn’t find these people. I thought they were hidden in the ’shadows’.

chthomp1976
Rating
Interesting you can't post any sort of proof of your claim...

Darts and beer pong?
Rating
Someone cannot get a government job without showing proof of citizenship. I know, I know, what about the gardeners, they look like.....No! Even they have to show citizenship.

spirit dummy
Rating
These people aren't exactly illegal immigrants.. The are legal residents with non work numbers i.e they are allowed to be here but can't work.. Big difference.

Stan P
Rating
I'm sorry, but you are not factual at all. The U.S. Govt. does NOT hire illegal aliens.

already_enuff_spice_in_this
To: justanotherjoe, coming from a family of mostly all federal employees, he was probably asked to resign, that's how they work it. To answer the original question, that's not true.They can not hire an illegal. Just because you are saying it, does not make it true.

Amanda h
Rating
Is that true? That would really surprise me. Do you have a link??

Agent 99
you make no sense. get your facts straight.

AMERICAN
Rating
? Where exactly are you getting "this" information? Major corporations in the US, greedy for high profits and cheap labor may be exploiting these illegals but I doubt "any" illegals are actually working for the U.S. Government.

~*~AGarcia~*~
I hope they past amnesty to all the illegal immigrants just to PISS you ignorant people off.

The Government can't hire illegals cause they check papers.

slew
Rating
Perhaps you should rephrase to stae that the Government illegally hire immigrants.

Mike
??

I don't think so...

latj
Rating
You are incorrect. The US Government hires NO illegal immigrants. The people who do are breaking the law themselves and deserve to be punished. The US economy is not set up to give up benefits like health care, educational benefits and judicial benefits to illegals for free. They are a drain on our economy and you are right, the taxpayer is the one paying for their wages. Deport ALL illegal immigrants from any country and punish the employers who chose to use them. There is absolutely no other cost effective way to give back wasted taxpayer dollars in the future.

Razor Jim
Your statement is false, the US government does not employ illegals

Lori K
Yes, that is exactly what that means. The government needs to act more quickly in verifying felonious use of social security numbers.

Anne
Rating
It means the government needs to have audit of all it's employee's. Those who do not believe that the USA is the largest employers of illegals needs to watch Lou Dobbs

SilverPhoenix
Rating
I just think its still great that ALBERTO resigned!!!! Wonder what happened to make him do that ? Hmm. ;) Now maybe we can get some things accomplished.

Commandant Marcos
Rating
They are the largest entity hiring illegals in the USA.
Over 11,000 of them.
Boggles the mind, don't it?
Watch the cnn news, or go to their sight and look it up.
http://washingtontimes.com/article/20070823/nation/108230096/1002

anon
Of course they do - and state governments outsource. They operate just like a huge incompetent corporation.

janet w
Rating
it's true. all drugs that are confiscated off the streets goes back on. and we have our lovely government to thank for that. it's all about money. and thanks for the link.

joe4912004
Rating
You bet. American is free. Come one.come all.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Arizona begins its new anti illegal alien law today. How do you think it'll turn out?
http://www.reuters.com/a I think so many people want it to fail, that the state can expect ...

Do you think it is ironic that some one would make this comment to American?
This was said to me in a former question, and I had to luagh..

http://answers.yahoo.com
I think that people who hate other races so ...

Why do people get so fired up about illegall immigrants 3 years ago noone got this fired up?
Is it because you are sheep who are led and blinded by the politicos to certain issues so you cant see the really important issues like education ,corperate graft, dirty air and water, jobs leaving ...

My kid (12) was drunk last night. What should I do?
Everytime he's drunk, I beat him and I tell him not to touch my liquor cabinet. What should I do to stop this?...

When you hear the phrase "Illegal Immigrants" what do you think of?

Do you think its fair to allow illegal immigrants to stay??
When right now in Iraq there are hundreds of non U.S citizens who enlisted in the military to fight and die for the privilege of becoming a U.S citizen. Does giving the citizenship away for free to ...

Is English Too Difficult for Illegals to Learn?
it's probably intellectually too challenging, but we understand....

Why do you?
why do people waste their time on criticizing illegal alliens.do you think it will fcukin work?...

Why do we Mexican women always serve our husbands and fathers at dinner time?
I’ve never seen my grandfather get up to fix himself a plate of food or grab his own beer. Can I look forward to this treatment when I’m married with children?

Everyone’s Favorite P...

Why are most of USA citizens against immigration if USA slave the rest of the world?
I live in Brazil. Before globalization we had better jobs and better salaries. After globalization our salaries have decreased a lot
For a company in Brazil to be competitive internationally has ...

Why do immigrants come here and not learn english?
It seems like many or most immigrants come to the USA and don't bother to learn English. They stay in their insular communities with their own langauge. The older generation seem to be the ...

If America becomes saturated with Mexicans, will the quality of life here go the direction of Mexico?
why wouldnt it?....why is Mexico the way it is?, dont the people make the country what it is?...

What would you do about keeping out illegal immigrants ?

Don't hire Americans?
This is out of ordinary for my Q&A, but here I go.
As a kid I worked at local farmers helping in the crops growing melons and grain. Well, over the weekend I took a neighbor's kid and ...

Who thinks we need to start holding our?
government ACCOUNTABLE,for all the tax dollars that have been WASTED over the years, that SHOULD HAVE been used to secure our borders???? We should have had a border fence YEARS ago!!! Back in 1986 ...

Why Do They Want Us to Focus On Immigration Instead Of Iraq?
Have you noticed that there is no specific yahoo category for the War but there is for immigration? Its like they want us to discuss some things and forget others.

I knew when this topic ...

Why are there 2 American flags at the bottom of the page? I am so confused. Please help me.?
One is in English and one is in Spanish. Another problem I have is that there are 2 Mexican flags at the bottom also. One is in Spanish and the other is in Italian. Why is that? Can you help me ...

Should Canadians be allowed to visit the US?
There are more illegal immigrants from Mexico than there are from Canada, but the terrorists of 9/11 came into the U.S. from Canada, so who knows who has come in since then. I think we should ...

Have immigrants taken all the UK jobs?
they took errr jobs

When I was young I got a job working in a fast food restaurant. I think this helped keep me out of trouble, teach discipline and value for money.

I'm ...

Immigaraion?
U & I PAY FOR ALL THE MEDICAL BILLS THAT COME FROM THE THE ILLIGAL'S BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE HEALTH INS. WE/U ARE ALSO PAYING FOR THERE EDUCATION, PLUS THE TEACHERS HAVE TO SPEAK SPANISH W...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links