Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Immigration

Would you consider letting Mexico become a state of the USA?
Find answers to your legal question.

Would you consider letting Mexico become a state of the USA?

Besides Panima a smaller boarder to watch.
Additional Details
And that 10% of there population is already here.

bashful
i think we should consider it not one big state but maybe if they had the rights they would stay there and make a better life for them selves if we are going to pay millions for them now why not control the land? i did like some of the other funnier answers too but we have to be realistic we are already spending money on health care and crime and trying to keep them out and its not working so try a different approach

Halo Mom
Rating
Why would Mexico want to be a state

Going from a country to a state, isn't that a step down

Cristina V
Rating
LMAO,How ignorant can you be and still get on-line.Mexico doesn't want to become ''a state of the USA''.Guadalupe Hidalgo was more than enough

Pagan Dan
Rating
What's a smaller boarder?

A boarder is someone who pays rent for a fee that includes meals. A border is the boundary between two nations, and I think that's what you mean.

Mexico is an independent sovreign nation, and I'm sure that the vast majority of Mexicans want to keep it that way.

Pure & Virgin, MD?
What we consider is not what matters. Mexico is a sovereign nation and they will decide want they want, not what we want.

Cesar
NO. Mexico is bigger than any state of the USA.
Simply, Mexico doesn't need to be part of the USA.
And USAers would bring all kind of diseases ,more slavery and corruption to Mexico. NO thanks.

Micky
Rating
No thanks

Joel W
Rating
No.

Daniel F
Rating
Mexico want nothing about the racist country, You need to fix your own problems, USA is on the verge of economic collapse.

Mic H
Rating
no

ryne
Rating
For what?

The US would loose so much more than it could gain in that scenario.

FatPizza9
No. Why would we want to adopt that much poverty and corruption?

StoneCold
Nope!!

I see you would like push through the NAU/SPP. Perhaps a big supporter of it?! We already have a bunch of nut cases at the state capital that would like for that to happen. Fortunately for them they have U.S. citizens with common sense who are in their way to keep this from it's completion.

super682003
Rating
We could have about 160 years ago when we won the Mexican War because we had Mexico under our control. I think it's too late now.

Buzz
No Way! Violent crime increase, disease increase, America is already short of food and we have thousands hungry, water is getting less and less...we don't need more welfare recipients to support. I get so angry. These people drive around in $60000 cars/SUVs, buy the best groceries, have beautiful clothes and we that work for a living are lucky if we have a car to get around in and enough money for the month for groceries and bills. they get:FREE MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION/FREE FOOD/FREE UTILITIES...FREE EVERYTHING!

mbenning6f
no way jose haha

we have enough problems here

whaticantbeme
nope

Jedi Master Titus Pullo (USA)
HELL NO, we already got 10% of their population living in USA?

Jazz
No way, Mexico has proven time and time again that it has nothing to offer but crime, drugs, poverty, and corruption.

John L
No

Obama The Trojan Horse
Rating
thats ok ill pass on that one

TMFHS Girl
Because they would cripple our economy. They're already doing it in the border states of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. Do New Yorkers want to pay for their free health care???

taxigringo
Why not? Lets make the whole world the United States of the Earth. I'll be the Emperor and let you do what ever you want as long as you don't mess with my stuff.
I admit, that is not very original as most of the congress and presidental candidates are already pushing for that.
Remember: Taxigringo for President.

Me again
Rating
No, but consider that if there is ever a national disaster in Mexico that kills a lot of people, the U.S. stands at the ready to send in replacement Mexicans. Sort of like a fish hatchery for Latin America.

Squirrlee-1
Rating
Nope, but Obama probably will consider it

Badcock
Rating
It seems that the better question is when will Mexico make the Estados Unidos a state of Mexico?

jax
Ultimately, the question is pretty ambiguous. I think that if the mass majority of the Mexican Population were to request in some fashion through, outcry or perhaps a voted of some sort to be included in annexation or perhaps, a commonwealth movement...then it is highly likely. I for one believe that the combined efforts of both countries would definately improve upon the body of individuals lives that are currently effected by the ill advised border disputes, poverty and disruptions of ideals. Remember, the Aermican Somoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, Navassa Island and many others function quite well as commonwealth territores and at one point were also Countries and or nations on of their own. These commonwealths had the opportunity to become states or to become independant nations once again. During which through aide and assistance of the government of the US were able to work with the US and become highly stable countries when they were mor or less completely destroyed or in turmoil prior. Notable history: Texas, Hawaii and California were all at one points independant countries as well. Eventually, each on their own terms and with their own ideals requested annexation of their territories and I can foresee that another country eventually, conceptualizing this very same ideal. Don't judge either way without understanding that this is not a easy thing to do and is something that both the people of this country and the people of mexico would definately need to agree upon prior to committing to such an undertaking.

learnin2fli
I think mexico should become a state because then we could go in and build on the land and fix the existing conditions, which would create jobs for people. Also the only problem we would otherwise need to solve would be the drug war in which case mexico would be under american law allowing us to enforce a better lifestyle for the people there.

synyster gates
I think that it should become a state or multiple states it would help both countries out help wit economy and also help with illegal immigration this merge would be a major helping hand to both countries and make them stronger, I'm just saying think about what it could do and how it could help.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What would you do with these illegals?
...the ones who have lived here for 20 years, have paid their taxes, not abused services, and whose children are top of their class? In other words, not the drain on society that we make everyone ...

Where do i call or is there a web site where i can deport an illegal alien?
there is this lady who is determined to take my husband away from me and there is no way in **** i am going to let her have him and i have nothing against immigrants but with this one lady i do and i ...

Do you believe offering illegals in state tuition is unfair to American citizens who apply?
Do you believe it is unfair and this lawsuit is justible? Why should illegals who should not even be allowed to attend colleges be able to pay less than an American citizen?
Do you believe we ...

What harm are the illegals to this country? Why should we deport them? Is it fair?
You bet it is. Why? Illegal means illegal. If you break the law, you must pay. This is the harm that illegals are causing to this country: Bankrupting hospitals and schools, making other citizens pay ...

Are the illegal hispanic aliens actually insurgents planted by Osama?
IS that why we don't hear from Osama anymore: he finished his evil plot by planting hispanics to destroy America? I notice that neighborhoods where hispanics move in look like they were nuked!! O...

Why dont immigrants stay in their country and make things better there?
not everyone can fit in 1 country, and its worse off
Additional Details
why does this question make me a bigot?
people need to bring themselves up, now lower everyone else ...

Why are you here?
If this is the immigration section of yahoo answers, why are you here? Go somewhere else were they have ILLEGAL immigration....

Why........?
...should the children of illegal immigrants that were born on U.S. soil be deprted?

think about this. the onlt reason people do not like illegal immigrants is because they did not enter ...

What color would you paint the border fence? Each side?

Ready for a protest of our own?? ILLEGAL immigrants ARE CRIMINALS!!?
I think it's time that we, THE LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS, take a stand against these criminals in our country. They want to protest in the streets? SO CAN WE!! And NO, I am not nor have I ever ...

Who really was the the first people in the USA?
if you are smart then you said the right thing ! it was not you people who are saying go back to where you came from it was the indians. so if we start sending peopl back where would you go because ...

The dingo revolution. Ignorant illegals pour into our country daily, the political winds now say that anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/w
dares to speak out against this can be labeled easily as racist, bigot etc. America stands at a crossroads. It either controls its sovereignty by ...

Are the lawns done and is your toilet clean yet?
than I think it is time to go home. Unless many of the supporters still have a pot of crap to say. I think we heard it all already. Agree or disagree?...

Does mainstream America know the difference between an illegal immigrant and a legal immigrant? Are U sure?
About every day I see a people on television, radio, in my work break room, on the net (including answers.yahoo.com) etc. discussing immigration. One person may mention that they have their "...

Why don't these immigrants assimilate into the American culture?
I am Mexican-American, i was born in the US and I am deeply assimilated in the American culture. My parents know that learning English is something that all immigrants should be doing. It's just ...

For everyone whose against illegal immigration..?
would you be willing to have a peaceful protest every weekend until the right immigration law is passed to curb immigration?
Additional Details
im sorry, to curb ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. LEGA...

Did you know there's a wave of new discrimination going on?
I coined the phrase myself..its called language discrimination. Whenever you see signs posted Spanish asking for workers, that means they are discriminating against English speaking that do not know ...

Should we put razor wire and sniper towers on the border?

Do you remember this story and does it apply to the illegal issue we face in America...?
Do you remember the story of the "Camel in the Tent"?

In the Arabian desert a nomad set up his tent to settle in for the night. His camel approached the tent door and said,
<...

Is illegal immigration caused by Mexicans having children that they can't support?
In poorer nations, why should people have kids if they cannot support them. It doesn't seem fair to burden the child like that. Not to mention everyone else. I can see having one kid, because ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links