Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

A car hit my uninsured car that was parked on the street. a police report was on my car. what to do? illinois?
Find answers to your legal question.

A car hit my uninsured car that was parked on the street. a police report was on my car. what to do? illinois?

knowing that this happened in chicago illinois, am i in a good position to file a claim, or am i in trouble because my parked car was uninsured. Help Please!

Fred C
Does the police report indicate they have confirmed who hit you? Then you can contact that person's insurance company. Is it just an accident report indicating a hit and run, unknown driver? Then there is nobody to claim with.
You have not given enough details to allow any kind of accurate answer. However, if you didn't care enough about the car to insure it, why are you worried about a claim, anyway?

mbrcatz
You're not insured, you have no one to file your claim against.

But you can sue the driver of the car who hit your car, and you can sue the owner of the car who hit your car, in small claims court, for the damages to your car. And you'll win.

Trish
My car was hit when it was parked on the street. I only carry liability insurance because my car is paid off and had to cut back on my expenses due to be laid off of work. The person that hit my car has insurance but not enough to cover all my expenses. Can i sue him for not carrying enough insurance. Their is a police report, the person that hit my car was speeding and texting. HELP

Mrs Ali R.
I am in the same situtation right now. i did file a claim aginst the driver with their insurance company. Did you ever get this resolved, and if so, what happened?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How can you find out how many points you have on your driving record?
i got pulled over a couple of weeks ago because i didn't come to a complete stop before making a right turn at a red light. The cop said it was a stop light violation. I was just curious to ...

Insurance on mobility vehichle?
my fiancee is currently living and working in norfolk and is looking after his disabled uncle
he is the insured driver on his uncles mobility car and whilst visiting me in liverpool we were in ...

I want to become a lorry driver but I have a drink driving conviction on my license !!?
Does this completely rule me out ?? also how long do the points stay on my license ??...

I rear ended someone who clearly cut me off. How should I go about it with Insurance?
The other night I was in the far right lane of a 3 lane highway in hopes of making a right turn onto the upcoming street. There was a red light at the intersection ahead and I was about 100 yards ...

Do you get AAA discounts just for having AAA car insurance in California?
Do you automatically get AAA discounts for travel, etc. if you have AAA car insurance, or do you also have to pay for an additional membership or something!...

Expired car license in apartment complex parking lot?
I parked my car it in front of my apartment. I pay for this covered parking spot every month. I was out of the country. During this time the license on it had expired and when I returned, I found ...

Whats the going rate for a whip-lash claim in uk?

Do you pay more insurance for sign writing on your van?

Driver license suspention in washington state?
Hey guys, i got a speeding ticket 6 months ago in seattle, i remember i paid quarter of that ticket which was $25 and i owe them $75 which i haven't paid yet, they didn't send me any mail ...

Drivers license question?
Is your drivers license considered expired on the date (is it still a late fee if you go on that day) will you be penalized any other way for not renewing it on time?...

Does my picture show up at dmv?
if someone got my birth certificate and social security card and went to get license in my name would they know it was me? does my pic show up?i live in nc by the ...

I just crashed my car, it was my fault, but what if they claim?
I just reversed at a petrol station into a stationary car. I gave them my details, apart from insurance. Now although I only caused a crack to the license plate. What will this do to my insurance, if ...

Denied insurance claim?
i was recently involved in an auto accident, was at the intersection waiting to make a left. the light went yellow and still waited a sec or so and began to turn. the other driver tried to beat the ...

How old do you have to be to drive abroad?
how old do you have to be to drive in continental europe?
i want to take my car over on the ferry for a short break!...

Do you give your real weight & height at the DMV?
For my job, I check dozens of driver's licenses every day and I notice that people give the wrong info all the fricking time. Like a guy's DL will say that he is 6'2" and 200 lbs ...

Is it legal to have two different insurance companies for one car?
i am currently leaving my insurance company because they give me too much headaches (ING by the way)... i have to wait a week to offically cancel my policy (its a longg story). i found another ...

Drivers License!?!?!?
How long does a drivers license take to come through?...

My car got stolen from a title pawn place what should i do?
i went to go pick up my car today that had been taken cause i didn't make my title loan payment and i got to the place where they had the cars taken and i told the guy i was there to get my car ...

Do you miss the Geico Gecko?
What do you think about the new Geico Commercials? The stack of money ogling people? BRING BACK THE GECKO!...

I have an auto licence and want to buy a fiesta with auto manual gearbox is this ok to drive on this licence?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links