Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

After I Get My Permit How Long Do I Have To Wait Until I Get My Licence?
Find answers to your legal question.

After I Get My Permit How Long Do I Have To Wait Until I Get My Licence?

i already passed my written test when i was 16. im getting my permit just now at the age of 17, which is late. is it still 6 months that i have to wait until i get my licence or a shorter amount of time?? and if it matters i am in new jersey.

nikkit585
Rating
It's still 6 months if you are under the age of 18. I was 17 when I got my permit in PA and I had to wait 6 months.

lillian
Rating
where i live you have to wait 6 months to get your license after getting your permit- if you're already 16.

Dagmar
In california, I was 15 and 1/2 before I could get my permit, 6 months till I could get my license, and a year after that before I could haul people around with me.

oklatom
Rating
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/manuals/chap_01_07.html

6 months. Pick up a copy of the manual, or download it from the web page, and you know all the rules. http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/manuals/downloads.html

hegotgame3200
if u are turning 18 before the 6 months u dont have 2 wait but if u arent u have to wait until 6 months but u sed u had taking ur written test which is the permit portion of the test it all depends on the day u recieved d permit!!

One Love
I'm in Utah and it's 6 months for us, but I'm not sure about where you're at. Ask a Driver's Ed teacher at your school or call your local DMV and ask them. It might even tell you on your permit.

cockapoo
holla for a flibben dolla

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I was drunk and hit a parked car last night and ran?
It has been 3 days since the incident. I do not think there was much damage to the other car, I did not leave a note. I told the insurance that I left a note and there was no damage to the other ...

Is monthly motorcycle insurance as much as car insurance?

I'm moving to another state for Grad. school. DO I NEED NEW LICENSE PLATES AND A NEW DRIVERS LICENSE?
I'm just going there for 4 years!...

Has anyone taken the Young Drivers of Canada Instructor course?
if anyone has what was the training like?
Additional Details
i meant the actual course that people take to become driving instructors......

Can my mom be cosigner?
i am trying to buy a brand new car and my credit score is poor. can my mom be a cosigner she does not work but she has creditcards because of my dads credit i guess she has a joined credit will they ...

What is the cheapest car insurance for the same coverage that you have found?
This will not only help me, but many others who have to check for different prices for auto insurance. Btw, I am a 21 year old female, no accidents, college student.
Additional Details
I ...

So if you have more family members who own a car...?
Would that lower or increase your car insurance. The cars that my family own are toyota corolla 2004, mazda mazda6i 2007, toyota corolla 1997, and chevrolet 2001. What would the estimate be? Ages two ...

I lost my Drivers Permit how do I get a new one?
So heres the thing, I lost my permit and I was wondering how do you do it? Im freakin out right now. My parents have no time to come with me to get one because of work, and because of thier(dmv) ...

Insurance on a corsa sxi?
im 17 and just passed my test.
i know you wont know the exact figure but how much would it cost to get insured on a corsa sxi approx?
Additional Details
im from the UK by the way :)...

Parking fines and DVLA?
Hi

I was given a parking fine a year back. Because I moved house during that time, I forgot about it. I havent yet let DVLA know of change of my address. I did drive my car for few months ...

Help!!! im about to turn sixteen and......?
i have $4000 to spend on a new car. im looking for a new used volkswagen beetle or a mitshubishi eclipse gs. ive looked on craigslist and yahoo autos but have found no help. if you know where i can ...

I got rear ended &finally got insurance involved - did i do the right thing? I feel threatened...?
The person in front of me was tail gating the person ahead of him so I was trying to keep distance and my brakes were on/off. I got rear-ened from the dude behind.
There was minor damage to my ...

Plz help me???????????????? accident question???????
I was in an accident with this lady and she is now stating to the insurance company that her car was damaged which she is making it worse than it sounds. She had actually stated to me that mine was ...

What if I don't register my car in 6 days? In Ontario?
If I don't register my car within 6 days, what will happen? How will they even know? The car will be sitting on my private property, I'm buying it privately....

Can i go on to parents insurance and get car loan ?
okay can i go on my parents insurance and apply for a car loan iv asked many times on this site about how i could get car loan and how and if i need co sighner im 20 and want to buy a 08 for 4x4 ...

Is http://car-insurance-quote.tv... cheaper then Gieco?
is http://car-insurance-quo cheaper then G...

What is the liability of loaning a car to someone in NJ?
My name on the title and registration and ...

What do i do, they wont give me the money for my car?
I was rear ended by a car. The shop i went to gave m e a estimate for 2000$, i got it in writing from (bob)

The insurance adjuster co said they called the same shop and spoke with (john) ...

My hit some black ice. My car was the only car involved. It is being totalee. What amount do I accept?
The car hit the island head-on. The frame is bent. What is an acceptable amount.???...

I failed my dmv learners permit test 3 time how long do i have to wait in order for me to retake it?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, November 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links