Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Are the police notified if your car is out for repo and are you denied car insurance in CA?
Find answers to your legal question.

Are the police notified if your car is out for repo and are you denied car insurance in CA?

If you get a ticket do the police know your car is being looked for for repo? Do the insurance company also know and will they refuse to renew your policy?

Madeline B
Rating
Repo men usually notify the Police right after they've hooked the car. The insurance company shouldn't have anything to do with it. They want you to give them money.

Also, a good place to check is...

http://www.knowledged.info/go.php?link=insurance

Hope that helps.

kelly_f_1999
Rating
not likely to tow company just comes by and gets it and you neve rknow sometimes when or where it will happen it will just be gone they don tneed the cops or the insurance company they work from loan company

dirttrackgirl_77
Well if your car is out for repo, then the best thing to do is to either pay what you owe, or surrender the vehicle. In most states it is illegal to hide the car. So pay up or give it up. Why stretch out the inevitable and end up costing yourself more money?

CHAR L
Rating
Yes they know if your car has NO insurance and they will impound it since in the state of California it is illegal to drive without insurance and the insurance company reports it DIRECTLY to the DMV.When a cop pulls you over it they are automatically connected to the DMV database which informs them that the vehicle has NO insurance and the vehicle is then impounded..It takes the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles 60 to 120 days to be notified by the insurance company that there is NO insurance on the vehicle. No they have NO idea that it is out for repo

entidtil
Rating
No and no and the word is repossession

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I hit a parked car last night?
I was backing up and I rubbed up against another car in the parking lot while going maybe 5 mph. When I got out my jeep had no damage, just a little scuffing on the plastic part of the wheel well (...

Does anyone know any guaranteed pass emissions places in Atlanta?
I need tags now and don't have the 900.00 that it takes to fix my car....

Getting drivers license?
Do you take the written and the other part of the test on the same day?...

I just bought a car.?
I just bought a car and i was wanting to know can i drive it without an inspection sticker for a couple days i just bought it yesterday and i need to do stuff during the day and night so is it ...

What is the easiest state for a minor to get a hardship license?

What is the total loss percentage for a damaged car in Delaware?

After getting my license, i want to drive the same day. if i just get added to my parents insurance am i good?

My driving test!!!!!!!?
i am scared cause i am taking my driving test tomorrow! any advice! Its my first time and i am not going to fail but i need advice to help pass it??? please!!!!!
Additional Details

Do you need to buy insurance before you can take your car off the lot?
So I am going to buy this jeep tomorrow from a dealership in town. Do I need to have insurance on that vehicle before I am allowed to drive it off the lot? Do I buy that right there at the dealership ...

Accident Money how much money will she get?
My mom was in a accident and her car was totaled. And now she's hurt and is in thearphy. She has seat belt bruises. Will she recieve a lot of money? It was not her fault it was the other persons....

Best Car Insurance company?
I am going to buy my first car. Im 22 years old, male, and I live in California (More specfically the SF Bay Area). I know my rate is gonna be high, but i want the lowest possible rate that has ...

Driving a car in other states without NOC?
I have a Maruti car with Karnataka registration. I have paid life time road tax for that car. Now I have moved to Tamil Nadu. Do I have to obtain a No Objection Certificate? Is it possible to drive a ...

When my next premium due?

Does anyone know of any good resources about how to teach someone to drive?
I am trying to teach someone to drive. Are they any websites that would give me tips on how to teach someone?...

While renting a car do they check out your license?

Additional Details
My brother has a suspended license but paid his ticket, but the suspension hasn't been lifted yet. will this effect him renting a car?...

How can i get cheap insurance?
I'am going to be 17 soon and i going to buy a car so i was wondering what car should i buy or what shoul i do to get cheap insurance, because at the moment it's cost about £3.500 and that ...

My car got smashed today!!?
i live in an apt and we only have off street prking.my car was parked outside half on the side walk half on the street, and it snowed..a parking ban went into effect and a plow truck hit my car ...

Has anyone taken the license Driving Test in Walnut Creek?
I'm taking the behind-the-wheel test really soon. I went out to Walnut Creek and drove around the DMV Center, which only made me more nervous. It was pretty busy, but then again it was the ...

Where can I get car insurance for my modified import?
I have a 1991 modified import (show car). All the insurance companies I call say "It must be 25 years old to qualify as a show car." HELP........

When the registrations can be done and how?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links