Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Bought car/dealership went out of business. How do I go about getting the title?
Find answers to your legal question.

Bought car/dealership went out of business. How do I go about getting the title?

I bought a used car from a dealership that went out of business. I paid cash for the car. The only paperwork I have is the Retail Purchase Agreement. I can't get my tag without the title, I can't get the title b/c I can't seem to find anyone to talk to from the previous company... i am not sure what to do.

‚ô•*‚ô•I love my little munchkin‚ô•*‚ô•
You should be able to call the Better Business Bureau. They should be able to give you a number to take care of this. A company can't just disappear without taking care of unfinished business. Good Luck.

JOP
Rating
Unfortunately these things happen but all is not lost for you. If you are in California, the DMV will still be able to issue you a title. Bring your Retail Purchase Agreement with you and fillout DMV form 343, you will also fillout and sign a Statement of Facts form DMV 256 explaining how you purchased the vehicle and the fact that the dealership went out of business. The DMV will be able to check the status of the dealership and refer you to an investigator. In the meantime, you can be issued a Temporary Operating Permit which you can use while your case is under investigation. DMV will inform you of the progress in your case. It might take awhile before you get your title but there is hope for you.

Crownroyal
The car lot I got my car from went out of business and I wasn't finish paying for my car, when they first closed down one of the ladies working there was just going around collecting the payments, now I have been calling them for about 3 months and I can't get in touch, I really want the title to my car is there anyway I would be able to get my title even though they went out of business?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What would one have to do to get a home built car road legal in Ontario Canada?
I have most of the parts just lying around and have always wanted to build my own car, something like a kit car. However, I'm not sure what I would have to do to get a home build car road legal. ...

What does an SR-22 do exactly?
My license is suspended so when I went to get purchase insurance the guy at the insurance office gave me an SR-22 and told me to take it to the DMV and that my license will be reinstated. Is this ...

How long will it take to get money for my totald car?
i got rear ended last thursday and it wasnt my fault and they asked me if i wanted 4099 or 3200 and the car back they gave me till monday to decide i decided to keep the car how long will it take to ...

Drivers ed in CA in school?
ok so i live in CA im freshman in high school and ill be 15 1/2 in april. My school has drivers ed but u can only take it as a sophmore. By then ill be 16, and i want to get it earlier. My friend ...

What classifies a car title as "branded", "reconstructed", or "salvaged"?

How to find out if license is suspended?

Additional Details
Car was impounded. Did not receive letter in mail.

Webstite to find out???? Too late to appeal if it is?...

Can I get a TN drivers license if my permit has expired.?
My permit expired in the beginning of January. I was wondering if I could still get my license or if I would have to renew my permit first before I get my license....

Im applying for an auto loan?
hi im 21 yrs old, ive lived at the same residence for 8 years, im a college student but also work full time. i have a credi score of 726, i am looking to apply for a auto loan. i have 5000 to put ...

What age can i get my provisional licence?
hi, one of my mate got her provisional licence at the age of 16, im currently 15 and in august im turning 16, can i apply to get my provisional licence?
and i know i cant drive until im 17, but ...

Driving further to new job site at same rate of pay?
I need to know how to ask for compensation. Otherwise its a chunk out of my check for gas. I was hiried locally and now the company wants me to drive out 30 miles from my home to another office and ...

I got pulled over the other day, will i lose my liscense?
i went left in a right-only turn, but im 16 and its my first ticket. the fine was a hundred bucks but will i lose my liscence at all?...

Can I change my front license plate on my car?
I wanted to put a license plate with a picture on it on the front of my car. Is this legal in Texas?...

Commercial Vehical Insurance Minimums?
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a minimum amount of insurance coverage that is required for commercial vehicles... I am specifically talking about a 5 axle dump truck. This is ...

I am 25 and have never had my driving licence. I took my written test when i was 16 will i have to retake it?
i am needing to get them soon i just dont think i remember everything that there was on the test... lol
i would prefer not to have to take it again =)
Additional Details
btw i live ...

Auto insurance rates?
my car was recently side swiped by another car and i don't have any insurance on it because i have a lot of speeding tickets on my record. i was wondering if i could go somewhere to check for ...

Can a person who doesnt have a drivers license buy a car and get insurance?

Transfer of international license into a US one?
In which US states can one transfer an international license into a US one?...

Can you drive someones car in the state of Ohio without insurance?
If that person's car your driving has full coverage?
Additional Details
i thought insurance applied on the car not my driver.
my mom said that what the insurance people said. i ...

Illinois/DMV?Road test?
so i want to know how many tries do you get to get your license and how many chances u get to take da road test?...

Cheap insurance for Yong driver and what older car?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links