Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Can I register a car without a State Driver's License?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can I register a car without a State Driver's License?

I live in Dallas, and I'm buying a car in a few days. I have an international driver's license, and will apply for a Texas Drivers License also in a week's time.
Can I register the car before having the Texas Driver's License??

old lady
Yes. Anyone can register car ownership - whether they hae a driving license or not. You can even be a minor and register a car. I know a young fellow who is too young to get a driving license but who races stock cars (all on enclosed tracks, not on the highway) and owns a couple of cars.

handyclown
yes

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

CA DMV help please?!?!?
I booked my appointment just about a month ago via phone, they gave me the confirmation number(i dont have it) and appointment time, which is tomorrow morning. Yet it is not showing on the website, ...

What happens in a Whiplash claim and how much will I get?
We (me and my hubby) had an accident on Friday 13th Feb, where a car hit the back of my car - writing the two off! Bear in mind that my car was no old banger, but the damage sustained was so much ...

Change private number plate back to original?
i am buyin a car which has private number plate but i want to change it back to the original plate do i have to pay for it and how much and how do i go about it and can i sell the number plate to ...

Can i drive my cousins car, i have no insurance but...?
im not insured on his name, have no insurance nothing...however he claims because he has trade insurance or a trade policy or sumshit like that, that i can drive his car.

he said if the ...

Has anyone heard of City General Insurance? Is it safe to get auto insurance through the phone or internet...?
I need auto insurance A S A P and I am afraid to make a mistake. And settle for just any and it end up being a mistake.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Additional Details
I live in C...

Im from out of state will i have to take the written test for drivers license in north carolina?

Uk car drivers question?
how easy is it to tax your car online? how long do you have to wait for the tax disc to arrive after you have paid for it? and how early can i tax it if it runs out at end of march?...

Please advise about insurance claim ?
My car insurance is due on first week of March and car is one year old. I want to keep my car for insurance claim due to some damage due to accident. Should I claim at present or after paying next ...

How much does it cost to personalize your license plate?
i live in CA if that means anything....

Uhaul stuck in mud hole helpppp?
well my mom is leaving my dad and now the moving truck is stuck in the front yard sinking into the mud does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it ...

Causing accident by uninsured and untaxed driver?
Somebody I know (and no it is NOT me!! ... I really have no sympathy here. She deserves what she gets) has caused an accident whilst uninsured and untaxed. Any idea what the likely minimum penalty ...

Was this a good buy? 4x4 with towbar.?
Just got a Nissan terrano 2.7 turbo diesel R reg. for £1035.
109,000 miles with full history and years MOT.
Drives like new!...

Car accident with no insurance?
I just got into an accident (he swerved into my lane and hit me, I wasn't at fault) and don't have insurance (it's my boyfriend's car). I was going to get insurance this week ...

The cheapest auto insurance for nyc 23 year old?
Hey im thinking about buying a used car this month but have no one to put my insurance name in so imma have to put it in my own name...im 23 what place has the best insurance for my age?? And btw in N...

As an uninsured driver, can I still recover damages from a car accident that was the other drivers fault?
The other driver agrees and it is stated in the police report that she was at fault. This is in Missouri.
Additional Details
By the way, this is not me. Asking for someone else. I would ...

I am registering a used car in Massachusetts?
I am registering a used car in Massachusetts that I bought from a personal sale. What do I need to do to get it registered that will make it less of a nightmare at the registry?...

When you have to renew your tag and you need a smog check and the DMV gives you a permit.?
How many days is that permit for? Are there any charges if you pass the expiration date?
Additional Details
California S...

My Mom lost her license 10 yrs ago?
and thy won't give her a new one cause they don't believe she's who we say she is! we gave them, Birth-cert, Bills, copy of marriage lic, ssn. and her license was on file but it had no ...

Florida Underinsured Uninsured Motorist Coverage?
I am getting ready to renew my auto insurance in Florida. The agent just inform me that in Florida, if I have my own medical insurance, I do not need the UM coverage. Is this correct? Thanks....

I got into car accident and still see doctor my attorney settlment the case what can i do?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links